• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I love the first two BHC movies, so keeping expectations low, but that looks better than expected tbh - glad they've got Billy and Taggart back

Don't get why they've made it though (well, obviously cause they think they can cash in on nostalgia) - 40 years since the first one!

Indiana Jones and the Dial of destiny. Just ok. Better than the Kingdom of the crystal skull (not hard) but no where near as good as the first 3. Thankfully this should be the last one.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of destiny. Just ok. Better than the Kingdom of the crystal skull (not hard) but no where near as good as the first 3. Thankfully this should be the last one.
agreed with this, much better than Skull, i actually walked out of Dial very happy, only after giving it some thought did i decide i thin they went too far

actually going back and spending time in the past....maybe just looking through and showing that they could have gone to the past would have been enough

Alright. 👏
Well if Matt Damon is true to his word then he won't be in it if Paul Greengrass is not directing it. And I think he's done with the Bourne franchise.

Last one was ok but again like Indy they should leave it alone after the first 3. After that it's clearly just a cash cow that they're milking.

Road To Perdition - starring Tom Hanks, Paul Newman and Jude Law. Great movie! 👍 And it's streaming on demand for Free on Pluto.TV

1704392431441.png

Last edited:
Chinatown - starring Jack Nicholson, Fay Dunaway and a creepy John Huston. It's an Oscar winning classic and is streaming on demand for Free on Pluto.TV

1704523448865.png

Last edited:
I just finished streaming this one on Peacock and I highly recommend it. 👏

1704611751692.png

Watched the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie last week with the kids and my teenage nieces. Really, really good. Animation style is stunning, and I loved the retro hip-hop music choices too. Highly recommended.

I thought Oppenheimer was good but that the last hour dragged for me.
I enjoyed Oppenheimer a lot, Globes are usually nonsense though.

Now having seen it I find it amazing Saltburn wasn't more heavilly nominated.

How did "I'm just Ken" not win best original song? Like Barbie had great songs but they didn't pick the one that actually made the charts?

TV categories more reasonable although Debecki<Waddingham by a long way. Although I note neither Ted Lasso was really nominated or The Last of Us.

I was watch Across The Spider-Verse 4 times last year but I know animated movies rarely get any love at these things. And feels people may have lazially voted for Miyazaki although I do want to see The Boy and the Heron.

Latest posts