• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Bad Neighbours - Enjoyable, disappointed with the ending if I am honest.

Can't believe ive missed the comicbookmovie talk!!! I could go on for days! (Be warned)

So far loving what im seeing from BvS, nice to see a Batman that "Looks" physically imposing! Black and grey at last!!!

Im with the half of the internet that Loved Man of Steel (TRF abuse ;) ).

Snyders vision (he certainly knows how to make a comic book movie look pretty epic), Terrio's rewrite of the script (goyer has good ideas, but his dialogue is very hammy at best) and Affleck giving directional advice hilst acting (i think it would be foolish not to accept any), im psyched.

Wasn't a fan of Man of Steel but looking very much forward to Batman vs. Superman. Should be a cracker, although I do with Bale was Batman. Did think he played the role well.

Last edited:
Hulk agree regards Bad Neighbours had funny bits but ending wasn't great.

Regards Batman and comment about bad guys making it. I think it mixture of both. Bale was exceptional as Batman but agree each bad guy castes was perfect for the role but the chemistry between cast (especially in The Dark Knight) was amazing

The main thing I wasn't sure of was zod, I just thought he was castes as well as he could have been.

And I have that concern with Eisenberg and Luthor.

Wonder if they will someday have Brainiac or Doomsday in a live action film.

Also wonder if Irons will be more of a Batman Earth one Alfred as opposed to the more traditional approach.

New shot of the batmobile:

BxN9u_AIgAIq_qp.jpg

Man of Steel is a strange one for me. I came out of the cinema loving it and since then I've watched it on DVD and looking back it's become a bit meh for me. Certainly wasn't as epic as the first ad promised.

It looks very similar to that in upcoming new game "Arkham knight".

Looks like it might have transformation type feature, could be an air/ground hybrid vehicle.

With regards to man of steel villains, there has been rumours since BvS was announced that Lex Luthor wont be the only villain. Some have mentioned Metallo, which could be possible- not too big or small. Doomsday i believe would be the "final" villain as a particular outcome would be inevitable if brought to the big screen. Darkseid is also "superman" but more likely to have a Thanos type Justice league main villain to him.

I thought Zod in man of steel served his purpose, and was well played with what he had been given. Anyone thats watched the smallville tv series i hope would agree that Zod was horrible in that!! Had very strange mouth movement and looked a little like Mr Bean!

Deadpool announced for 2016.

Here's the test footage if anyone missed it.

[video=youtube_share;CphFZGH5030]http://youtu.be/CphFZGH5030[/video]

Saw the footage when it came up a few months ago looks amazing..... Plus I have a huge man crush on Ryan Renolds.

CZCREoa.jpg

Also saw Need for Speed. Better than I thought it would be. Loving the cars, especially the Mustang.

Saw the footage when it came up a few months ago looks amazing..... Plus I have a huge man crush on Ryan Renolds.

Well then I guess you and big ginger have a lot to talk about there, not me though I'm too manly, generally, in fact I'm not sure who that is. Oh, and it's Ryan *Reynolds btw..

Just watched 'Edge of Tomorrow' with Cruise and Emily Blunt.
Groundhog day meets Transformers meets The Matrix with Emily Blunt.
Really enjoyable movie, and it's got Emily Blunt in it.
Did I mention Emily Blunt is in it?

Just watched 'Edge of Tomorrow' with Cruise and Emily Blunt.
Groundhog day meets Transformers meets The Matrix with Emily Blunt.
Really enjoyable movie, and it's got Emily Blunt in it.
Did I mention Emily Blunt is in it?

made me reevaluate what I thought of her (hot-wise) but she's really a very good actress more than a hot lady with boobs and other round female features. Yes, your description suits this steaming pile of feces quite well. It's nice once, at the cinema with those cheap threedee glasses and a bucket of popcorn and a friend who doesn't mind you cracking jokes throughout the entire movie, but I'd need solid financial compensation to watch it a second time.
Didn't you just love how they copy-pasted the Matrix' sentinel design ? I loved how they copy-pasted the Matrix' sentinel design..

Man, Edge of Tomorrow was an underrated film. So disappointed it didn't deliver at the box office.

Anyway, from current cinematic pickings, '71 and Gone Girl are excellent. There's then any number of other films (The Boxtrolls, Lucy, I Origins, Maps to the Stars, Pride) that may well also be knocking around multiplexes that are well worth seeing if you get the chance.

NFL Draft Day - Really enjoyed it. Surprised it hasn't made its way onto DVD in the UK.

Saw Gone Girl last night. I'm a massive fan of Fincher and I absolutely loved this. Somewhat unsettling at times but really good anyway.

Saw Gone Girl last night. I'm a massive fan of Fincher and I absolutely loved this. Somewhat unsettling at times but really good anyway.
I read it not too long ago. Such a miserable story. It's as if Gillian Flynn hates everyone and their **** ass relationships. I'm not sure how much the film portrayed the cynicism of like, every character in the whole story. Really looking forward to watching it though.

I read it not too long ago. Such a miserable story. It's as if Gillian Flynn hates everyone and their **** ass relationships. I'm not sure how much the film portrayed the cynicism of like, every character in the whole story. Really looking forward to watching it though.

I haven't read the book but have heard that Affleck's character has been made slightly more likeable. There is however very few truly redeemable characters.

Read the book a while ago, saw the movie earlier this month.

It's a fantastic adaptation, in my opinion. I was particularly impressed with the musical score.

Latest posts