• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] South Africa v Argentina in Pretoria (16/08/2014)

Herrera just isn't nearly worthy of being an Argentinian starting Tighthead. I've seen him a lot play for Castres at the end of last season, they picked him up as a medical joker. Not the most powerful scrummager to say the least, and so-so around the park. Hopefully he'll show things I haven't seen him do for country, but for Castres he was a disappointment.

For Castres was a dissappointment?? And why they made with him a two-year contract (After his first game) when in the beginning he was just a medical joker?

There is hope for all if Chaparro is sat on the bench for Argentina.

For Castres was a dissappointment?? And why they made with him a two-year contract (After his first game) when in the beginning he was just a medical joker?

I guess because they're retarded, and decent Tightheads are a super mega ultra rarity, and they have a limited budget, so really they're not retarded and keep the latter two reasons. Look, even Toulouse have hung on to their Census Johnston, and he's been utter shiite at scrumtime and Toulouse had the worst scrum in the league statistically last year.
I reiterate: I'm HOPING...he produces way more than he has for Castres last year. Dude, I've been watching, it's not like I'm making this shiit up for fk knows what. From what I've seen, Argentina should struggle at scrumtime because if he's the starting tighthead, even Ayerza on the other end won't be able to compensate for the pressure that front row will be receiving. Hopefully they do well, sometimes suspicions in sport just dissipate like nothing ever happened...

But haven't you at least watched the Top 14 final ?? Castres were getting *IMPALED* every single time in the scrum, and Xavier Chiocci's a good loosehead but he's no Thomas Domingo.

I guess because they're retarded, and decent Tightheads are a super mega ultra rarity, and they have a limited budget, so really they're not retarded and keep the latter two reasons. Look, even Toulouse have hung on to their Census Johnston, and he's been utter shiite at scrumtime and Toulouse had the worst scrum in the league statistically last year.
I reiterate: I'm HOPING...he produces way more than he has for Castres last year. Dude, I've been watching, it's not like I'm making this shiit up for fk knows what. From what I've seen, Argentina should struggle at scrumtime because if he's the starting tighthead, even Ayerza on the other end won't be able to compensate for the pressure that front row will be receiving. Hopefully they do well, sometimes suspicions in sport just dissipate like nothing ever happened...

But haven't you at least watched the Top 14 final ?? Castres were getting *IMPALED* every single time in the scrum, and Xavier Chiocci's a good loosehead but he's no Thomas Domingo.

I saw the last Top 14 final, of course! Do you remember my comments in the thread? Today I saw: "Bayonne vs Toulon" ;) He had a decent performance for a rookie player. OMG! He was only a couple of games with the team, and he got a spot in the starting lineup and played the Top 14 final in his first season against the mighty Toulon.

You're too demanding with a player who recently is playing at the highest level in the rugby world. Of course he's going to have trouble against the mighty Springboks tomorrow, we're talking about one of the strongest front row in the world but the kid has potential.

Bad news

Juan Martin Hernandez is ruled out, he was injured in the last hours, Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias enters his replacement and Jeronimo de la Fuente to the bench. Gonzalez Iglesias has played very few minutes in the team and has very little experience at this level. He will be a free highway for the Boks.

God help us !!!!!

Boks by 40

:(:(:(

Last edited:
thank god i didn't add him into my team i was about too. btw conrad how's your new child ?

thank god i didn't add him into my team i was about too. btw conrad how's your new child ?

He's a fly-half become to a centre. He has played very few minutes in the team and has very little experience at this level. He will be a free highway for the Boks :eek:

God have mercy on us!!!

fuuuuuuuuuucck me...seriously ?? Very sorry for ARG fans, that sucks badly...just when you're expecting them to be a bit more competitive every year, something pulls them back even further.

He's a fly-half become to a centre. He has played very few minutes in the team and has very little experience at this level. He will be a free highway for the Boks :eek:

God have mercy on us!!!

In the same way he was a "free highway" in June?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the same way he was a "free highway" in June?

He's starting his first game abroad in the Rugby Championship against the boks in SA. The pressure is totally different. I hope he could be a surprise like Pablo Matera, but he would have a lot of nerves. There is much concern in Argentina

Conrad, has anyone ever told you what a miserable **** you are?

Stadium's a bit empty

Edit:
Puma's new gameplan: Drop the ball at every opportunity.

Last edited:
Big scrum there from Argentina. May need to capitalise on that where they can in this game.

That's two consecutive kicks from Pollard that have put the Boks under pressure.
Jan and Beast continuing their performance in the scrums...

Jesus, Pollard again!

Latest posts