Wallabies squad for The Rugby Championship

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRC.png

Australia.png

40 players, 10 uncapped, Quade returns, apparently
http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2013/rugby/story/191973.html

Squad: Ben Alexander, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Peter Betham, Quade Cooper, Nick Cummins, Dave Dennis, Kane Douglas, Anthony Faingaa, Saia Faingaa, Scott Fardy, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Liam Gill, Mike Harris, Michael Hooper, James Horwill, Sekope Kepu, Peter Kimlin, Tevita Kuridrani, Christian Leali'ifano, Ben McCalman, Hugh McMeniman, Jesse Mogg, Stephen Moore, Ben Mowen, James O'Connor, Nick Phipps, Tatafu Polota Nau, Hugh Pyle, Benn Robinson, Paddy Ryan, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, Scott Sio, James Slipper, Joe Tomane, Matt Toomua, Nic White.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-named-in-wallabies-squad-20130726-2qoaj.html

Last edited:
Great to see some new bloody in there Toomua, Pyle and White especially who have worked hard for many seasons only to be ignored by Deans.

Hugh Pyle should have been there a long time ago.
Rod Davies, Kyle Godwin, and Cam Crawford were under consideration but injured.
I think O'Connor should go back to wing. He can't handle the pressure at standoff, and Leali'ifano will be at second five to kick. Folau to fullback and perhaps Mogg on the other wing.

Harris, Tomane, Feauai-Sautia, Betham, Cooper, Leali'ifano all born in NZ, Kuridrani born in Fiji. Geez if NZ had a squad with this many foreign born players there would be a riot.

Harris, Tomane, Feauai-Sautia, Betham, Cooper, Leali'ifano all born in NZ, Kuridrani born in Fiji. Geez if NZ had a squad with this many foreign born players there would be a riot.

maybe that's why the Wallabies are ****, we keep picking kiwis :p

Interesting that Harris is in the squad, considering how little he played this season...

Ewen's Wallabies will be a Reds with reinforcements??? Mmm...

Yeah but remember that Australia is the largest economy in Oceania, which is why it makes sense that they have many immigrants.

Besides Footy and Rugby League are more popular than Rugby Union there.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see the first matchday 22; these 40 man squads really don't give all that much indication of anything.

How nice it is to see Quade Cooper back in a Wallabies squad. Move James O'Connor out to the wing where he is best and plonk Quade back in his rightful position.
Much looking forward to their visit Torino visit in November :)

A back-line of Gena, Cooper, O'Connor, Lealiifano, AAC, Folau, Mogg would certainly tickle my fancy.

still no Pocock ?!...goddamnzzz....
Some good names in there.....Go Wallabies !!!

I think the Wallbies 22 will/should look something like this:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Pyle (I'd like to see it anyway not sure if he'll get in the XV tho)
5. Horwill
6. Hooper
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. JOC
12. Lelo
13. AAC
14. Folau
15. Mogg

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Kepu
19.Simmons
20. Kimlin
21. White
22. Toomua
23. Cummings

I think that is McKenzie can get these guys playing together correctly they can produce some very good rugby and should have a much better TRC compared to last year.

Glad to see others putting JoC on the wing. Folau at fullback over Mogg. The three of them should be a very capable back three.

Glad to see others putting JoC on the wing. Folau at fullback over Mogg. The three of them should be a very capable back three.

I still see JOC as a 12 but he is never played there. Once he gets constant game time there I think things will change

I still see JOC as a 12 but he is never played there. Once he gets constant game time there I think things will change

McKenzie said at the press conference that he sees JOC as an outside back or at 12, the reason he ends up on the wing for me is Lelo being the Aussie Halfpenny.

McKenzie said at the press conference that he sees JOC as an outside back or at 12, the reason he ends up on the wing for me is Lelo being the Aussie Halfpenny.

Yeap you definitely right. JOC has always produced great performances over the past few years when on the wing. Realistically any of the Aussie backline could get the ball in the 10 or 12 area and do something

Inside back isn't a place for pace these days, JOC would be better used out wide.

Latest posts