• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Review Thread of RWC 2011

do you think the review score is fair ?

• yes

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters
Jeez ... give it a rest. We get that you don't like the game, so why do you carry on posting?

To hopefully stop that poor bugger who has to make a choice of one instead of both to make the right decision.

Its challenge or bust for the community.

plus I am commenting on the review.... Its spot on. You'll see when you get the game.

Hardly - I'm going to own both, and I imagine many others will too

Tbf olly he did say for people that have to buy one or the other

To hopefully stop that poor bugger who has to make a choice of one instead of both to make the right decision.

I for one cant afford to buy two full price games at the moment. I have to choose one. For me that choice is extreamly simple as club rugby means so much more to me then international.
But its a valid point that people who are unsure which to get, and can only get 1, should have access read comments from forum members that have played and disliked the game aswell as those that liked it. so they can make the correct choice for them.

It is also vital to HB studios that they find out why people wont buy their game and what those people think is wrong with their game in order to improve the game and make it more appealing. If non-likers shouldnt be posting then HB would have to work alot harder to make things more appealing to the non-purchasers.

Its challenge or bust for the community.

plus I am commenting on the review.... Its spot on. You'll see when you get the game.

Mate, I'm buying both, best of both Worlds and frankly I don't agree with the review. I find it hard to believe that all of it is spot on considering he did not mention any of the new gameplay additions, even if the licencing is disappointing.
Seriously we've got the bloody point that you don't like the game, so why keep posting about it?

Mate, I'm buying both, best of both Worlds and frankly I don't agree with the review. I find it hard to believe that all of it is spot on considering he did not mention any of the new gameplay additions, even if the licencing is disappointing.
Seriously we've got the bloody point that you don't like the game, so why keep posting about it?

It's becoming close to spam advertising, so he only needs keep on a little longer. Everyone has a right to their view, but after repeatedly going on and on and on running down one product whilst promoting another, it crosses the line eventually of being a view put forward and into the territory of advertising. He's said as much in other posts, that he's wilfully trying his best to steer people away from one product and towards another.

The so-called "biased" staff here are not doing anywhere near the shameless promotion of this individual. None of us are exactly raving on and on about RWC. Many of us are speaking about both games (sometimes with particular attention and interest towards Rugby Challenge). We're all pretty interested and excited about both.

I personally think reiterating your point 5, maybe even 10 times is fair enough, but he's re-bringing up his same points at some times when no-one is even questioning or debating him.

First step may be to lock the thread if it's just going to be an ongoing crusade. It can't seriously be called anything else.

I take it that you don't like RWC Joydivision. Or maybe at least prefer RC to RWC.

Know exactly what you mean! There a fair few who seem to think that they're basically unofficial sales reps for Sidhe... except they'd never get employed because Sidhe would never allow badmouthing another game to promote their one

Another review.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-pCzSaG4eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have watched some gameplay on Youtube, game looks fun and I can sidestep licenses.The gameplay is what it's all about and I did not see anything wrong, I will be online on Friday. It's been a long wait to play a rugby game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another review.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-pCzSaG4eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Interesting what he says about the qualifying, would've been awesome if you could have a qualifying campaign like Fifa World Cup South Africa 2010 had, dunno if it could be done as easily for Rugby though. The Football World Cup has a set group format for qualifying, while the Rugby one uses the tournaments already in place - European Nations Cup, Asian 5 Nations, CONSUR competitions so on so forth. Would've been awesome to eventually have them all in a game

I love how there are still people defending and attacking this game trying to force their opinion upon others. It's an opinion, a review does not mean that that is completely true. I personally like the game, despite the fact that it is Rugby 08 with better graphics and less game modes. Yes I expected much more, and yes I am dissapointed, but I still like it.

It's becoming close to spam advertising, so he only needs keep on a little longer. Everyone has a right to their view, but after repeatedly going on and on and on running down one product whilst promoting another, it crosses the line eventually of being a view put forward and into the territory of advertising. He's said as much in other posts, that he's wilfully trying his best to steer people away from one product and towards another.

The so-called "biased" staff here are not doing anywhere near the shameless promotion of this individual. None of us are exactly raving on and on about RWC. Many of us are speaking about both games (sometimes with particular attention and interest towards Rugby Challenge). We're all pretty interested and excited about both.

I personally think reiterating your point 5, maybe even 10 times is fair enough, but he's re-bringing up his same points at some times when no-one is even questioning or debating him.

First step may be to lock the thread if it's just going to be an ongoing crusade. It can't seriously be called anything else.

You guys just dont get it.

How can we accept this RWC2011 official game of the world cup to be anything but a below average xbox live arcade download worthy at best.

It is a WC game with the host missing for christ sake!!!!! Most of you have not played it yet so off course your not going to listen. **** I bought it and I knew it was going to be @@@$ but I still did, why coz I love rugby. But my love for my sport cannot even cloud the abortion that this ***le is.

I have said enough about this game you already know my opinion which I might add follows suit with just about everyone else who knows anything about video games. There is so much more faults to the gameplay that I could add but wont.

Yes i am saying that RC is our only hope for a good or hopefully better than good video game that represents Rugby Union simulation.

I thought this was a thread commenting about the RWC game? Am I to sit idle and not give my feedback??? Are you only able to post positively about something that lacks in every department?? What? post on this forum wait for the game for two years and just accept it?? I was hoping this game would be better but its not. Because I am a rugby fan I am supossed to accept another poor iteration of the sport I love? why??? Coz no one else has tried? Well someone is this time and that is where my hope lies with Sidhe.

If RC is no good then I wont be playing any rugby video games as i represent a gamer who loves rugby not someone who loves rugby and plays video games occasionally.

How can we accept this RWC2011 official game of the world cup to be anything but a below average xbox live arcade download worthy at best.
No one is asking you to - Everyone is well entitled to their opinion, it's just you've posted yours repeatedly over and over
Still as valid as the first time, perhaps, but there's not really any need

You guys just dont get it.

We do get it. Loud and clear. You dislike the game, but you are a broken record. I have not been saying you can't feel the way you do, not at all. It's just you keep rehashing the same opinion 10 times a day. You have over-made your point.

I love how there are still people defending and attacking this game trying to force their opinion upon others

Wrong, the people "defending" if that's what you'd call it, are not trying to force their opinion on anyone. The people attacking have explicitly said that they are trying to force their opinion on others, to get more sales for the game they think is best.

We do get it. Loud and clear. You dislike the game, but you are a broken record. I have not been saying you can't feel the way you do, not at all. It's just you keep rehashing the same opinion 10 times a day. You have over-made your point.

Hey dude, ur a NZ buddy yeah? go order a copy from mightyape before 2pm and you can have RC tomorrow. (your time)

Oh and sorry for the offtopicness. just thought ud want a heads up.

Hey dude, ur a NZ buddy yeah? go order a copy from mightyape before 2pm and you can have RC tomorrow. (your time)

Oh and sorry for the offtopicness. just thought ud want a heads up.

Yeah thanks mate. I'm already all over trying to get a copy. I think my local Bond and Bond store may have stock of both! I better take my full wallet! :)

Wrong, the people "defending" if that's what you'd call it, are not trying to force their opinion on anyone. The people attacking have explicitly said that they are trying to force their opinion on others, to get more sales for the game they think is best.

Wrong, correct me if I am wrong but I personally have not seen any negative feed back about the game from moderators on this forum, only positive. The problem is, it isn't all positive, infact there is a lot of negative and I've never seen it which gives the impression you are defending the game.

Yeah thanks mate. I'm already all over trying to get a copy. I think my local Bond and Bond store may have stock of both! I better take my full wallet! :)

i have just placed my order with mightyape, hopefully it turns up tomorrow that would be unreal, early bday presant :) i was keen to wait til next week.

Latest posts