8.Chiefs
9.Tahs
10.Cheetahs
11.Brumbies
12.Lions
13.Force
14.Highlanders
15.Hurricanes

The Blues have a powerful team this year and i think Ma'a playing in Japan is a good thing because he tends to get off to a slow start so him playing rugby now is good and the Blues need to get off to a good start.
Ma'a playing too much rugby might work against him too he might be over cooked and tired but playing in Japan this shouldn't be a big problem.

Is the draw out yet?

It's been out for some time. There was a post in this section some time ago... can't remember. Anyway, here's a link;

http://www.superxv.com/fixtures/

Interesting reading (log predictions).

I'd be really chuffed if the Stormers manage 4rth this year! IMO I think you possibly have the rebels a bit high and the Highlanders a bit low but it'd be great if the Rebels can move up. Signing both Beale and O'Connor are HUGE but I wonder whether they have the forwards and halves (and depth in those areas) to truly push for a mid-log spot yet. Maybe.

He refused to remove his poster of James Bieber (O'Connor)

Last edited:
Early speculation is about some kind of gambling issue. But I'm skeptical as always... If any of these journo's had a clue, they would have published an article weeks ago.

Anyway... it begins: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/western-force-star-willie-ripia-caught-in-theft-scandal/story-e6frg7o6-1226241244658
From what I have heard about Ripia he has seemed like a nice fella, though many nice fellas can do stupid things. Would never have thought this could have been true in a rugby environment.

just saw on rugbydump FB page that he stole form his team mates. Bloody stupid guy he may well have just thrown his career away.

just saw on rugbydump FB page that he stole form his team mates. Bloody stupid guy he may well have just thrown his career away.

Anyone notice what is actually happening here?

All the New Zealanders in Aus are just trying to fit into their society by delving into one if their national past times.

:D

1.Blues
2.Reds
3.Crusaders
4.Stormers
5.Sharks
6.Rebels
7.Bulls
8.Chiefs
9.Tahs
10.Cheetahs
11.Brumbies
12.Lions
13.Force
14.Highlanders
15.Hurricanes

Not a bad prediction, though I do agree with Stormer2010 in that you probably have the Rebels too high and the Highlanders (way) too low: the Highlanders were 8th last season and have a far better team this season (thanks largely to some kind donations from Mark Hammet ;) ). I'd also note that because of the format two New Zealand teams can't technically finish inside the top three (as the top three spots are reserved for the conference winners..). I agree that the Blues could be in for quite a big season this year - all they have to do is deliver.

Ripia resigns from Force: http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/5183/Default.aspx

W
e definitely need a replacement. We've already got young developing inside backs in the squad, so they should look for another David Hill type player (from 2010) to serve as backup to Stannard.

Honestly I think that is good news for the Force - it means that Stannard is guaranteed to start at 10. As I've said before Ripia is a reasonably solid player, but he has no attacking spark what-so-ever, and doesn't suit the Force team at all. It will be intersting to see what sort of replacement they can find for him.

Was never a fan of Ripia as a rugby player, but as a person he always came across as a genuinely nice dude. Hope this doesn't end his career.

1.Stormers (will go undefeated but then lose 1-2 vs lower teams)
2.Crusaders (they will beat blues and just take 2nd on a bonus point or 2)
3.Reds (would be no.1 if Quade was not hurt, this will make them drop games at start of season)
4.Blues (should be 3rd, but Reds take it on 1st in conference)
5.Sharks (will do very well but lack the x factor to win vs the top teams)
6.Tahs (only get in due to easy conference)
7.Chiefs (miss out on 6th because not in aus conference, harder games in NZ)
8.Rebels (do very well, but dont have exp and JUST miss out of top 6 by 1-2 points)
9.Lions (black horse)
10.Force (to many problems, no real no.10)
11.Highlanders (will play well but to many hard teams in conference)
12.Hurricanes (season of a low, but will be big again soon!)
13.Bulls (past use by date)
14.Cheetahs (They always suck so they will keep on sucking till the cows come home)
15.Brumbies (They might not even win a game in the easy conference, maybe 1-2 lucky games)

Reds vs Tahs - QF1: Reds win
Blues vs Sharks - QF2: Blues win

Stormers vs Blues: Stormers win (home field)
Crusaders vs Reds: Crusaders win (home field)

Final Stormers vs Crusaders: Stormers win (home field)

fantastic opening game,

blues vs crusaders at eden park.

Gonna have to go to that one me thinks.

I can't fricken wait, I miss rugby already...

Last edited:
fantastic opening game,

blies vs crusaders at eden park.

Gonna have to go to that one me thinks.

I can't fricken wait, I miss rugby already...

Just over a month to go now. The 4th game of the round will be good too: the Highlanders beating the Chiefs in Hamilton :p

In no particular order, my top six are Stormers, Bulls, Crusaders, Chiefs, Reds, Waratahs

(Lions, Rebels, Hurricanes to prop up their respective conferences)

The Waratahs have been the perennial under-performers of Super-Rugby. Top four in four of the last five years, including two finals, but they have never won it.

This could be their year!

That has been said about the Waratahs for the past few years but the loss of Beale is substantial. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebels finish 2nd/3rd in their conference but their forward pack will need to up their game.

In no particular order, my top six are Stormers, Bulls, Crusaders, Chiefs, Reds, Waratahs

(Lions, Rebels, Hurricanes to prop up their respective conferences)

The Waratahs have been the perennial under-performers of Super-Rugby. Top four in four of the last five years, including two finals, but they have never won it.

I expect the Waratahs to be very competitive, as they have been over the last few years. I think last season was there best chance of winning, but they had a huge injury toll which really hurt them. Dan Vickerman's injury is a big blow for them, as he and Timani would have formed a very intimidating locking combination (though they will still have a strong locking combination out of Timani, Mumm, and Douglas). They will be hoping that Wycliff Palu plays a full season, as is a quality number 8 when fit. Phil Waugh is a big loss for the Waratahs, and it will be interesting to see who out of Alcock and McCutcheon manage to secure the Waratahs 7 jersey this season.

How Pretorius goes at 9 may have a big impact on the Waratahs chances: he will certainly add a bit to the Waratahs attack with his dangerous running around the base of the breakdown. He is a liability in defense though, and the Waratahs, who had the best defense record in the competition last season, may not like this. The rest of the backline (assuming the likes of Horne and Mitchell can get/stay fit) looks quality, and though Beale is a big loss at fullback getting a quality player such as Ashley-Cooper to replace him certainly lessens the blow.

I expect the Waratahs to be very competitive, as they have been over the last few years. I think last season was there best chance of winning, but they had a huge injury toll which really hurt them. Dan Vickerman's injury is a big blow for them, as he and Timani would have formed a very intimidating locking combination (though they will still have a strong locking combination out of Timani, Mumm, and Douglas). They will be hoping that Wycliff Palu plays a full season, as is a quality number 8 when fit. Phil Waugh is a big loss for the Waratahs, and it will be interesting to see who out of Alcock and McCutcheon manage to secure the Waratahs 7 jersey this season.

How Pretorius goes at 9 may have a big impact on the Waratahs chances: he will certainly add a bit to the Waratahs attack with his dangerous running around the base of the breakdown. He is a liability in defense though, and the Waratahs, who had the best defense record in the competition last season, may not like this. The rest of the backline (assuming the likes of Horne and Mitchell can get/stay fit) looks quality, and though Beale is a big loss at fullback getting a quality player such as Ashley-Cooper to replace him certainly lessens the blow.

Just to be pedantic and because we don't have a whole lot else going for us (Stormers) but we were the best defensive team ITO least tries scored against us (18 in 16 matches) last season.

Just to be pedantic and because we don't have a whole lot else going for us (Stormers) but we were the best defensive team ITO least tries scored against us (18 in 16 matches) last season.

I thought someone would pick me up on that :) It really depends on how you measure defense record: if you go on tries conceded you are certainly right in saying the Stormers were the best (Waratahs were second best, conceding 22 tries), but if you look at total points conceded the Waratahs actually had a slightly better regular season record than the Stormers (252 points conceded vs 257...).

Last edited:
in the end its the number of point...not the number of tried the decides the results ;o)

Latest posts