• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] South Africa v Argentina in Pretoria (16/08/2014)

Man matches like these remind me I'm a Ewis who likes his Pumas...
there's no reason they should be this competitive. Yeah yeah it rained, but this is the Boks in S.A. Last year after they got smashed in the opening weekend, the Pumas returned and gave the Boks another lesson at home. No reason that should've happened, a side that just doesn't have the players against the Boks should've taken another 30+ pounding at home also.

Nicolas Sanchez being his usual line breaking self, making the right offloads, creating for his teammates. Bordeaux need him back. The Pumas pack, which on paper or "statistically" shouldn't have anything to do in a test match against the Boks' pack, especially with absentees, is taking it to them, and well on occasion.
Conrad, not because "I told you so" but Herrera is unfortunately indeed having difficulty on his side of the scrum, and just shows he isn't an achieved prop in the loose either. I'm seeing here what I saw for Castres.

On the other hand, Mr. Ayerza is beating - the living - shiit - out of du Plessis on his side of the scrum. If only Argentina had but their full front row; just the full front row. Imagine Figallo+ Ayerza today...

Superb from the Pumas so far, and I don't care if they get smashed in the 2nd half. Would love to see them win this, as a fan (not an anti-Bok); but they likely won't, and I'm sure they'll have a few things to show their hosts when back in the country next week.

i Vamos los Pumas !

Agulla always want to fight. In ALL our fights he actively participates and is the main generator. He's our little Bakkies Botha :lol:
have you been in any fights in the all blacks jersey, you look pretty calm on the pitch

Sure he is only young but I haven't been too impressed with Pollard. Steyn coming on is a good choice.

Argentinian players don't seem to listen to the referee. He was shouting out that Ayerza was in front of the quicker. Montero did the same thing earlier. I realise they speak Spanish but surely they must know what stop means?

Vamoooooooooos Pumas! Vamoooooooooos!
Poooooooongan huevos que ganamos!

Vamoooooooooos Pumas! Vamoooooooooos!
Poooooooongan huevos que ganamos!

Argentina are just so clueless on attack and seem to lack players who have the ability to get over the gain line. They could have and probably should have got a draw at the end.

Some odd subs by the Argies.

I'm just really glad Ayerza has already said he wants to renew his contract as soon as possible, the French clubs must be after him.

Hopefully with Mafi gone, Matera should be in the 23 a lot more for Leicester as it will be tough to keep him after this season.

Yooo teee daré, te daréeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuna cosa...
Te daréeeeeeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuna cosaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Una cosa que empieza con P... PUMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yooo teee daré, te daréeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuna cosa...
Te daréeeeeeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuna cosaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Una cosa que empieza con P... PUMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argentina are just so clueless on attack and seem to lack players who have the ability to get over the gain line. They could have and probably should have got a draw at the end.

a little bit hard when you've got a Springbok team defending for its life at home in front of its home crowd...

So sorry Argentina, I don't think there's a whole lot to say about this. Everybody's seen it...this is bad for South Africa and really good for Argentina. The only good thing for S.A. is literally just the win, but nothing else around that.

Willie Le Roux has shown his limits today, although he was particularly on a bad day. I still giggle when he's mentioned alongside Folau or B.Smith, tbph.

Yeaaaaaaah, I'm very proud of the lads. Everybody thought it was going to be an easy match for the Boks, and the soon try made that some thought the worst, maybe a new Soweto's disaster. But the lads had a lot of courage and didn't allow Boks to play. Man of the match was the Pumas team IMO, lots of attitude, much courage.

Typical TRC Pumas, when EVERYONE is writing them off, they pull a good match. On the other hand, when people start saying "well, they can win this one, right?", they get torn apart :lol:

Nevertheless, I'm not satisfied, it's always the same. Yeah, good attitude, etc I know. But... the ball slipping from Galarza's hands just in front of the ingoal... That kind of thing are some serious psychological issues people, it's like they are afraid of success sometimes...

Latest posts