• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] South Africa v Australia in Cape Town (27/09/2014)

So Stormer, what is the weather like down there in the Cape?

Will Saturday be the Cape of Good Hope or the Cape of Storms??

Currently it's cloudy and cool. Somewhat humid for the Cape. If anything it should let up towards the weekend though.. I hope!

Good news for Saffers. Saia Faingaa is going to start the game. The worst hooker I've ever seen in my life. Boks by 50

Wooollabies team named:

15. Israel Folau
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
13. Tevita Kuridrani
12. Matt Toomua
11. Joe Tomane
10. Bernard Foley
9. Nick Phipps
8. Ben McCalman
7. Michael Hooper (c)
6. Scott Fardy
5. Rob Simmons
4. Sam Carter
3. Sekope Kepu
2. Saia Fainga’a (WTF?!!!)
1. James Slipper

Reserves: 16. James Hanson 17. Benn Robinson 18. Ben Alexander 19. James Horwill 20. Scott Higginbotham 21. Nic White 22. Kurtley Beale 23. Rob Horne.

Slipper and Hooper especially are world class and Kepu is good but the rest of the pack would be lucky to make a start for most other tier 1 sides. Seriously, if we don't win here I don't know what we are going to do. That backline is dangerous but really shouldn't be a factor with that pack Aus are putting out. So.., Aus by 2?

Nah, not in Cape Town. We simply won't allow that to happen; us fans will INTIMIDATE the ref. Expect cards...

that's not a great looking Wallaby XV....yeah, SA by 10.

Slipper and Hooper especially are world class and Kepu is good but the rest of the pack would be lucky to make a start for most other tier 1 sides. Seriously, if we don't win here I don't know what we are going to do. That backline is dangerous but really shouldn't be a factor with that pack Aus are putting out. So.., Aus by 2?

Nah, not in Cape Town. We simply won't allow that to happen; us fans will INTIMIDATE the ref. Expect cards...

The second row isn't world class and the hooker is too bad but the rest of the team is good. They can beat any team other than ABs

The second row isn't world class and the hooker is too bad but the rest of the team is good. They can beat any team other than ABs

What other top 10 team would start both Fardy and McCalman? Not SA, not NZ, not Eng, not Argentina, not Wales, not Ireland, not France and not even Sccotland. I'm sure Italy could do better as well. I don't know what the Samoan loose trio would look like. I know Aus have some injuries but still. Aus at least do have a knack of knowing how to put points on the board despite lacking in the tight 5. Whether that is due to having to have too, or their culture in sport or both.. one probably shouldn't write them off based on their tight 5 but it seems they've gone backward in some respects but maybe I'm being unfair and overlooking their injury situation. What am I doing now? Am I arguing with myself? Yes, I am. Stop it! Let's stop there.

Back on topic. I am just hoping SA manage to do something constructive with the backs. We havn't seen anything past the one try against NZ all RC. Hougaard needs to take this rare starting opportunity. I just hope he takes on the line a bit and stop with the ****ty box kicking.

Last edited:
Saia Fainga'a? The Boks will be quaking in their boots......

Fainga'a is handy at the breakdown, which is possibly the main reason he has been preferred over Hanson. It is good to see Robinson back on the Wallabies bench. He's probably only an average prop at test level, but he is has experience and is a solid enough scrummager.

Good to see Tomane getting a chance on the wing too. He does have a few flaws, but he adds a lot more firepower out wide than Horne. I like the fact Australia has gone back to a more traditional 5/3 split on the bench, though was expecting they may has been tempted to include Genia on the bench (perhaps next week in Argentina..).

Weather is turning nasty here. I hope the forecast of clear skies is accurate...

Good news for Saffers. Saia Faingaa is going to start the game. The worst hooker I've ever seen in my life. Boks by 50

Man this made me laugh. All i hope for is that we dont try a little too hard, and that we execute the set pieces. I cannot see us losing, and if we manage to score twice in the first half, we might be able to run away with it. Then again, the Wallabies could do anything. They might be tactically smart enough to deny us playing how we want to. We tend to lose the plot once the defense figures us out.

What other top 10 team would start both Fardy and McCalman? Not SA, not NZ, not Eng, not Argentina, not Wales, not Ireland, not France and not even Sccotland. I'm sure Italy could do better as well. I don't know what the Samoan loose trio would look like. I know Aus have some injuries but still. Aus at least do have a knack of knowing how to put points on the board despite lacking in the tight 5. Whether that is due to having to have too, or their culture in sport or both.. one probably shouldn't write them off based on their tight 5 but it seems they've gone backward in some respects but maybe I'm being unfair and overlooking their injury situation. What am I doing now? Am I arguing with myself? Yes, I am. Stop it! Let's stop there.

McCalman could play at number 8 in Argentina IMO. Fardy couldn't play at 6 because Fernandez Lobbe is a top class blindside flanker but he could play at lock.

Last edited:
Buhnurd Fowwwley misses, what a bish. Vermeulen really shining this tournament.

Knock-on by Kepu. Scrum for Boks in Aussie's territory

Latest posts