• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby play-offs: Stormers - Sharks in Cape Town (28/07/2012)

+1 because I know that feel.

Well the Bulls supporters remain bullish and full of BS despite the fact that they have been our *****es for a while now. That's fine; we like 'em feisty.

Haha, i'm just joking around... My team was kak, yes, I've said that before, but for a kak team to get to the play-offs, is not too bad a result... we could've easily dropped back to old habits like in the early 2000's and not win a single game...

I don't even want to comment, I've been a wreck since the weekend, my buddies consist of one Stormers supporter and about 10 sharks.
If we win great, bragging rights for ages, but if we lose I might as well move to Zim to escape it all :p.

Anyway no doubt it's going to be an incredibly tough game.
On paper the Sharks are probably the better team particularly the forward pack. At scum time they will almost definitely have the advantage but I'd like to think our line-outs will be at least equal to theirs and our loosies have taken a few injury knocks but we should be OK.
Our back lines have very different styles so it's very hard to compare.

I know I sound a bit pessimistic but I really do think we have a good chance with the travel factor and home advantage especially considering this is the kind of environment we will thrive in and by that I mean tight semi-finals where every point counts.

Come on Sharks!!! i hope "rugby" wins this match!!! plus then we have a final in NZ :D win win...

Stormers will park the bus again...

Sharks looks really impressive, and could win the competition... i wont mind at all, as long as the vark stormers don't win it!!!

Icemn you drive a citi golf right

my bru

don't ever, don't use VW and me in 1 sentence!!! never!!

you can swear my mother even... but don't please!!! don't use VW...

i'd rather push my car, then drive a vw...

but i like your thinking ;) VW drivers are idiots :D

in 2001 I was married already, call me Oupa then

So Icemn hates VW's and has a thing against busses or busdrivers aat least. Also, he'd rather have a S15 final in NZ rather than the city he lives in...

Are you a pilot, Icemn?

So Icemn hates VW's and has a thing against busses or busdrivers aat least. Also, he'd rather have a S15 final in NZ rather than the city he lives in...

Are you a pilot, Icemn?

Turds don't fly

Rugby update for a change:

Bad news for Stormers:
"The Stormers will field an unchanged back row this Saturday as Duane Vermeulen has not recovered sufficiently from a knee injury"

Rugby update for a change:

Bad news for Stormers:
"The Stormers will field an unchanged back row this Saturday as Duane Vermeulen has not recovered sufficiently from a knee injury"

Ag, we've had worse this year. Fourie at 8 should do fine.... hell, he was MOTM last time out at 8.

Sharks only change 1 in the starting line-up. Bosman takes the place of Jordaan with Whitehead shifting to outside center. Viljoen fills the final spot on the bench. Deysel is present on the bench with Reinach missing out. A 5-2 split on the bench suggests a tight game.

1. Tendai Mtawarira
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Willem Alberts
5. Anton Bresler
6. Keegan Daniel (Captain)
7. Marcell Coetzee
8. Ryan Kankowski
9. Charl McLeod
10. Frederic Michalak
11. Lwazi Mvovo
12. Meyer Bosman
13. Tim Whitehead
14. JP Pietersen
15. Louis Ludik

Replacements
16. Craig Burden
17. Wiehahn Herbst
18. Steven Sykes
19. Jean Deysel
20. Jacques Botes
21. Odwa Ndungane
22. Riaan Viljoen

Actually it's quite hilarious to give Bosman a starting place against the Stormers. He is the perfect example of a Stormer: Just short of scoring a try ;)

Jordaan out, hmmm, levels the playing field a bit after the Vermeulen withdrawl, expect Jean 2 (the smaller more agile one)n to score 3 tries now, 2 had Pauly been there

loving this

On a man-to-man basis the Stormers certainly lose this one and by considereable amrgin in some cases but BUT but BUT BUT as a unit- and if we stick to our strengths- we can neutralize the Sharks I believe.

1. Steven Kitshoff
2. Tiaan Liebenberg
3. Brok Harris
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Andries Bekker
6. Siya Kolisi
7. Rynhardt Elstadt
8. Deon Fourie
9. Dewaldt Duvenhage
10. Peter Grant
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean de Villiers (c)
13. Juan de Jongh
14. Gio Aplon
15. Joe Pietersen

16. Deon Carstens
17. Frans Malherbe
18. De Kock Steenkamp
19. Don Armand
20. Louis Schreuder
21. Burton Francis
22. Gerhard van den Heever

Scary line-up with 2 props on the bench. That means strong scrums in the later stages of the match. The line-outs will be edging towards the Stormers.

Man, this is going to be a cracker! Bekker, Etzebeth, Kolisi, de Villiers, de Jongh and Aplon are the dangerous men for the Stormers. Can the Sharks handle them? At Newlands? I'd say no, unfortunately.

On a man-to-man basis the Stormers certainly lose this one and by considereable amrgin in some cases but BUT but BUT BUT as a unit- and if we stick to our strengths- we can neutralize the Sharks I believe.

Really?

The battle the Sharks win:

Beast - Kitshoff
Bismarck - Liebenberg
Coetzee - Elstadt
Kankowski - Fourie

Those are the only certain wins for the Sharks in one-on-one match-ups to be honest. Pietersen-Aplon is too close to call. Same goes for Ludik-Pietersen and Daniel-Kolisi.

Stormers look a lot stronger than expected.

Latest posts