• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Under 20 Championship

that tackle being the same punishment as receiving a head to the shoulder is just wild to me. They aren't in the same category in wrongness imo.

edit: lol it wasn't even a yellow. Shoulder charge two seconds after the pass is just pk only.

Great tournament,

Think there's a number of players in this side that look like they'll make a proper step up to senior rugby

Last edited:
They're going to rip us a new one
I got that wrong then.
I expected us to dominate up front, but not to that extent. Also the most controlled game I've seen from us this fournie - it was almost like had real half-backs out there.

Equally, the most panicked I've seen France these few weeks, forced by ourselves, of course, but I didn't expect their backs play to fall down quite so spectacularly.

Very well played England, deserved winners from what I watched

Some to look to tye near future to.
Shame most are in back row as competition is strong there.
As said somewhere we need to get Kopku boys on our side.
Lad from Sale looks class ,plus young Saints hooker.
Always a struggled in backs for me Bracken great going one way a bit meh the other ,but he's young.
Oh for a glorious 12th lol.

Applying French logic, this now makes England nailed on to win a WC 😂😂
If only under 20s success transferred to senior sides so easily.

3 big results today, Georgia beating Italy again, Spain beating Fiji and the Spain mens team beating Tonga - when will we get a European Championship

OK, so who do you have in this European Championship? Obviously you have the 6 Nations teams, Georgia and then probably Portugal and Spain. I don't think anyone else is even close to being competitive enough to consider. Nice idea in principle but I suspect it would be a waste of time in practice.

Maybe a better idea would be the 6N A sides vs. the emerging nations' senior teams. Better for both in the short to medium term IMO.

Pleasing how good the front row is just hope they aren't rushed into the senior squad too quickly as tempting as it might be, it's fascinating that the real stand out players in that squad mostly play where the senior team are struggling (front row and 12) is this coincidence or has someone tried to address Englands short falls.

OK, so who do you have in this European Championship? Obviously you have the 6 Nations teams, Georgia and then probably Portugal and Spain. I don't think anyone else is even close to being competitive enough to consider. Nice idea in principle but I suspect it would be a waste of time in practice.

Maybe a better idea would be the 6N A sides vs. the emerging nations' senior teams. Better for both in the short to medium term IMO.
It might need some calendar changes, but howabout a quadrennial event like a mini world cup played in Autumn.
10 teams, 6 plus 4 qualifiers.
This would give every team 2 home matches, then semis and play offs in a single country.
If played in post RWC year, then lots of 6N teams would be starting transition, so good event

Problem with A teams is the lack of coverage required to make it a financial success.

Latest posts