• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Fly Half Issue

Why was biggar on the field this weekend? Six nations should just right a big check to each club competition to keep players out of club games on off weeks.

Why was biggar on the field this weekend? Six nations should just right a big check to each club competition to keep players out of club games on off weeks.
If your welsh an play for the regions you will be protected. But choose to play outside wales and you are under contract like any other plYer....why would Saints care about Wales(from a prem,club or buisiness point of view). Same for Irish and Scotish.

To counter this English players MUST play in the prem (or champ) to play for England without exceptional circumstances.

I know how it was allowed to happen, it was a "why" in the philosophical sense.

biggar is the type that probably wanted to play anyway.

I was more referring to the fact that the rfu cuts a check to the premiership for access to players and to not have them with the clubs in six nations off weeks. I don't know why the entire six nations doesn't band together to pay the clubs for the off weeks.

I know how it was allowed to happen, it was a "why" in the philosophical sense.

biggar is the type that probably wanted to play anyway.

I was more referring to the fact that the rfu cuts a check to the premiership for access to players and to not have them with the clubs in six nations off weeks. I don't know why the entire six nations doesn't band together to pay the clubs for the off weeks.
Why would they? Scots dont need to play in Scotland, the french(are the minority in France,probably or not there's alot of foreigners). And italy play in pretty much 2 teams exclusivly. So given the 2 remaining clubs why would they pay? And Irish have zero in the prem. So its just Wales. Why would they band together to pay?!

1. for the betterment of the competition.

2. France chose a player in England as recently as 2018, and all other non-irish teams consistently pick players from England. I don't even understand what you're saying about France?

You would band together because it gives you better bargaining power, within that group there would be a way to make the teams who make use of the provision more often to foot a higher portion of the bill.

Yes but wouldnt be betterment of the prem. Ok france point may have been made as abit of a joke. But the non EQP that play in the prem must move to their country or accept they must play subject to their contract.

Now playing prem only outside 6N windows to ensure all players are there for all club games is a different issue.

PRL offered everyone the same deal as they have with the RFU
Presumably they thought it wasn't worth the money as they only have one or two vs England's whole squad of players in the prem

And of course remember RFU fined Saints for not selecting North as agreement with him not be picked in 6 N was not binding .
Saints have allowed Bigger to rest after world cup and at times when not required.
I guess Bigger enjoys his 600k+ in premership as well.

I wouldnt be surprised if they called up Priestland
He took a knock on the weekend - hyper extended knee (I think?) was in real pain when it happened, played on a minute or two after and was able to move around, but was subbed off at the next break in play

Latest posts