• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

I wondered about it at first but the TMO viewed it and it went on to stick.
Also, the opposition were not concerned by it at all.

I wonder how different this game could have been in the ref had seen the neck roll just before JP intercepted the ball. Try to SA?

I don't mean to keep going on about this, but just rewatched that first try. To me that is absolutely a forward pass by about 1ft. No contact with RSA player.

Are you even happy that we won? Because it doesn't seem like it. Forward pass this, Sam Cane was crap that. There was nothing wrong with the first try. You're more than welcome to bugger off and support the Springboks playing for 3rd. Totally up to you matey.

Are you even happy that we won? Because it doesn't seem like it. Forward pass this, Sam Cane was crap that. There was nothing wrong with the first try. You're more than welcome to bugger off and support the Springboks playing for 3rd. Totally up to you matey.

Happy? Yeah, but if we can't or won't identify problems we'll never get better. I imagine that's been the frame of mind for the All Blacks coaching staff for years now.

ps; Sam Cane was rubbish.

I wonder how different this game could have been in the ref had seen the neck roll just before JP intercepted the ball. Try to SA?

No because we had the ball and were playing under advantage. He would hardly play advantage to SA while we have the ball. The intercept came a couple of phases later.

Sam Cane made 2 handling errors when he came on. The second was a very difficult ball to hold on to but it did lose us vital possession and hopefully he will learn from it.

I haven't exactly anazlyed the video etc but I never thought the pass from mccaw to kaino was anything close to dodgy so dunno about it being forward etc

I have to say...

If this ends up being the first AB v Wallaby RWC final, I don't know if my nerves will hold up.

Luckily, the du Plessis brothers and Matfield won't be seen again. There's hope for SA rugby yet.

I don't mean to keep going on about this, but just rewatched that first try. To me that is absolutely a forward pass by about 1ft. No contact with RSA player.

As soon as someone says that a pass is "forward by X distance" I immediately know that they don't know what they are talking about, and that they don't understand how forward passes are judged.

Watch this World Rugby video, then go look again at the Kaino try and in particular, look at the direction McCaw is facing when he makes the pass, and the direction the ball is thrown. Try to ignore the flight of the ball like referees do.

Even if the referee thinks it might be forward and refers it to the TMO, the TMO's instructions are very specific in the protocol

[TEXTAREA]2. Potential infringement by the team touching the ball down in opposition in-goal

2.6 For forward passes the match officials must adjudicate on the direction of the ball leaving
the hands.[/TEXTAREA]

- - - Updated - - -

BTW folks, the so-called citing of McCCaw is dead in the water. As I suspected, it was all just wishful thinking by England's gutter press.

As this video shows, McCaw's elbow and Louw's head never come into contact...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-illusion-there-is-no-elbow-from-richie-mccaw

...all that happens is McCaw's right hip knocks Louw's right shoulder

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say the SAs were very gracious in defeat, both the players and fans. It's a real credit to them all. It seems as well most if not all of the players seem to have a genuine mutual respect.

Well done SA on a pretty gritty performance. It very nearly went your way. I feel for u guys that you came so close without getting the desired result.

Good stuff to the ABs. They showed a toughness and composure in that game that was something to be proud of. Not a heap of wonderful individual performances, but a fantastic team effort.

Can't wait for the final!!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW folks, the so-called citing of McCCaw is dead in the water. As I suspected, it was all just wishful thinking by England's gutter press.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-illusion-there-is-no-elbow-from-richie-mccaw

To be fair people probably will want him cited and banned for that too. He is the biggest cheat to ever have played the game after all.

To be fair people probably will want him cited and banned for that too. He is the biggest cheat to ever have played the game after all.

Its funny though isnt it how they bring up the Mccaw incident but nobody's said jot about A Smith getting a boot on the back as he came out of a ruck about 4 seconds after the Mccaw nothing.

They are both nothings though of course....

Gutter rats is about the only way you can describe the English media as smartcooky said.

As soon as someone says that a pass is "forward by X distance" I immediately know that they don't know what they are talking about, and that they don't understand how forward passes are judged.

Watch this World Rugby video, then go look again at the Kaino try and in particular, look at the direction McCaw is facing when he makes the pass, and the direction the ball is thrown. Try to ignore the flight of the ball like referees do.

Even if the referee thinks it might be forward and refers it to the TMO, the TMO's instructions are very specific in the protocol

[TEXTAREA]2. Potential infringement by the team touching the ball down in opposition in-goal

2.6 For forward passes the match officials must adjudicate on the direction of the ball leaving
the hands.[/TEXTAREA]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm aware of that rule, as I am of Newton's laws of physics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tall poppy syndrome, unfortunately for us NZers, we are the worst especially when we lose.

Hard luck SA and luck on the day was crucial during that brutal match.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm aware of that rule, as I am of Newton's laws of physics.

But rugby balls are a tad different than Newtons apples.

Apples and oranges really :D

All Blacks shocking discipline kept the Boks in that one. South Africa didn't create anything as expected and really should have played for the drop goal. Still suspect New Zealand would have won regardless, although I reckon if they were playing Australia or Argentina, they would have lost on that display. Both of those teams would have scored tries which would have been enough to get over the line. Anyway, I doubt they will play that badly again next week. Cracking semi final and final in stall. I cannot wait!!!

They didn't play badly but rather the stoic springbok defence ,boks ability to effect turnovers made it difficult for them.

Tall poppy syndrome, unfortunately for us NZers, we are the worst especially when we lose.

Hard luck SA and luck on the day was crucial during that brutal match.

- - - Updated - - -

But rugby balls are a tad different than Newtons apples.

Apples and oranges really :D

Luck had nothing to do with it . 2 tries to nil . The boks never looked like scoring .

Funny how it's English gutter press when it was Ozzie press that brought it up....ah the bias of some posters here blaming us on everything. In fact ive not seen a single link to an English article in this thread on the incident.

Glad to see that zoomed up though pretty clear McCaw clipped his shoulder nothing in it, incidents like that need to be investigated when it appears there is wrongdoing nothing wrong with that....but as noted clear evidence needs to be produced what happens. The first shot I saw was really inconclusive showed something might need to be investigated but you can't hang a guy on that evidence alone.

Latest posts