• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Just seems a really odd move, unless he's bought a house in Ireland so will be commuting....across half the country - surely France and Japan will have offered more money?
Would've thought they'd be better off finding an uncapped Saffer lock and having them in as a project player?

Unless he's got a taste for winning the URC (in which case why go to Leinster?)

Just seems a really odd move, unless he's bought a house in Ireland so will be commuting....across half the country - surely France and Japan will have offered more money?
Would've thought they'd be better off finding an uncapped Saffer lock and having them in as a project player?

Unless he's got a taste for winning the URC (in which case why go to Leinster?)
I reckon Neinaber has played a heavy role and promised limited game time to make the next World Cup. He'll be 32 so should really be in his prime but with his injury profile he needs to be careful.

If they help you win europe again you will!
Too busy supporting England in honour of Lancaster, Farrell and Catt.

We only need him for about four games at the end of a season too. The perfect match really.

Munster fans when Snyman plays for Leinster but Leinster fans don't start worshipping the Springboks:

View attachment 18564
I think strangely enough Munster fans won't be too upset if he ends up in Leinster.

He is a top player and will benefit them and ultimately we made him redundant so it not like he abandoned us.

On the move itself if it happens then I think that is Ryan Baird moved to being a 6 exclusively and also Leinster's budget will be seriously hit adding in he will be missing up to October with South Africa and plays through Summer.

No doubt though he will improve Leinster and have a winning mentality. But a risk as I suppose is he worth €450k a year especially if injuries keep coming.
It will effectively come down to being an Ireland or Leinster thing. Ireland wanting McCarthy to be a starting player and Leinster wanting Synman to be the starter.

Personally can't see it either. Mumbling were Japan or South Africa.

And lastly Leinster used to slate Munster for signing South Africans. Yet now they just want our recycled South Africans. And will eventually play the kick chase style. After all the "we would never go down that route"

I think strangely enough Munster fans won't be too upset if he ends up in Leinster.

He is a top player and will benefit them and ultimately we made him redundant so it not like he abandoned us.

On the move itself if it happens then I think that is Ryan Baird moved to being a 6 exclusively and also Leinster's budget will be seriously hit adding in he will be missing up to October with South Africa and plays through Summer.

No doubt though he will improve Leinster and have a winning mentality. But a risk as I suppose is he worth €450k a year especially if injuries keep coming.
It will effectively come down to being an Ireland or Leinster thing. Ireland wanting McCarthy to be a starting player and Leinster wanting Synman to be the starter.

Personally can't see it either. Mumbling were Japan or South Africa.

And lastly Leinster used to slate Munster for signing South Africans. Yet now they just want our recycled South Africans. And will eventually play the kick chase style. After all the "we would never go down that route"
If Thornley is reporting it I'd say the ink is dry.

Baird is a 6 at this stage in his career, presume he'll start shifting to lock in the next World Cup cycle so it makes sense to have three elite locks.

The reaction online is pretty salty but as you point out it shouldn't be. Both provinces playing by the rules and RG doing what's best for him and his.

Realistically we only really need RG to be fit from February / March until the end of the season and he'll want to be fit for autumn also. Treat him like any international and hope he's luckier with us than he was with you.

We'll see if signing Saffas gets you the real trophy and report back ;)

If Thornley is reporting it I'd say the ink is dry.

Baird is a 6 at this stage in his career, presume he'll start shifting to lock in the next World Cup cycle so it makes sense to have three elite locks.

The reaction online is pretty salty but as you point out it shouldn't be. Both provinces playing by the rules and RG doing what's best for him and his.

Realistically we only really need RG to be fit from February / March until the end of the season and he'll want to be fit for autumn also. Treat him like any international and hope he's luckier with us than he was with you.

We'll see if signing Saffas gets you the real trophy and report back ;)
Oh I think he will be a serious asset if fit.

Rumours that Jasper Wiese is going to Japan, not France

Japan is just becoming a league whose sole purpose to keep Springbok players ticking over in between world cups

Rumours that Jasper Wiese is going to Japan, not France

Japan is just becoming a league whose sole purpose to keep Springbok players ticking over in between world cups

That's scary it's like the perfect competition to keep seasoned internationals in

Pays well and prob extends their career a couple more years, honestly I wouldn't be upset to allow England players sabbaticals in Japan like let three max a season

Sounds like Ben Youngs is signing on for one more season before retirement.
I know he isn't liked by English fans but 19 years at one club is pretty crazy in this day and age.
Ben Youngs for Leicester is a different beast to the Ben Youngs for England. Plus he's a nice guy (or comes over that way) so it's not a case of not liking him as such.

Pleased for him, hope he goes well. Certainly looks pretty fresh still so I'm surprised he's thinking of retiring.

As for rumours at Bristol I've not heard anything solid for a while, which is somewhat unusual. That in itself is probably significant, would speculate that a lot of talks are happening right now and a lot is up in the air.

I could see there being minimal transfers next season - a lot of players will have been putting off new contracts to renew when the salary cap goes up
I know that's the case at Sale, guys like Rodd, Warr, Roebuck etc. have had their stocks improve drastically since signing their first senior deal
I think the Currys are out of contract too

Ben Youngs for Leicester is a different beast to the Ben Youngs for England. Plus he's a nice guy (or comes over that way) so it's not a case of not liking him as such.

Pleased for him, hope he goes well. Certainly looks pretty fresh still so I'm surprised he's thinking of retiring.

As for rumours at Bristol I've not heard anything solid for a while, which is somewhat unusual. That in itself is probably significant, would speculate that a lot of talks are happening right now and a lot is up in the air.

Rumours Bristol and Tigers after the same welsh players in Wainwright and Leon Brown

Rumours Bristol and Tigers after the same welsh players in Wainwright and Leon Brown
Yeah, that's been all over the rumour news websites but nothing from from down this way... If you follow.

I could see there being minimal transfers next season
Agreed, but some clubs could see a lot. Plus the stupid squad size cap on the horizon could well be having an effect. Interesting times and much of it isn't good.

Yeah, that's been all over the rumour news websites but nothing from from down this way... If you follow.

Agreed, but some clubs could see a lot. Plus the stupid squad size cap on the horizon could well be having an effect. Interesting times and much of it isn't good.

TBH Brown might be a good fit, Wainwright unless Bradbury is off doesn't make too much sense.

Wainwright for Wiese is a downgrade for Tigers, but honestly unless we had a marquee spot not gonna find a upgrade on Wiese

I could see there being minimal transfers next season - a lot of players will have been putting off new contracts to renew when the salary cap goes up
I know that's the case at Sale, guys like Rodd, Warr, Roebuck etc. have had their stocks improve drastically since signing their first senior deal
I think the Currys are out of contract too
On top you have central contracts coming and we have no idea how that will affect things.

Could be one totally fabricated in Dublin but I've heard Peter O'Mahoney > La Rochelle doing the rounds.

Giving a 35 year old a retirement contract would be very Toulon of them so I reckon there's some possibility.

Could be one totally fabricated in Dublin but I've heard Peter O'Mahoney > La Rochelle doing the rounds.

Giving a 35 year old a retirement contract would be very Toulon of them so I reckon there's some possibility.
This is about 2 months old. And still ongoing. Issue is with IRFU and POM wanting central contract. This is whats holding up captaincy announcement also

Latest posts