• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2014

Super League coverage is way too gimmicky for my liking.

"Super Zoom"

"Margin Meter"

Yeah, I've been watching a bit of it lately mate and I agree. Though for me the most annoying thing is the try replay techno they play... reminds me of the Winfield Cup stuff from the 80s here.

How you feeling about the 4N btw Dan? With the Burgess boys and Graham you lot will have a killer forward pack! I'm even thinking of travelling to Melbourne to watch the game.

Our forwards will match you all the way and probably beat you - our backs are largely uncreative and lack any sort of X Factor. Outside chance of the final as per usual I guess. Roby has started to hit form though, he'll be a big asset.

Should be a very interesting game - a tonne of incumbent Kangaroos are gone, but our side should still look pretty powerful.

Currently, this is who is out of the Roos:

Justin Hodges (Broncos), Matt Gillett (Broncos), Brett Morris (Dragons), Josh Dugan (Dragons), Trent Merrin (Dragons), Will Hopoate (Eels), Andrew Fifita (Sharks), Michael Gordon (Sharks), Billy Slater (Storm), Dave Taylor (***ans), Brent Tate (Cowboys - career ending injury), Paul Gallen (ASADA ban), Darius Boyd (Knights), Luke Lewis (Sharks).

That's a pretty massive list of rep players out on a scale suffered by the Wallabies. But the Roos have so much depth that we could still field a side that looked like this:

Cronk
Thurston
Morris (Brett)
Jennings
Hayne
Stewart
Inglis

Meanwhile, we could still field a forward pack of:

Thaiday
Smith
Scott
Bird
Tamou

So it's still going to be a powerful side and Matt Scott has to be one of the best props running around right now.

That's some heavy duty absentees. Didn't know it was that bad - but there's still plenty there. Forwards we can match you (and have done for majority of time we have known each other) but I look at your centres and ours, and your halves and ours and just shake my head. There's no comparison.

Really enjoyed Wigan vs. Warrington, not a high scoring affair but very tense game, with the crowd showing it's nerves even in the first five minutes. No suprise in the other game, thought the Dragons had over acheived even making it that far.

Really enjoyed Wigan vs. Warrington, not a high scoring affair but very tense game, with the crowd showing it's nerves even in the first five minutes. No suprise in the other game, thought the Dragons had over acheived even making it that far.

You are not wrong

Latest posts