• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welsh squad for the AI's.

Too many bloody options at 6. I think we need to go for a hard grafter at 6, so someone like Lydiate or Turnbull who will turn up everywhere and work their socks off. Warberton does alot of hard graft too, so he could fature at 6, but I think Lydiate, McCusker and Turnbull are better options there. Long shot, but what about Warberton at 8? He was awesome there at U20 level a few years back, has the kinda pace that could cause damage off the back of a scrum etc.

Jonathan Davies has looked good so far, but I'd start Bishop and Hook together first, due to their paring at the Osprey's.
Apart from that, Dunc has called my 22.

Wouldn't try Sam at 8, not really the size.
JT is valuable on the bench to cover SR, Flanker and 8.

As a side question, will it be 22 in international rugby still, with all the clubs playing 23?

From what I gather its still a 22 man game at international level, personally I think they should go 23 but then there are others who disagree.

Keep 22, only because if they switch to 23, then they will want rolling subs next, and rugby gets another step closer the the disgusting 'sport' of American football.

I don't understand why people are against 23 players?
Unless they like uncontested scrums that much?

Jonathan Davies has looked good so far, but I'd start Bishop and Hook together first, due to their paring at the Osprey's.
Apart from that, Dunc has called my 22.

Wouldn't try Sam at 8, not really the size.
JT is valuable on the bench to cover SR, Flanker and 8.

As a side question, will it be 22 in international rugby still, with all the clubs playing 23?

By ALL the clubs playing 23, you mean all of the clubs in Europe I guess ;)

... the rest of us use 22 you know :p

Tbf i was only going for them, so I'll just wait for the reschedule:

Either way: Back on topic :p
Where will Powell fit in if all backrowers are fit? (if at all)
Ryan Jones (presuming he's kept as captain) will be at 8.
Obviously moving to Wasps will harm his chances a bit (but playing under Edwards so probably the best non-Welsh club to move to for his international prospects) but with Lydiate back now, and on good form...
Maybe a bench? Or with Warburton is that maybe not going to happen either? Also JT making things difficult for Powell

Last edited:

Latest posts