• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Argentina (20/09/2015)

I thought you would get Live coverage for the ABs on prime?

Nah **** no its all on sky live. Only rugby championship matches were delayed coverage by like 2hrs or something thats all we get free. The WC coverage is honestly pathetic.

Nah **** no its all on sky live. Only rugby championship matches were delayed coverage by like 2hrs or something thats all we get free. The WC coverage is honestly pathetic.

Pretty bad, finally saw average highlights to put it nicely on Sky now, a quick summary of the games, missed out the guts of the games, just try highlights, bloody woeful, they should have a much better day time highlights package for people who can't watch the games during the middle of the night.

Yeah it's really disappointing aye! The Abs game is gonna be replayed at something like 2pm on Monday. Who the fkuc is gonna be able to watch that? And even if you could watch that, who is gonna hold off on hearing the result until then? It's a real shame cause many in NZ can not afford to buy, or have chosen not to buy what has now become a pretty crap product in Sky, so they will basically all miss out on the RWC - unless of course you opt for the on-line streams that are out there ;)

Prime should be showing the ABs games on a 2 hour delay at the least, and should do the same for some of the other big pool games as well - one a night maybe. There is no way that doing that would mean they lose subscribers! They really are dumb fcuks at Sky if you ask me. So far behind the play it's ridiculous. It will come back to bite them soon I guarantee it. Once the world cup is over and contracts run out, mark my words how much subscription revenue they will lose!

Last edited:
Pretty lucky to have a fair chunk of the world cup live and free to air in Aus, but most major sports are free to watch in Australia.

Yeah it's really disappointing aye! The Abs game is gonna be replayed at something like 2pm on Monday. Who the fkuc is gonna be able to watch that? And even if you could watch that, who is gonna hold off on hearing the result until then? It's a real shame cause many in NZ can not afford to buy, or have chosen not to buy what has now become a pretty crap product in Sky, so they will basically all miss out on the RWC.

It's a real shame!

TV One used to get the rights back in the day. They even did it for the Football World Cup. Shocked no free to view stations have anything. Is there anything online for people to watch?

Pretty lucky to have a fair chunk of the world cup live and free to air in Aus, but most major sports are free to watch in Australia.

Is that just by choice of the networks? or is there something in legislation that enforces that?

Yes, really lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

TV One used to get the rights back in the day. They even did it for the Football World Cup. Shocked no free to view stations have anything. Is there anything online for people to watch?

Yeah heaps of on line options. I'm not sure of the legality though!

A good option is to find someone who has sky and use their skygo account. It's a dog of a product, but its better than other online streams. A sky account holder can have three devices registered to skygo and in my experience most don't use it at all, and if they do its usually just with one device. I've been using my mates now for 3 years.

Last edited:
AB's win comfortably. No need for jitters!
Yup, I'll do a Heineken and make the bold prediction that we will not lose this one ;)

In all seriousness Argentina of course do have a shot here. The ABs could be a little vulnerable given the length of time between this game and the last time they had a hit out. A lot of these fullahs have not played for some time now. On the other hand, the professionalism in this AB camp is pretty solid. Most combinations are pretty experienced together and lets be honest, the AB team has many of the worlds premier players. I'm expecting a game similar to the pool play game against France in 2011. I think they will want to make a point, I think Carter will take on the line creating space for the backs, and I've got a feeling the world will become pretty familiar with Nehe Milner-Skudder by the end of pool play!

I guess the most interesting thing for me will be to see how our forwards match up - hopefully there are no concerns. This Argentinian pack is as good as most in world rugby so if the ABs can get on top tonight, then I will feel a lot better moving forward.

So excited for the game - not so excited to have to get my arse up at 3:30 or what ever it is!

All countries have to telecast the knockouts free to air i thought, @ABs2015 i think it could be a case of some sort of government legislation, even the Ashes played in England are on free to air networks. Though if memory serves me right about 5 or 6 years ago the wallaby games were delayed on free to air tv but the last couple of years all wallaby matches have been shown live including the EOYT. Still cant believe tonights game is being shown live.

Last edited by a moderator:
All countries have to telecast the knockouts free to air i thought, @ABs2015 i think it could be a case of some sort of government legislation, even the Ashes played in England are on free to air networks. Though if memory serves me right about 5 or 6 years ago the wallaby games were delayed on free to air tv but the last couple of years all wallaby matches have been shown live including the EOYT. Still cant believe tonights game is being shown live.

Yeah, cheers mate. Yes from the knockouts on I think Prime will have free to air live coverage. I haven't checked though. Sky would go belly up if they lost sole rights to rugby, so I just can't see anything changing over here sadly!

Last edited by a moderator:

The England v Fiji game was broadcast live on Prime.

Yeah, but no AB pool matches live right?

Correct!

Prime's 2015 Rugby World Cup coverage at a glance:

• LIVE coverage of the opening ceremony and the first game (England vs Fiji).
  • Delayed coverage of All Blacks' pool matches.
  • Match day highlights of all other games.
  • LIVE coverage of two quarter finals (including the All Blacks quarter final, should they make it that far), and delayed coverage of the other two quarter finals.
  • LIVE coverage of one semi-final (including the All Blacks semi-final, should they make it that far), and delayed coverage of the other semi-final.
  • LIVE coverage of the bronze final.
  • LIVE coverage of the final.

Cheers mate - found my old log in, so back to the 2011 version:)

I just wish they did the AB pools matches live as well (or delayed by 2 hrs or so). Kinda pointless showing them after lunch on weekdays don't u think?

Clearly you did not

I guess you didn't either. I made a passing comment that sometimes the Argentina players have a habit of diving. Not every game but they do it more than most. And it was demonstrated this year again when one player went down against Michael Hooper.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/thread...ina-v-Australia-in-Mendoza-(25-07-2015)/page6 .. even your own countryman points out Sanchez has a history of this. I didn't say who did it. Just that Argentina were known for it.

I think we should move on and talk about the match. You can head over to the blocked list so I don't have to read your nonsense before you kick off. :)

Last edited:
I guess you didn't either.
ohh, the i-know-i-am-but-what-are-you response....
What are you five or something?

I think we should move on and talk about the match. You can head over to the blocked list so I don't have to read your nonsense before you kick off. :)
typical. You bring up a subject, offer no more evidence than your myopic and biassed anecdotical experience, call other people's opinions "nonsense", get challenged and then come up with some bull**** excuse after you made sure you had the last word to "move on". Take that condescending, egotistical and ignorant attitude and shuv it up your arse. Good idea about the blocklist thou. I'll do so straight away. trf will instantly become better after your **** gets filtered.

My prediction is 30 - 18 for us.

It will be 20 - 18 with 10 minutes to go and 13-10 at HT.

Last edited:

Latest posts