• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official Gavin Henson Thread

The 10 hour drinking session maybe, but being seen with Katie Price should be a crime.

Gav would be better trying a grubber kick and see if he can keep it inside her 22 meter area!!!

So the real question is why has he not been playing for LW of late. Anymore news if its an injury or whether he's got leave to go catch some STI's from Katie Price. And to think as a teen i thought she was "fit"!!!

C'mon Gav, drop her ovals and get back on the Rugby Eggs!!!! I wanna see him back at 10/12 with Wales. Could do with a different option!

Gav doesn't look in the best shape, admittedly.

PEOPLE+ONLY+Katie+Price+and+Gavin+Henson

So the real question is why has he not been playing for LW of late. Anymore news if its an injury or whether he's got leave to go catch some STI's from Katie Price. And to think as a teen i thought she was "fit"!!!

C'mon Gav, drop her ovals and get back on the Rugby Eggs!!!! I wanna see him back at 10/12 with Wales. Could do with a different option!

I mentioned it elsewhere, has a back injury.

I wanna see him back at 10/12 with Wales. Could do with a different option!

I would love to see him on the bench therefore Gatland will have no excesses to not pick hook in the starting 15. As i am sure he is only the sub cause he covers 4 positions and it means they can have more forwards on the bench

also on the Henson subject. cracking international player with the off the pitch attitude of an amateur I.E. likes the Booze, women and ******* about. !!!!!

According to the Times, Henson is in talks with Bath and there is a 2 year contract on offer.

So possible Bath backline next season:
9. Stringer
10. Ford
11. Biggs
12. Henson
13. Joseph
14. Agulla
15. Abendanon

Add to that they would have Heathcote, Eastmond, Hipkiss (who seems to fallen off the radar at Bath) and Rokoduguni as squad depth/rotation as well. Hopefully with Joseph signed, and good wing options, there will be no need for Banahan next season, especially not as a 13.

Bath could be a great move for him. I've been thinking/saying they might be after Hook but Henson would be easier and cheaper (...and better).
I think Heathcote would be above Ford in the running for 10 but that's a bloody good set of backs there, and their pack isn't looking too shabby either.

Has Ford been confirmed to Bath? It all went quiet on that front - Henson could be signed as a straight replacement for Donald with a view to keep Eastmond as first choice 12.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Henson has apparently began talks over a two year deal. Good move for him.

Last edited:
To be fair to Henson. Even though he has had some unnecessary prolonged absences in his career, sometimes through injury and sometimes through reality TV. He has always got back to a good level remarkably quickly.

In 2011, when he was drafted into the Wales squad to play in the Summer matches before the World Cup I really felt that it was bad message for the other Welsh centres that he was fast tracked back having hardly played at all for Saracens/Toulon and been ditched by both and spent the other half of the season attempting to dance.

However since then, either with Cardiff Blues or London Welsh, when he is on the pitch he still performs, even despite not having played much due to injury/B&B disliking him/off field incidents on planes. He is a consistent performer on the pitch, problem is just getting him more than a pinchful of games per season from him.

He even made Dullonien's favourite player look quite good when playing with him for a brief stint.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8sTJj1q8Qr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Has Ford been confirmed to Bath? It all went quiet on that front - Henson could be signed as a straight replacement for Donald with a view to keep Eastmond as first choice 12.

Ford is as close to definite as can be...
I think he's primarily a backup 10, because Heathcote and to a lesser extent Ford could realistically be on international duty next season.
And even then they need a third, more experienced 10 as injury/form cover, I think this is a very good signing for Bath.
It does also give them flexibility at 12.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Bananaman though... he's played pretty well when he's not been injured.

Bath just need a good Welsh scrumhalf now. Knoyle? He certainly has 'potential'.
What I'd give to see Hook-Henson together week in-week out.
That Bath backline is pretty farking special. Add Paul James and maybe Froby in the forwards and it looks like a 'World League' team I'd made in R08.

Bath it is then.
Will he be a standoff or centre? I quite like the idea of a Henson Eastmond five eighths pairing.

Bath it is then.
Will he be a standoff or centre? I quite like the idea of a Henson Eastmond five eighths pairing.
I've been scratching my head over this one. I'm not sure whether they'll think about the short-term and pick their best players (Henson-Eastmond-Joseph) or think more about the long-term and try to develop Ford and Heathcote, moving Eastmond or Joseph out to the wing. But then there's a lot of competition in the outside backs too. It's going to be frustrating to select a team...

I hope this doesn't force Eastmond out of the centres and into fullback (where Lancaster wanted him for some strange reason).
Should go well for Bath, though not sure where!

He'll have his choice of the spots during international season though, with Ford off with the Saxons, and Eastmond and Heathcote away with England and Scotland.

I hope this doesn't force Eastmond out of the centres and into fullback (where Lancaster wanted him for some strange reason).
Should go well for Bath, though not sure where!

He'll have his choice of the spots during international season though, with Ford off with the Saxons, and Eastmond and Heathcote away with England and Scotland.
I think I'd rather Henson pushed Eastmond back out to the wing than make Ford second/third-choice fly-half. Also, I don't see Bath preferring Eastmond to Abendanon?

I'd much rather see Ford drop down the pecking order than Eastmond shifted out - however I forgot Bath signed Watson as well, so it's unlikely he'll be going to 15.

Thinking about it (/looking at Bath's wiki) they have 2 flyhalves and 3 centres, not including Gavlarr - so I imagine he'll see a decent amount of time in both areas, with squad rotation injuries and internationals. He's also pretty much the ideal player to have in the 22 shirt, if not starting.

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Probe-Bath-Rugby-night-rumpus/story-19513195-detail/story.html

Bath Rugby are today investigating an incident in the city centre in which newly-signed star Gavin Henson was punched by a colleague.

The allegation is that the 31-year-old international was hit by another player on a night out this week.

A group of players had been in the Pig and Fiddle pub, in Broad Street, on Wednesday night.

Police received a call that evening reporting "aggressive behaviour" in the pub, but while the caller was on the line the group left the premises so officers were no longer required to attend.

Eye-witnesses have said the behaviour they witnessed was "disgusting."

The Pig and Fiddle has declined to comment on the matter.

Today rugby club chief executive Nick Blofeld said: "We are speaking to all those involved to clarify the situation. When we have all the facts, we will make any appropriate statement."

Latest posts