• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 3: New Zealand v Argentina (09/09/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

140916065415463267.png
140916065416590853.png
140916065412996251.png

Venue: Yarrow Stadium
Time: 09:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

These two teams are separated by 17.21 rankings points. The gap between Argentina and Uruguay is only 14.85.

From 24 past games between these two teams, the record is 23/1/0. The average score is 40-14. That one draw was in 1985.

TAB is only paying $1.02 for an All Blacks win, and $1.08 for a win by 13+

In other words, the conditions are just right for the Pumas to cause a nuclear explosion of an upset.

Last edited:
Points mean nothing. Between ARG and URU there is 60+ diference in points easily.

Right now i think AB are far far away. WC match was a close one this one will go far far much diff. AB by 40/45.

These two teams are separated by 17.21 rankings points. The gap between Argentina and Uruguay is only 14.85.

From 24 past games between these two teams, the record is 23/1/0. The average score is 40-14. That one draw was in 1985.

TAB is only paying $1.02 for an All Blacks win, and $1.08 for a win by 13+

In other words, the conditions are just right for the Pumas to cause a nuclear explosion of an upset.

Careful now, you'll end up getting @galumay to put down $50 on the Pumas with those stats :p

i'm torm between blooding a few new guys (openside maybe) and showing the Argies the respect the deserve (aswell as building some coninuity) and going more or less full strength

NZ tend to get their best results against Argentina in Argentina as the turf is normally much drier and they can use their advantage in the backs to pile on the points.

Due to the above, I'm expecting a closer match in New Plymouth than what we'll get in Argentina.

Hopefully see some new faces for the All Blacks. Presumably Dagg will be on the right wing. I'd like to see ALB and Perenara start (give Sopoaga a run in Argentina while Beaudie prepares for the South Africa match). Sounds like Scott Barrett will start with Whitelock getting a rest.

Expecting the following changes: Barrett for Whitelock, ALB for SBW and Dagg for Smith. Would also like to see TJ and Ardie start, and it'd be good to see Laumape and TKB get a run.

i'm torm between blooding a few new guys (openside maybe) and showing the Argies the respect the deserve (aswell as building some coninuity) and going more or less full strength

Maybe you can put a 2 tier team so we lose only by a few and get our confidence back again XD haha help us xD

tier 2 nz will kick our asses just the same. remember the blues beating the ******* british lions?

But the lions beat the championship winning saders...

I expect the AB's to run up a cricket score in this game.
I would be very surprised if Argentina got a low enough score to be a plausible wicket tally, the way our defence performed against Aus.

It could well be something like 70-19, but I can't see 70-9.

I'm also conscious of the fact that in last year's TRC, Argentina came closer to beating the All Blacks than anybody. (Though that game was in Argentina)
They're most dangerous when they're written off.

Not sure how this game will go. The sheer speed and skill of the AB's suggest a big home win, but the Pumas will punish AB errors far better than the Aussies. They kick long - a given - and the AB's need to return the ball in hand rather than engage in a kicking game the Pumas will win. In super rugby, the 'Canes lost to the Lions by engaging in a kicking comp whereas in previous encounters they ran from the back. Hopefully the AB coaches know the Pumas well enough to know the way to flatten the oppositions tight five is to run them ragged. Sure you can try to do that by kicking - but only if you are better at that than your opponent.

I'm backing the AB's for a big win subject to the final team announcement. Bring in too many recognised kickers and I might just take the points-in option when it is declared.

Discipline, discipline, discipline!!!

Los Pumas have been very disappointing in that area. Some of the PK's they gave away against the Boks in the last two matches were just stupid and needless,. If it lets them down on the weekend, and they go a man down at any stage, the AB's are likely to exploit that ruthlessly.

ALL BLACKS: Damian McKenzie, Israel Dagg, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sonny Bill Williams, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (c), Ardie Savea, Vaea Fifita, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano, Nepo Laulala, Dane Coles, Joe Moody. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Scott Barrett, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Lima Sopoaga, Ngani Laumape.

bit of rotation happening

In fairness the backs are pretty close to full strength / first choice in terms of Super Rugby form. Coles and Retallick up front too. I'll go for All Blacks by 29 points.

Surprised Barrett is at 10 again, thought he could do with a rest.

NMS on the wing is a great sight considering his injuries

dont know why but i just get a bad vibe form the Dagg - DMac - NMS back three.....

Latest posts