• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 2: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Wellington)

How does this effect the Ford/Farrell debate? Farrell was playing 12 and he would of taken the kick for England...

Please play Sexton and Farrell again. Either Laumape or SBW is going to have a field day with those two next week. Im picking 40 points + to the AB's next week to decide it.

This lions team is complete crap. You lot can say sour grapes all you want but this performance is pretty embarrassing for rugby imo.

Great win lions...
Only won by 3 points
Playing against 14 men without SBW
9 points left out their off the boot of barrett
And the weather suited the lions more...

But least we can go into 3rd test and it be a contest

Didnt use webb teo nowell....

Did not win that game down to gatland or howley...

Fair play to the players

Team for next week:
1. Vunipola - just needs to keep his head.
2. George
3. Furlong
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. O'Mahony (c)
7. Tipuric
8. O'Brien
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Daly
12. Farrell
13. Davies
14. Watson
15. Williams

16. Owens
17. Marler
18. Sinckler
19. Henderson
20. Faletau
21. Webb
22. Te'o
23. Nowell

The winning penalty really concerns me for the future of the game. Red player throws a bad pass, the Red receiver has to jump to catch it and gets tackled. The Law about tacking players in the air was never intended to apply to this, it was intended to protect players jumping for a kicked BALL

How long before we see receivers deliberately jumping to catch passes to make themselves immune from being tackled or to win a penalty. I know that if I was still coaching, The first thing on the agenda for Tuesday night would be getting my backs to practice jumping to catch passes so that opponents could not tackle them.

Barrett made a meal of that imo
Please play Sexton and Farrell again. Either Laumape or SBW is going to have a field day with those two next week. Im picking 40 points + to the AB's next week to decide it.

This lions team is complete crap. You lot can say sour grapes all you want but this performance is pretty embarrassing for rugby imo.

The only thing that is embarrassing is you mate .... SBW had his chance to run Faz over today . He will be cited next week .....

Last edited:
SBW thought he was playing NRL 10 years ago, handed the lions the game.
Wrong call to take kaino off, should have trusted the sliding defence to cover the extra man especially since it would have been hard to shift the ball quickly I the conditions.
Ref was horrible, both teams had some terrible calls go against them.

The winning penalty really concerns me for the future of the game. Red player throws a bad pass, the Red receiver has to jump to catch it and gets tackled. The Law about tacking player in the air was never intended to apply to this, it was intended to protect players jumping for a kicked BALL

How long before we see receivers deliberately jumping to catch passes to make themselves immune from being tackled or to win a penalty. I know that if I was still coaching, The first thing on the agenda for Tuesday night would be getting my backs to practice jumping to catch passes so that opponents could not tackle them.

Exactly Kieran said it himself to that reff. "So we'll just jump into the tackle and get and penalty". I hope he does it next week to show this law up for what it is!!

The winning penalty really concerns me for the future of the game. Red player throws a bad pass, the Red receiver has to jump to catch it and gets tackled. The Law about tacking player in the air was never intended to apply to this, it was intended to protect players jumping for a kicked BALL

Agree with this cooky ..... same applies for me on high shots when people are slipping/falling

That's a difficult one to swallow, but the Lions won fair and square. I feel frustrated about some dodgy calls from the ref, but apart from that it was a good tense match. Didn't like the fact that it was forward oriented and that the ABs were kept tryless, but you can't expect more of a Wellington weather...

Now's the moment I rant about SBW.

He's such a ****** ****** ************ ******* ¨£%M/@^{ idiot for shoulder charging Watson. He's not playing NRL anymore, what was he thinking ffs??? Rugby's a 15-man sport but playing at 14 proved way too hard for the All Blacks, especially in those tough conditions. A liability should be dropped, plain and simple. I never rated him anyway, he doesn't bring anything in defense.

Bring in Laumape at 12, he had a hell of a match tonight, and name Jordie on the bench. We need versatility off the bench for grinding venues such as this one.

Well tell him that not me lol. I never said jump INTO. BUHAHAHA
Well when you reject his full argument you are rejecting "you cannot jump into a tackle." So even though you never typed "into" you used it.

People have been saying that about SBW and Faz all week but look what happened. zmSBW was so scared he got himself sent off.

Brian O'Driscoll just gave a quote of a lifetime.

BOD "Sam saying on the discipline being poor. He walked around alot behind so seen it from good view. But next week they need to up it and he needs to get stuck in like the rest and not leave it to a ref whistle or poor goal kicking."

People have been saying that about SBW and Faz all week but look what happened. zmSBW was so scared he got himself sent off.

Nah the frenchies are just trying to save FAZ from utter embarrassment. SBW or not Faz is going to get flattened along with the rest of the lions next week.

The winning penalty really concerns me for the future of the game. Red player throws a bad pass, the Red receiver has to jump to catch it and gets tackled. The Law about tacking players in the air was never intended to apply to this, it was intended to protect players jumping for a kicked BALL

More concerning for me is that he didn't have to jump to catch it. Instead of the All Blacks being able to capitalise on a bad pass (attacking player hands up high, prone for a strong tackle), they are punished for it. The player jumped unnecessarily. What is the defending team supposed to do in that scenario?

Latest posts