• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2014

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Underway after Huddersfield won 24-8 at Wigan tonight. Hardly a surprise considering Wigan have a big game in 2 weeks. Only the one game this week, the real business starts on Thursday night.

I'd say so - there's plenty of good skill to admire.

Yeah I watched parts of it just kind of skiped over some slower parts of the game. Wigan were pretty dire in the 1st half didn't bring as much intensity as I would have thought for a home opener. Might just be a sluggish start I won't read tons into the very first game of the season, that being said Giants look like a great side heading into this year and could be ***le contendors.

Should be a few good games next weekend, match us were smartly made Warrington and St. Helens game especially looks mouth watering.

That's the problem with Super League - you can only start playing in May and get into the playoffs easily. No need for intensity at this stage of the season.

Fantastic 2nd half by Hull FC,(until the last few minutes where they cruised way too much) looks like they took pre season training seriously, looked as fit at the 70 minute mark as they did in the 10th. Dragons were really flagging towards the end. Hull need to get someone who can goal kick, lots of points left on the board even with the win and it ended up being closer today than was nessecary. They won't be able to compete with the very top teams if they can't take all the points on offer.

Catalan aren't usually very good away, and they could take a moral victory of sorts from what was an OK game by them.

Last edited:
That's the problem with Super League - you can only start playing in May and get into the playoffs easily. No need for intensity at this stage of the season.

But when has a team ever come from outside the top 4 to win the competition? If you come 8th you have to beat four of the top sides away from home, in a row. Good luck with that.

Leeds won it from 5th in 2012. One home game, two away ones, suddenly you're in the final.

As for the Thursday night game I was so happy with the way St Helens started their season. Absolutely ruthless performance, and we will get better as well because we dropped a fair bit of ball. Luke Walsh was unplayable.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Salford Red Devils fair this season. Spent the cash, so be interesting to see how they get on.

St Helens and Leeds 2 and 0. Good win for Saints last night in the end after a poor first half.

Really gone off Salford since we started ground sharing with them so hoping Saints give them a right kicking tonight.

Brilliant try that, by Saints!
Red Devils' kicking game has been terrible all day, but that one was something else

Kyle Amor has been monumental

Last edited:
Saints are giving Salford a rugby masterclass. Salford can't even keep a decent handle on the football and that kicking is abysmal, was hoping that Salford would be more competitive this season but they can't even get the basic fundamentals right in this game.

I have to say Castleford are looking really impressive so far this season, looked like Rovers didn't have any kind of answer for them. As for Catalans performance its exactly what I expected, Leeds are a decent team anyway but Catalan made them look even better! I think Catalan need to do something drastic or relegation could start to be a problem!

Latest posts