• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 5 Games of All Time

I forgot about MOHAA, it was legendary as well before CoD1 and CoD:UO. Well here in SA anyway.

Micro Machines... is that the game where you drive around in a kitchen etc? with the small cars? You could play two-player?
I had that on my Playstation 1. I was very young so I got angry and threw the disk at the wall. Good list though

I almost broke my screen once playing leisure suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, that damn quarters mini-game irritated and frustrated me so much I hit it. Thank goodness it was a CRT.

Good times.

1.Red Dead Redemption- I put so much time into this game and loved every minuet of it. The storyline was unbelievable (SPOILERS) when John died I'm pretty sure i cried a little. The multiplayer was the best I've seen outside a FPS Brilliant concept.
2. Mass Effect- I'll group them all together because they were all really one game, but the advancement between 1 and 2 was massive. Probably the best RPG I've ever played the charters were all great. Ok the ending was a bit of a let down and unclear but I don't think they need to make new content for it.
3. Assassins Creed 2- bloody brillant is all I have to say really.
4. Skyrim- Pretty spectacular a perfect open world which allowed you to make all the choices you wanted.
5. Fallout 3- Similar to skyrim what gets it on the list is the setting and humor.

Spoiler! For Red Dead Redemption when John had died i really want to have one more level with Jack just to get some revenge i was pretty upset as well.

There is one more mission you have to go to the train station in blackwater.

Its a bit stumble-upon for the revenge mission.

Undead nightmare sucked.

Wow, this is so difficult, since I'm a huge gamer and I have so many choices...here are a few that pop out at me....in no particular order.

1) TIE Fighter, specifically the Collectors CD-Rom edition, no surprise that PC gamer has always ranked this in it's top 5 PC games ever. Enthralling story line, great mission design and abosolutely white knuckle space sim action. It's horribly dated now and hard to fire up on DOs Box but when I play I still get drawn in because it's that damn good.

2) Civilization series, just one more turn!!!! Addictive, grand scope, balance between micromanagement and grand strategy is well done.

3) Mass Effect series, (with the possible excpetion of a bizzarre final 5 minutes.) Really felt like I was part of the universe that I was playing in, tough choices to make and great cinematics, some spell binding soundtracks as well.

4) Elder scrolls series, for pretty much the reasons all previous posters have stated.

5) Crysis, such a deep shooter, great graphics, tons of options on how to play. Last few levels weren't as good as the rest of the game. The 2nd one was good but the first one was so amazing it only looks average in comparison.

* I could write this list tommorow and probably have different choices...it's very hard to choose just a few games.

My Top 5:

1. Command & Conquer series (special mention to Generals)

2. Assassins Creed series

3. Fifa (mostly 09 and 12)

4. Red dead Redemption

5. Civilization (especially CivIII)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had that on my Playstation 1. I was very young so I got angry and threw the disk at the wall. Good list though

No you didn't, MOH:AA was pc only and the first of the team-bases online shooters.

you're thinking of MOH:frontline on PS2, which sucked.

Micro machines was a MegabDrive game. The PSX version should be killed with fire and never spoken of again.

Last edited:
Hmmm this is TOUGH. Bear in mind I'm an old coont (38 in November) and have owned every console, PC etc with lots of games - Started off on a Commodore Vic20, 31 years ago and been addicted ever since to the gaming evolution.

A top 5 is fecking tough (ideally I'd like to give a top 200 :p)

I agree with loads of people's list here n' there but I'm more thinking of being wowed 'At The time'.

1. Elite (BBC Micro and Acorn Electron/much later many other formats) - absolutely immense and HUGE. For people that remember and loved this there is a remake of it, totally free with **** loads of amazing add ons that you could only have wished for called OOlite ( Google it if you liked this game, you will be struck down! )

2. I'll edit this cos this is a damn tough thread (only 5!!!)

My top favorite games are :-
Sim City
GTA
Halo 3
Crysis Series
COD

1. Civ 2
2. Doom
3. Duke Nukem
4. A Fairy Tale (Amiga 500 game)
5. CM 97/98

Gonna cheat like others and put series together:

1. Dungeon Keepers (1 + 2): Wish Bullfrog still existed...
2. Medal of Honor Allied Assault (+ Spearhead)
3. Call of Duty (1 + 2): rest had nothing on the originals imo, don't get maps like Dawnville and Carentan anymore
4. Guild Wars: cannot wait to play the second
5. Total War (Medieval and Rome)

Also:
Red Alert (1 and 2)
Counter Strike Source
Theme Hospital
Final Fantasy X
N64 Mario games: Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Mario Party, Super Mario 64
Age of Empires 2/Age of Mythology
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins

Pong
Space Invaders
PacMan (love the reason it was called 'pacman' instead of 'pucman(the original name)' due to the ease of abuse of the first letter on arcade machines)
Zork
Doom
Elite

(Ok, showing my age, but each were influential and set the bar for everything that's come afterwards)

Just noticed I posted 6, but they're all in my top 5 :p

Pong
Space Invaders
PacMan (love the reason it was called 'pacman' instead of 'pucman(the original name)' due to the ease of abuse of the first letter on arcade machines)
Zork
Doom
Elite

(Ok, showing my age, but each were influential and set the bar for everything that's come afterwards)

Just noticed I posted 6, but they're all in my top 5 :p
Hey, I was recently on an online course studying Python, and I created a couple of retro games. Thought you might like to play them. :p (These links are working as of today, but I'm expecting them to die at some point...)

If so, load the link up and just press the play button top-left:

Asteroids: http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user16_fjgeXDTRRF_6.py
(Controls = arrow keys to move around, space to shoot)

Pong (2-player): http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user13_iVg9D3xCta_2.py
(Controls = w/s for player 1, up/down arrows for player 2)

They're a bit basic, 'cause it was my first foray into programming, but I'm quite proud of finishing them anyway. :p

Also, I loved Doom when I was a kid (I must have been 8 or so). I made my Dad play it then hid behind him the whole time.

Hmmm this is TOUGH. Bear in mind I'm an old coont (38 in November) and have owned every console, PC etc with lots of games - Started off on a Commodore Vic20, 31 years ago and been addicted ever since to the gaming evolution.

A top 5 is fecking tough (ideally I'd like to give a top 200 :p)

I agree with loads of people's list here n' there but I'm more thinking of being wowed 'At The time'.

1. Elite (BBC Micro and Acorn Electron/much later many other formats) - absolutely immense and HUGE. For people that remember and loved this there is a remake of it, totally free with **** loads of amazing add ons that you could only have wished for called OOlite ( Google it if you liked this game, you will be struck down! )

2. I'll edit this cos this is a damn tough thread (only 5!!!)

Didn't notice someone else had already mentioned Elite. I didn't put my games in any particular order, but Elite would be top of the home computer games (BBC model B for me)

I'll have a look at those links tomorrow J'nuh. Only just remembered where I commented on these games (was a bit inebriated when I posted, and as it's gone midnight after a Lions series win, I'm in pretty much the same state now ;) )

Also, cant believe I forgot Asteroids! I had the home game thingy for that!

Edit again - anyone else remember 'Repton'?

Edit again again - And Frogger!

Last edited:
Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology
Stronghold Crusader
Fallout New Vegas
Halo 1
GTA Vice City
Being born in 1996, I don't have such a huge experience on the history of games. Still, I'm probably right.

Last edited:
Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology
Stronghold Crusader
Fallout New Vegas
Halo 1
GTA Vice City
Being born in 1996, I don't have such a huge experience on the history of games. Still, I'm probably right.

I played this again recently...and as someone who remembers the 80's and remembers when the game first came out the nostalgia was overwhelming....I was almost in tears at one point...and the game is soooooo good. I did alll the GTA's again and Vice City is still my favourite.

Like your other selections all great ***les and ones I enjoyed.

Latest posts