• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] England vs France (Round 5)

Maybe, but you have been one for a good while now, so it's about time for a change!

I'd also agree with the notion that our defence today wasn't solely down to the style we were attempting to display, it was fairly consistent with how it's been throughout the tournament albeit that little bit worse.

Oh, and you only mentioned 2 of the All Blacks current first XV.

For England, unfortunately, there's going to be some false optimism from now on.

I say false because the fact is that much of what has excited people about the attacking rugby england are playing will be gone when Fazlet comes back at 12. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely advantages to him coming back, as with Brad Barritt in terms of our defensive organisation, but there's going to be big trade offs and I fear when that happens and these players come back, we will suddenly realize we haven't made much if any progress this last year...

I'd also agree with the notion that our defence today wasn't solely down to the style we were attempting to display, it was fairly consistent with how it's been throughout the tournament albeit that little bit worse.

defence has been poor all 6nations, we don't seem to be able to adapt once we come under pressure, plenty of times we're bolting up and out when a simple drift would have been far more effective, and we seem to fold in way way too easily (Bennett try last week being a perfect example).

defence has been poor all 6nations, we don't seem to be able to adapt once we come under pressure, plenty of times we're bolting up and out when a simple drift would have been far more effective, and we seem to fold in way way too easily (Bennett try last week being a perfect example).

Agree with Rats and this too. The moment I look at the final table and see the points conceded by us compared to Ireland I immediately see that there's really no cause for feeling disgruntled at our continued lack of success..

I don't think the defence was that bad, most of them came from turnovers, and if there is one NH team you don't want to give away turnovers to (still), it's France.

Agree with Rats and this too. The moment I look at the final table and see the points conceded by us compared to Ireland I immediately see that there's really no cause for feeling disgruntled at our continued lack of success..

For England, unfortunately, there's going to be some false optimism from now on.

I say false because the fact is that much of what has excited people about the attacking rugby england are playing will be gone when Fazlet comes back at 12. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely advantages to him coming back, as with Brad Barritt in terms of our defensive organisation, but there's going to be big trade offs and I fear when that happens and these players come back, we will suddenly realize we haven't made much if any progress this last year...

I don't think we should be too down on England, that backline was bolted together a month and a bit ago and they have been a revelation in attack.

Ton's to work on, but also a lot of key players to come back - 2015 is going to be too soon, we should be aiming for a Semi.

Haha, a strong all blacks team compared with the Scottish team - compare that to England's 2nd team almost winning against the All Blacks first team in the first test last summer.

I don't think we should be too down on England, that backline was bolted together a month and a bit ago and they have been a revelation in attack.

Ton's to work on, but also a lot of key players to come back - 2015 is going to be too soon, we should be aiming for a Semi.

But that's my point really, the backline which has been pretty exciting will probably be told to 'stand down' when our injured players return and progress will be somewhat lost.
On the other hand, Launchbury and Morgan coming back will improve us plenty.

England won World Cup with boring kicking game good for the game and show disrespect to other countrys no wonder every one what's them to be beat hope Hogg dropped it on purpose

I think we'll have to wait and see... key now is guys like Joseph and Ford going back and maintaining some form in the Avia/RCC. I bet Joseph stuggles o get back into the Bath team (just a hunch).

The thing is, the kiwi posters have a point, we won't win playing this kind of game against Aus or NZ, so we will have to go back to playing tight against Aus at least. I'm not sure about SA or NZ, SA will probably stop us playing like that by booting the leather off the ball, and we won't beat them in a tight game, whilst we will probably lose regardless against NZ.

England won World Cup with boring kicking game good for the game and show disrespect to other countrys no wonder every one what's them to be beat hope Hogg dropped it on purpose

59774174.jpg

I think we'll have to wait and see... key now is guys like Joseph and Ford going back and maintaining some form in the Avia/RCC. I bet Joseph stuggles o get back into the Bath team (just a hunch).

Well he's got to compete with England RWC 2015 Captain And Saviour Of Rugby Union Sam Burgess™

The thing is, the kiwi posters have a point, we won't win playing this kind of game against Aus or NZ, so we will have to go back to playing tight against Aus at least. I'm not sure about SA or NZ, SA will probably stop us playing like that by booting the leather off the ball, and we won't beat them in a tight game, whilst we will probably lose regardless against NZ.

Oh I completely agree. It's not the way to beat those terms per se, but I think we've shown that being able to play a bit of rugby doesn't hurt.

Latest posts