• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2014

Only caught the Broncos getting a hiding this week, it looked more like an exhibition match, the twelve team competition is going to be so much more competetive without these duds hanging around.

I agree, 12 teams will be a lot better. But isn't it a shame that London, Bradford and Catalans are the duds so far? Then my team Hull KR are only 9th. I want London to go down because I question how much their presence really grows the game. I think of Bradford and the Catalans I would want Bradford to go down because I have more confience that they be able to get promoted quite quickly.

Loosing Dragons would be taking away something special as well and as far as(yes I know limited in scope) the French national team it would be a bit of a disaster for the major pro team from the country to be relegated. That other drop spot is wide open, Bradford being deducted puts them in a hole.

Fingers crossed the win over the Giants will kickstart our season, now.
I think Bradford and Broncos are more "deserving" of the drop, Bradford for going bankrupt twenty times in a row, and Broncos for being consistently terribly for a long long time.

The Dragons aren't going down. The gap between Bradford and safety is already starting to grow.

FANTASTIC win for injury hit Saints against Leeds last night. Absolutely incredible performance from the young guns given the odds stacked against us.

Hull FC pure class in the first quarter of their game vs. Huddersfield, game was basically over by then.

Hull steamrollered Huddersfield, it was a big disappointment that match.

Castleford versus Saints on the other hand was bad for my blood pressure but good for business!

Hull steamrollered Huddersfield, it was a big disappointment that match.

Castleford versus Saints on the other hand was bad for my blood pressure but good for business!

Incredible game, Castleford will be kicking themselves!!! I think Steve O was saying it wouldn't happen LOL at the 60 minute mark. Looked like a fantastic crowd at The Jungle, packed house and wild atmosphere. The Tigers just became so sloppy in the final ten, their handling went to **** and they went into full panic mode. Do you think the 2nd last Saints try was a knock on Dan? Could have gone either way for me.

Yes I thought it was a clear knock on. It's a hard call for the referee because from where he is stood it will look like it has gone backwards for all the world. However, he clearly offloads it onto the defenders foot but the ball was going forward. Should have gone to the video referee and should have been disallowed.

Great start to the Wigan/Saints derby for the neutral. Two tries in 7mins - Lomax had no right to make it through the Wigan defence in the way that he did.

Widnes - Castleford was a tidy contest to watch. Daryl Clarke looks like a hell of a player too!

Reportedly signing for Warrington next season which is most unfortunate.

Just seen that there is a 1000+ points difference between Wigan and London.

Everytime I watch Leeds play at Headingly I'm amazed at the atmosphere. It's ridiculous.

Also, how do you enjoy Sky's league coverage?
I have to say I generally prefer it to their Union coverage.

Last edited:
Same as it's ever been: Lot's of interest up north, little-to-none everywhere else.

As someone who has lived in London* all my life I feel I am probably in quite a good position to comment on this.

Rugby (both codes) isn't really played here.
Unless you go to a private or grammar school you aren't going to play rugby because state schools in the city don't have the facilities to play.
That's a pretty big issue - kids can't play the sport unless their parents sign them up to a club (and there aren't that many clubs).

The "London" Clubs aren't really based in the city.
Domestic rugby league and union have practically zero profile in the city.

That's not going to change anytime soon unless teams start to locate themselves inside the city (not in Barnet or High Wycombe) and domestic rugby gets decent terrestrial tv exposure.

Latest posts