• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. South Africa in Brisbane (07/09/2013)

well they held up alright against the Lions just some months ago until that fatal 3rd test. Of course they're a joke compared to what they used to be, but they're still Australia and they've got some excellent players on the squad. It didn't show today, and yes they should really REALLY look at that scrum now, it's about damn time. You just can't play Rugby League in Rugby Union, so to speak. A mobile pack has its advantages but the negatives easily outweigh those...they need WEIGHT and girth, right now.
And "look at the table" ? Well yeh man, they played the best team in the world twice and then the second best, so down 3-0 isn't a shame either...
But this performance from the Wallabies was a little scary....granted.

The "mobile pack" is because they have no "weight or girth" in their squad or anywhere near it and without it they are going nowhere. Sorry they are about 7/8th team in the world and slipping.

The Lions are, and always will be, a make do and mend team without any real cohesion as they only get together about three weeks before a Test whereas their opposition have had months........in reality, no first class nation should lose to the Lions in the modern game........

Yoe, I know that's their culture, but it isn't league...
Compare their pack to how it was only 2-3 years ago.

Dissapointing for us but we'll played to the boks. The amount of times we got pinged for not releasing due to players getting isolated was frustrating and our attack was just stifled by their defence, boks just outplayed us.

i really hate seeing our backline running sideways, it's like they're playing rugby challenge

Can't stop thinking how idiotic the maker and crew of the "braai" mocking video must feel now
Have some , you deserve it

Grats my Boks, playing to your potential today

Last edited:
The "mobile pack" is because they have no "weight or girth" in their squad or anywhere near it and without it they are going nowhere. Sorry they are about 7/8th team in the world and slipping.

The Lions are, and always will be, a make do and mend team without any real cohesion as they only get together about three weeks before a Test whereas their opposition have had months........in reality, no first class nation should lose to the Lions in the modern game........

A bit of a silly statement really when they have beaten the back to back 6 Nations champions 8 times in a row, beaten England away the last meeting, whilst France finished last in the 6 Nations.

As yet, they've only lost to New Zealand and South Africa. Losing to those two sides doesn't make you 7th/8th in the world. They are still a top 4 side in my opinion, there's no way you can justify putting a side that's finished bottom of the 6 Nations or lost 8 matches in a row against them ahead of them based on these results.

A bit of a silly statement really when they have beaten the back to back 6 Nations champions 8 times in a row, beaten England away the last meeting, whilst France finished last in the 6 Nations.

As yet, they've only lost to New Zealand and South Africa. Losing to those two sides doesn't make you 7th/8th in the world. They are still a top 4 side in my opinion, there's no way you can justify putting a side that's finished bottom of the 6 Nations or lost 8 matches in a row against them ahead of them based on these results.

I believe that they are playing as if they were so lets see where they are at the end of this tournament and the autumn internationals (after they have played England, Ireland, Wales and even Italy).......I believe that that past record, a proud one with no dispute from me, will be history by then.........

well wait a second there is a bunch of combinations from the same team, e.g. this year it was basically all Wales with some England+Ireland garnish. They have one month, some national sides have less before big tournaments (*cough*) and they're hand-picked from 4 elite (or 3.5) nations, or at very least Tier 1 nations.
I vociferously disagree with you, and it's no apprehension, but no way should first class nations beat the Lions as a given, it's an earned thing each and every time. It's clearly shameful they managed to lose to some Australian domestic team, and in retrospect the Wallabies did incredibly well against the Lions this tour. They honestly should have lost all 3 tests, and by a mile in at least two.
I don't care about the chemistry thing, I fully understand the importance of chemistry, trust me, but George North, Halfpenny, Tuilagi, Adam Jones, Robshaw, are you kidding me ??

As for the Aussies being 8th world wide, it's an interesting comment...not even sure if I can fully disagree, or clearly agree with that....

Yoe, I know that's their culture, but it isn't league...
Compare their pack to how it was only 2-3 years ago.

oh hey, I'm certainly not justifying that bizarre choice. And they've had trouble in the scrum for a looooong time. I can't recall the last 90's match I've seen of the Wallabies, but just 2 days ago I was watching England Australia 2004, the one where Aus. scores a try at the last second to take it 21-19 in Twickers, and England basically stay in the game because they have forwards and Australia can't contain them. There's a penalty try, whether awarded as such or a running maul with individual awarded for it, not sure. And another similar one. Then there's a legit England try, but Australia we can say has had a HISTORY of having to make up for their crappy scrum.
And I know what you mean with your last sentence, but still, THIS is the Wallaby scrum 3 years ago:

only thing is...they had such great backs, back then, they'd actually win these kinds of matches : p (this one clearly included).

Actually I think Tony *miiiiiight* (might) just have a point. No girth ? Aussies get smashed in France, lost to even Scotland AT HOME, get annihilated at home by NZ then lose there...it's a little exaggerated to say 7th/8th, but beating Wales so many times in a row is perfectly irrelevant to the current plot, we're talking Wallabies the past 2 years max.
But it's true they've shown signs of progressively weakening...since about the RWC or rather right past that. Uncharacteristic losses, and they BARELY got Wales the last 2 times at home. BARELY got past Italy and then Wales in November 2012.

And now they're taking, excuse me, poundings at home against NZ and SA which isn't a shame by any means to anyone. But this is the WALLABIES we're talking about here, and they're clearly, clearly well behind both at this point. They're no longer part of the "Big 3" now.

I don't know how it's possible to have such a mediocre team when it's a wide country with lots and lots of young citizens around the country playing Rugby, maybe they play all those variations (sevens, league, Aussie football or wtvr it's called) too much these days ? Has union lost its predominance in the country ?...anyways.
But with a pro league like Super Rugby, consistently playing greats from SA and NZ...isn't this a little unacceptable they got to this point ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see this great new attacking brand of rugby coming from the Wallabies now that McKenzie is in charge. How many tries have they scored now? 3?

We won at Suncorp, with a bonus point and Willie le Roux scored.

My day has been completely made :D

Anyone know who MOTM was?

Good to see this great new attacking brand of rugby coming from the Wallabies now that McKenzie is in charge. How many tries have they scored now? 3?

HEYYY !!!!!.....
well.....actually that's exactly accurate.
But they played NZ twice, so 3 isn't a bad total.
Not scoring at home against the Boks is pretty bad though, but the Boks were just simply the better team today, nothing needs to be analyzed too deeply. Just a bad day for the Wallabies, a pretty good one for the Boks...

Actually I think Tony *miiiiiight* (might) just have a point. No girth ? Aussies get smashed in France, lost to even Scotland AT HOME, get annihilated at home by NZ then lose there...it's a little exaggerated to say 7th/8th, but beating Wales so many times in a row is perfectly irrelevant to the current plot, we're talking Wallabies the past 2 years max.
But it's true they've shown signs of progressively weakening...since about the RWC or rather right past that. Uncharacteristic losses, and they BARELY got Wales the last 2 times at home. BARELY got past Italy and then Wales in November 2012.

And now they're taking, excuse me, poundings at home against NZ and SA which isn't a shame by any means to anyone. But this is the WALLABIES we're talking about here, and they're clearly, clearly well behind both at this point. They're no longer part of the "Big 3" now.

I don't know how it's possible to have such a mediocre team when it's a wide country with lots and lots of young citizens around the country playing Rugby, maybe they play all those variations (sevens, league, Aussie football or wtvr it's called) too much these days ? Has union lost its predominance in the country ?...anyways.
But with a pro league like Super Rugby, consistently playing greats from SA and NZ...isn't this a little unacceptable they got to this point ?

He has little point. He didn't say they are pretty weak at the moment. He said they are 7/8th in the world, which is clearly wrong, they should have won the Lions series if Kurtley Beale hadn't choked.

No way is the winning streak over Wales "irrelevant", 6 of those 8 have been in the past 2 years, 4 of them last year, and they did it with a load of injuries last season. The Scotland match was an anomaly with the conditions and weakened team as well.

You could list actual losses to Italy and Wales for the teams that Tony Manx is claiming to be ahead as well, so that isn't much argument for them being 7th or 8th either.

They might be slipping down soon, but not yet at the current moment.

He has little point. He didn't say they are pretty weak at the moment. He said they are 7/8th in the world, which is clearly wrong, they should have won the Lions series if Kurtley Beale hadn't choked.

No way is the winning streak over Wales "irrelevant", 6 of those 8 have been in the past 2 years, 4 of them last year, and they did it with a load of injuries last season. The Scotland match was an anomaly with the conditions and weakened team as well.

You could list actual losses to Italy and Wales for the teams that Tony Manx is claiming to be ahead as well, so that isn't much argument for them being 7th or 8th either.

They might be slipping down soon, but not yet at the current moment.

well they played beyond their ability during that Lions' series, it doesn't make them intrinsically that good. Obviously they're not a great team right now, whether Beale makes the kick and the Wallabies win the series or not.
And RIGHT NOW, I'd bet France would give another thrashing to Australia if they came over, I have Wales as a better team than Australia as well as England.
I'm going to start a thread about this just to get some opinions, just out of curiosity...meet me there if you want.

well they played beyond their ability during that Lions' series, it doesn't make them intrinsically that good. Obviously they're not a great team right now, whether Beale makes the kick and the Wallabies win the series or not.
And RIGHT NOW, I'd bet France would give another thrashing to Australia if they came over, I have Wales as a better team than Australia as well as England.
I'm going to start a thread about this just to get some opinions, just out of curiosity...meet me there if you want.

France couldn't thrash on egg RIGHT NOW.

TBF the wallabies are missing some forward players in TPN, Palu, Horwill, Pocock and Higginbotham. These players aren't pushing for world XV selection (bar an on-form Pocock) but add something the wallabies missed today. SA has the depth more or less to cope with losing some players particularly forwards while Aussie simply don't have that depth and it seems the extended SR season with their insistance on the conference format to make up for the lack of a domestic league is catching up to them in that they seem to not cope as well with the resulting injuries as NZ and SA are/might.

Boooom!!!

I'm so happy right now! That was a demolition!

Glad to see that the Traditional way of Springbok Rugby is still very much alive and still a major force to be reckoned with! What a performance.

Our collective forwards performance was just amazing! How many balls did we won at ruck time??

And yoe, did you see that scrum?? Did you see how the Aussies got their asses whipped during scrumtime?

Next week the 2 real and only contenders will battle it out.

So... Jannie must be looking forward to Monday then...

Last edited by a moderator:
wallabies are in trouble! backs are so predictable in attack and forwards just were out muscled and bullied around tonight

Latest posts