• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] South Africa v Argentina in Pretoria (16/08/2014)

Really disappointing. I thought the tacticswere a bit off but thatwwouldn'teevenccover the start ofiit and to be honest there was a lot ofppressure coming from Argentina and we just couldn't get going. Too much to mention really so I am not going to post anything right now.

Typical TRC Pumas, when EVERYONE is writing them off, they pull a good match. On the other hand, when people start saying "well, they can win this one, right?", they get torn apart :lol:

Nevertheless, I'm not satisfied, it's always the same. Yeah, good attitude, etc I know. But... the ball slipping from Galarza's hands just in front of the ingoal... That kind of thing are some serious psychological issues people, it's like they are afraid of success sometimes...

Galarza is a Third Tier player, it's logical to him drop the ball with rain against Boks in SA. He isn't John Eales

I know that, but YOU ONLY HAD TO PICK IT UP FOR ****'S SAKE, PICK THE FOCKING BALL.

ehem, sorry.

picking up a ball may seem elementary and overly simple, but yet is a skill, that requires years of acquiring and refining. Centuries, even. Well, let's just stick to years, to be safe.

¿Cual seria la traducción exacta a "No jugamos a nada"?

Just watched the match. If the Springboks were looking to make a statement with this match, it clearly didn't work. The conditions were utterly atrocious, but I thought that may actually make it simpler for the boks in a lot of ways. To their credit, the Pumas really took it to the boks in the forwards and actually dominate there a lot I thought. That early scrum where they pushed the might bok pack around was a sight and a half! In the end though, with them kicking it every chance they got, a try to level or win always looked like a bridge too far, particularly with all the handling errors.

Good sign for the Argies all the same though.

Jeez if I was the Pumas coach Id be telling the boys to knock the ball on at almost every opportunity in the SA half!! LOL. That scrum is something else man.

Come the WC and they are still dominating like that things could get very interesting indeed.

oh come on. Just a quick remark on the weather perhaps.

Well, sure heavy rain is always something of a leveler but there is much more too it. I don't want to come across as making excuses or taking away from what was a typically dogged performance from AArgentina.

¿Cual seria la traducción exacta a "No jugamos a nada"?

no lo se. No hablo Espanol muy bien...

Well, sure heavy rain is always something of a leveler but there is much more too it. I don't want to come across as making excuses or taking away from what was a typically dogged performance from AArgentina.

k thank you much appreciated, now maybe commentary on the Pumas uniform kits.

I was at the stadium and the rain was an immense leveller. There is so little that can be read into this game because of how badly wet it was. Nobody could kick, catch, pass or run in conditions like this. Every line-out was a lottery, and every kick was hopeful. Shocking game of rugby, but it really did neutralise both teams into a tight contest.

Heavy rain? Dude, I was in Pretoria on Saturday, and it was a Hail-Monsoon! I have never seen so much rain fall so suddenly, and that says a lot as I was in Florida when Hurricane Katrina went through there!

I think everyone is underestimating at how poor the conditions was to play rugby. the hailstorm in the beginning of the match didn't had an effect while it was still falling, as we saw with the only try from the game. but then as it turned into rain, the hail started to soften, making the field a cold, slippery, icy surface. It's almost as difficult as picking up a wet bar of soap from your shower's floor.

Handling was terrible, and I don't blame either team for kicking it away every chance they got. As the Supersport Commentators said at the start of the game, with a storm like this, all gameplan tactics go out the window and you just try to put the other team in a more pressured situation.

And not to downplay the great Argentinian scrum, but that first one was a bit meh. Directly after that scrum, Bismarck asked for new boots with longer studs as he could stand properly at scrum time. and as the match progressed it was pretty much equal at scrum time.

I'm just happy we won. The atrocious weather conditions made it a level playing field, and took basically all the benefits out of having home ground advantage. Oh and as for the empty stands. I'm partly to blame here, Me and my family were supposed to go, we had tickets, but when that freak storm came out of nowhere, we turned around as many others did, and went to a pub to watch the game where our car was also protected from the hail.

The Springboks are in the same strange place as the All Blacks.
Both teams used to be able to play wet weather rugby and use the conditions to their advantage.
Nowadays it seems that both teams have become so impossibly good at winning in clement conditions that the weather blows their plans out the window.

well... i would think rain will only be an issue for a team that runs the ball out wide... STAMPKAR, on the other hand is not dependent on weather, only 1 pass involved... from the halfback to the forward on 10... catch the ball... hold on for dear life, while 2 teammates ram him into the oppositions defense...

well... i would think rain will only be an issue for a team that runs the ball out wide... STAMPKAR, on the other hand is not dependent on weather, only 1 pass involved... from the halfback to the forward on 10... catch the ball... hold on for dear life, while 2 teammates ram him into the oppositions defense...

If you think SA, England or any of the 'traditional 10 man nations' really havn't added depth then you are a bit behind the times or just incapable of looking passed your bias. If we were out to play stampkar or safe rugby you'd not have seen Pollard or De Allende start on debut or Le Roux.

You'd do well to remember that SA lead the try scoring charts last year and was also the only side to score a try on the weekend..

If you think SA, England or any of the 'traditional 10 man nations' really havn't added depth then you are a bit behind the times or just incapable of looking passed your bias. If we were out to play stampkar or safe rugby you'd not have seen Pollard or De Allende start on debut or Le Roux.

You'd do well to remember that SA lead the try scoring charts last year and was also the only side to score a try on the weekend..

Man I'm glad I put that moron on my ignore list, it makes the thread so much more enjoyable when his posts are hidden to me.

Do what I do, and ignore him. He's just trying to get us to react to his dumb remarks.

if your chef is cooking a certain dish, he will cook the dish, regardless of the ingredients...

oh you referring to the 50 maul tries? as a result of bashing over the line...

you know what? i don't know why I always hit out at SA for playing the way the do, it would be boring if everyone played the same type of rugby, however... the point im trying to make is that you cannot blame the weather as your type of rugby is not dependent on the weather conditions... all im saying...

if your chef is cooking a certain dish, he will cook the dish, regardless of the ingredients...

oh you referring to the 50 maul tries? as a result of bashing over the line...

you know what? i don't know why I always hit out at SA for playing the way the do, it would be boring if everyone played the same type of rugby, however... the point im trying to make is that you cannot blame the weather as your type of rugby is not dependent on the weather conditions... all im saying...

You are wrong. That hail that pelted down made the field as slippery as an ice rink. You could have tried to play any kind of rugby you wanted to. In that weather, nothing would have worked. I was at the game, and the conditions were the worst I have ever seen. Like I said, it doesn't matter what you try to do, if nobody can catch, kick, run or pass, then the rugby is going to be abysmal. The weather was everything in this game. That's a fact.

You are wrong. That hail that pelted down made the field as slippery as an ice rink. You could have tried to play any kind of rugby you wanted to. In that weather, nothing would have worked. I was at the game, and the conditions were the worst I have ever seen. Like I said, it doesn't matter what you try to do, if nobody can catch, kick, run or pass, then the rugby is going to be abysmal. The weather was everything in this game. That's a fact.

Jer1cho, Jer1cho, Jer1cho.

You're sneaky one posts during the Rugby Championships always leave me excited, and then you disappear leaving me clutching my re-broken heart.

Latest posts