• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glitch / Problem Thread

mine randomly froze twice today.

once after a scrum, turned it back on....then froze when Bradley Davies went off injured when i was making a sub!

WTF...there is so much **** wrong with this game. Can't wait for RC

I was playing online against someone earlier and both of our games froze at the same time.

Opponents knock on.....they get put in to scrum.
Defensive touch down in goal area....5 mtr scrum.
Game froze (but I was getting beat and gladly switched off gane).
Kicks from within 22 metre area to touch...throw in from where ball kicked from.

Advantage continues even when after the ball has been kicked or travelled the 10+yards needed, should end as soo as kicked.

I'm being called for offside when the oposition is kicking to me. did not think that was even possible.

playing with Wales, world cup semi-final. i have a last minute penalty against new zealand to secure the game as it is already 17-14 to me. . kick at goal and game freezes

Have had the game freeze a good few times online when a penalty is awarded and the game has to be quit. The little ruck tactics/ defense tactics menu wouldn't come up also online. The switch player control has stopped working on occasion(moreso online).
The kick-off arrow can be a bit stuttery online too.

The advantage rule for knock ons are a bit ridiculous, if the ball doesn't go into touch from their kicks even if a lot of ground has been gained and you gather it gets taken back for the scrum. Emm drop goals directly off scrums dont register, it just goes for a 22 drop out. Again as a lot of people mention the computer kickers very very rarely miss and the comp always throws up the correct jumper on your throw, and some pens being brought to the halfway mark even if it's deep in the 22. Think that's everything I noticed:)

I was playing as england and the player models of flood and youngs swapped round before the game, they were still labelled flood and youngs, but youngs was clearly at 12 and flood at 9. Also when I won the world cup with england vs aus in the final, some of the australia players celebrated too, and were also in the team photo thing with the trophy, Hats or whatever his name is, the black james oconnor

I played the Northern Hemisphere warm up tour on hard 10 min halves.I was going for a Grand slam(I think you get a trophy for winning all your games on tour),and I was on my way but in wet conditions against France in my last game I was 17-15 ahead and had them pinned down in their in goal area with a minute to go and I was penalised for a dangerous tackle-they got a penalty on the halfway line and slotted the kick over.

Lets just say I wasn't jumping up and down with joy!!

Still enjoying the game though!:)

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has said this yet! But every glitch Ive read on here so far was on Rugby08!!!! This is sooo lazy and needs to be sorted, also the most annoying glitch is the one if u get a red card the 7 plays in the backs and everytime he gets the ball hes knocks it on! Seriously this was the worst glitch on 08 and now it hasnt changed and its 3 yrs later????? Really? HB you are ridiculous how lazy you have been - my god its not enough that the game is basicly the same as 08 (lets be fair people it is!) with a few minor tweeks - but you couldnt even sort out the same glitches that were on 08????? EVERY ONE OF THEM IS ON THIS GAME TOO!! Very poor and disappointing HB, I think u may lose ALOT of sales to RC!!!

was trying to do the end to end gamer point challenge tonight, noticed that when you run towards your own posts and pass it you pass it forward

In full World Cup mode, I played 2 matches and won both (as confirmed in the fixtures/results screen) only to have the table show I have won 1 and lost 1 !

Thought the glitch may go after the next game (which I again won) - now I have Played 3, Won 3 - but the table shows Won 2, Lost 1.

Like the game, just a bit frustrated that something this simple wasnt picked up in test !

i was playing the world cup mode with two other people we where Ireland and where playing against South Africa in the quarters the score where level and the clock had ticked over to 80:00 we had sustained pressure in the SA 22 we where pushing them back we gave away a penalty for an early tackle we where then shocked to see the computer had elected to kick a penalty we thought we where safe and would go to extra time but what we didn't know was that game had glitched out and given SA a penalty on the fifty meter line and they slotted it over Knocking us out thought i would tell you as i needed somewhere to vent my rage but other than that love the game

i was playing the world cup mode with two other people we where Ireland and where playing against South Africa in the quarters the score where level and the clock had ticked over to 80:00 we had sustained pressure in the SA 22 we where pushing them back we gave away a penalty for an early tackle we where then shocked to see the computer had elected to kick a penalty we thought we where safe and would go to extra time but what we didn't know was that game had glitched out and given SA a penalty on the fifty meter line and they slotted it over Knocking us out thought i would tell you as i needed somewhere to vent my rage but other than that love the game
This should have been picked up in testing. After playing one 5 min half in the demo I experienced this. HB probably decided to save on paying testers and let the public effectively beta test their game. Absolutely shocking that so many bugs went unnoticed. Truly lazy.

I've also encountered the Full Tournament problem with winning both games, but in the standings only registering a 1 win and a loss. Online is a touch laggy, but other than that I've not found any other problems as of yet.

i have switched from side on to behind the play and sometimes the camera is too far away to see what is happening

plus when running towards your own goal area, if you pass the ball your player passes it forward but is not penalised, try it and see, I discovered this when trying to do the end to end gamer achievement.

xbox is the console

Last edited:
This should have been picked up in testing. After playing one 5 min half in the demo I experienced this. HB probably decided to save on paying testers and let the public effectively beta test their game. Absolutely shocking that so many bugs went unnoticed. Truly lazy.

Have you only just bought a game for this gen? I think Alan Wake and FF 13 are about the only games that haven't needed patching and both of them were in production for a very very long time. For some reason that is the way it is now, unrealistic release dates get set and they just worry about testing it afterwards. The amount of games that come out with corrupt save issues is shocking and much worse than loosing a 10 minute game.

I'm not saying its right but thanks to the ease of patching online, its certainly become the norm.

With Ireland the commentators mix up the wallaces, they call david wallace paddy and vice versa lol and to be honest a lot of the player ratings are questionable, Biggest injustice is probably Parisse only being rated at 75.