• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby play-offs: Stormers - Sharks in Cape Town (28/07/2012)

Hey wait guys, the Stormers already won the cup in February?????!!!! I'm so confused now. Choke-Choke! Go Sharks bring the koppie home now!!!

what a beautiful day :)

was it just me or were there 1 or 2 forward passes in the buildup to the stormers try :?

maybe it was the crap camera angle or the 10+ glasses of rum i had :?

anyways...sharks jou leke ding :D

Last edited:
what a beautiful day :)

was it just me or where there 1 or 2 forward passes in the buildup to the stormers try :?

maybe it was the crap camera angle or the 10+ glasses of rum i had :?

anyways...sharks jou leke ding :D

I think i had the same rum! What was the penalty count against the sharks, 12/2? Nope, the stormers (all 15 +1) fought back hard. Choke!

I think i had the same rum! What was the penalty count against the sharks, 12/2? Nope, the stormers (all 15 +1) fought back hard. Choke!

You 2 must be brothers because I can't decide which one is more annoying.

Aaaaaaanyway, one highlight for me as a Stormers supporter was the Etzebeth > Bismarck part. I have never seen anybody do that to Bismarck, which of course means I had to change my signature. Well done to the Sharks though. They are defo the best SA team at the moment and I'll be cheering for them in the final!

You have 3 trophies but I like the fact you only claim 2 since one of them was unfairly won ;)

Haha, My bad Zeke, I forgot about the first one...

I don't think he claims 2, I just think he can't count...
Lol, well I'll give you that one... out of sympathy...

oh well, 11 more years for you guys... right?

Now that the emotion is out of the loss and I had some time to reflect on issues I came to these conclusions:

- With the loss of Schalk and Duanne the Stormers had 1 Springbok in the pack on match day, the Sharks had 6
- With the amount of injuries and disruptions they had, they did pretty well
- Half of the pack is under 23 years of age
- They pitched up for all the matches, was simply not good enough in the final 10 minutes and should blame their approach as it is fine for winning and topping logs but not the right medicine for finals
- The team should be there or there about again for the next few years

Pro's - The Stormers are the most consistent side in the tournament over the last 3 years reaching the semi's every time, yet they need to make the step up when needed

Con's - They have to concentrate to be more clinical with ball in hand and wasted possession with a flawed kicking plan and personal (half backs)

2013 game on - SA should once again have a strong (if not stronger) campaigns by the Sharks, Stormers and Bulls and maybe even the Cheetahs

Gena, you had 2 Springboks in the pack (Bekker and Etzebeth) but yeah, the injuries have hurt the Stormers a lot. Still, they topped the log without having Burger for the entire season. I think he only played the season opener against the Hurricanes.

I am very, very happy with the win. Both sides deserved to go through though. While the Sharks played a more wide style of rugby, the Stormers were clinical and they just need to be a little bit more focussed on attack. The 3 tries that were scored were all very similar. Good attacking pressure followed by a good side-step and great positioning.

The Stormers have a lot of potential and they have the best squad in the competition. I feel the Stormers will be much better represented in the Bok team next month. Etzebeth, Bekker, Vermeulen, de Jongh, Aplon, de Villiers and Kolisi all deserve to be in the team.

As for the Sharks, well... I am just so happy but at the same time so scared we will throw it away at the death once again. Another final, another trip overseas. The talent is limitless. Bresler, Coetzee, Whitehead and Ludik have all really stepped up this season. Kankowski has found his old form, and Michalak is finally consistent.

The strength is in the front-row, where even Beast and Bismarck look better than they were. I hope to see Bresler and Ludik in the Bok squad. They deserve to be there. To re-phrase Howie Rose:

The Sharks are in the final and have 1 more hill to climb, and it's Mount Waikato baby!!!

Now that the emotion is out of the loss and I had some time to reflect on issues I came to these conclusions:

- With the loss of Schalk and Duanne the Stormers had 1 Springbok in the pack on match day, the Sharks had 6
- With the amount of injuries and disruptions they had, they did pretty well
- Half of the pack is under 23 years of age
- They pitched up for all the matches, was simply not good enough in the final 10 minutes and should blame their approach as it is fine for winning and topping logs but not the right medicine for finals
- The team should be there or there about again for the next few years

PLZ!!!

why did you pitch for the game on saterday then? surely you knew all "the above" before the game, and knew you didn't have a chance....

and if you managed to beat the sharks, would you have posted this? sure....

you just like that idiot Mark Keohane and his sidekick JP....

SA and AUS, has got a clear advantage with this crap conference system.... but still we have a NZ final!!!

PLZ!!!

why did you pitch for the game on saterday then? surely you knew all "the above" before the game, and knew you didn't have a chance....

SA and AUS, has got a clear advantage with this crap conference system.... but still we have a NZ final!!!

I see a new TRF award coming up... Lol!!

F*** you're annoying!

PLZ!!!

I will argue the merits with anyone with half a developed brain, but you are an idiot and does not deserve my time so go a go make another inbred for all I care
I don't read Keo - evolved form that stage a few years ago

People see me and heineken often have a bite on WP and Blue Bull issues, just cause we passionate about our teams and know each other can take it. That is a world apart from you cupcake.
I vouch to never reply on anything ever that you post cause I don't have time for your type.

I will argue the merits with anyone with half a developed brain, but you are an idiot and does not deserve my time so go a go make another inbred for all I care

dit vat n grote om n kleintjie uitteken...

600052_10151975517945343_774567485_n.jpg

Can you step of it, are are living in the past dude and not even the recent past...

Get your team to shape up and let us know when it happens

Just remember in 2012 - yes this is the current date, try and remember it

Stormers 2 - Bulls 0
Stormers top the SA conference - Bulls not even close
Stormers reached the semi's - Bulls, yeah it was quite funny

^^ this is all that matters to the realists but as to the living in the past, Bulls, you have a blast now

Currie Cup is with the Lions
S15 still with the Reds
Vodacom cup is with.. wait.. it's with us in Newlands
..along with the conference winner's cup we defended

So be happy with the junior taking Craven week and we'll talk again when the Bulls manage to beat the Stormers.

It's also not too wise to delve into history as WP is still in a it's own league with regards to CC ***les.

Latest posts