• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

I'm just glad I resisted the temptation to fly to London and see the game live. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a fair contest but honestly that was just what we have come to expect - nz play on the fringes of the laws and are applauded for doing so. A little less sycophantic commentary wouldn't go astray. Admittedly it is difficult to bring nz back into line when they have been allowed to get away with such little things for so long.

Very nice final from both teams, too bad ref wasnt at the level of the event.
New zealand obviously deserves it, but on a strictly game point of view, the gifts of owens/barnes in first half made australia run after the score. Wich is what NZ likes the best, they are master at counter attack. So game went a way, that might have been different if it was directed another way.
But this we ll never know, and i m sure that with any other ref, the best team that is NZ woudl have won anyway.
Players and teams reach a level now, in speed, accuracy, physically, but refs are far from reachin that pro level that is needed to make this game even better.

I'm just glad I resisted the temptation to fly to London and see the game live. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a fair contest but honestly that was just what we have come to expect - nz play on the fringes of the laws and are applauded for doing so. A little less sycophantic commentary wouldn't go astray. Admittedly it is difficult to bring nz back into line when they have been allowed to get away with such little things for so long.

Man shut up go watch a replay of the game and come back!

Congradulations to the all blacks, the best team won. Proud of my wallabies, tried their best did Australia proud.

Congrats to both sides!

I think this ABs managed to place themselves between the best teams in the history (if not the best). This Oz team closed a very good year without the greatest prize but may have a very good future in front of them if they manage to keep it up.

Carter deserved to end his international career with this trophy, absolutely well deserved win for ABs.
On a side note, I do not understand the need of bashing the ref. Kepu had a clearly dangerous tackle on Carter, yet he was forgiven. Smith was unlucky from this point of view.

Without a bad ref decision Oz wouldn't have made the final. Best team won.

Pretty damned good performance from one Mr Daniel Carter.

Yep couldnt believe the comment by one poster earlier in the match that he thought Foley was outplaying him.... Well **** if Foley was outplaying him maybe they'd of had some field position. What a crock of ****.

Cheika said NZ won the game "fair and square".

Was he just being politic?

- - - Updated - - -

Cheika said NZ won the game "fair and square".

Was he just being politic?

Congratulations to the all blacks . I now realize this has been a 4 year effort of planning . Steve Hansen well done mate ! Enough
respect ! You beloved in Richie and Dan Carter and brought in the right youngsters !!
All Blacks ! ALL Blacks !

The bleating about the ref is honestly getting tiresome guys. NZ would of won that game 10 times on sunday with every other ref available EVEN BARNES!!!

Well played Australia. You guys have done awesome, when practically everyone doubted you coming into this tournament. From not meant to make it out of group stages to giving the All Blacks a go. May your success continue, as long as you're not playing us.

As for all of the doubters, the nay-sayers, the "can only do it in your own country" fans.

:)

Latest posts