• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15 Play Off QF: Crusaders - Sharks @ Trafalgar Park, Nelson (25-06-2011)

That's the Dutch point of view ( reffering to WC Football).
The best team of the day will win. Hopefully while entertaining us with some good footie

My country has lost 3 World Cup finals in football without winning one, Sharks lost 3 Super Rugby finals without winning one. I wish I was a Brazilian Crusaders fan. That would have been more pleasant

I know ;) , but regarding the S15: there are still 3 rounds before one of the 5 resting teams can hold the cup.
A pity actually, I loved my Super weekends now it's just one game a weekend. At least in 4 weeks the Tri Nations start

Last edited:
Currie Cup and ITM Cup also start very soon! This year will be great. These 2 competitions will run till the end of October, with September as a RWC month at the same time. When all is over, we get the November tests.

Currie Cup and ITM Cup also start very soon! This year will be great. These 2 competitions will run till the end of October, with September as a RWC month at the same time. When all is over, we get the November tests.

You're not refering to November tests this year, right?

I was thinking the same. I doubt there will be any tests this year.

South Africa doesn't play any tests this year, but I am sure some other countries will.

Normall the tests are October - November . But the RWC ends end of October. I reckon the European sides will focus on the 6 Nations in February and give their squads a deserved rest and or some game time in their competition.

I, ashamedly, backed the Bulls to beat us last weekend. The odds were just too great, and well I got taught a lesson there. There is no logic in this world! :p

Tomorrow my head says again we should get beaten, my heart saying we can make history here. I'm torn between the two!

My predictions:
Head - Crusaders by 8
Heart - Sharks by 2

Our centres need to play even better than they did last week. Gonna be one hell of a challenge to do anything through the centres, and even a harder challenge to stop anything from happening in the centres. Our tight 5 shone last week and we need it again, parity in the tight 5 is vital, as always. However as the Cheetahs showed you need to attack the Crusaders at the breakdown to stop them. Once they get their momentum, it's tickets. We have some real destructive and explosive forwards who can do the job (BdP, Mostert, Beast, Deysel & Alberts). Gonna require a massive effort. SO happy we are secure on the wings with Mvovovovo and JP.
Very nervous!

So excited, cannae get back to sleep!

Has Marcell Coetzee played the required number of games? I thought he might have got a look in after the Lions game, don't think I have said enough how impressed I have been with him at Vodacom Cup and Superugby, we're certainly not gonna have problem with strong ball-carriers next season.

We're on a Crusade today, advance and let run next opponents look Red, make the final and Storm towards the ***le! ;)

Just to let you guys know: Last time these 2 played each other in the play offs, it was in Christchurch and the Sharks scored more tries than the Crusaders, but lost 36-32. The scores were:

Crusaders
Try: Norm Berryman (2), Daryl Lilley, Daryl Gibson
Conv: Andrew Mehrtens (2)
Pen: Andrew Mehrtens

Sharks
Try: Ollie le Roux (2), Shaun Payne, Stefan Terblanche, Kevin Putt
Conv: Andre Joubert (2)
Pen: Andre Joubert

But today the game is played in Nelson, my favorite hang out in NZ. Will be a hard game. Already excited to see Maitland, SBW and Fruean to show their skills.

I have never watched a Super 15 game before so i am looking forward to this, hope it lives up to the hype!

I'm glad these start at 35 not 30, I thought I'd missed the first 10 mins, but only 3 :p

Wary of how our boy is gonna referee this game. Bryce renowned for not being the most consistent ref in the league.

Will Sonny Bill be as one-dimensionally redundant as ever? Crash ball, crash ball-offload, crash ball, crash ball-offload!

I'm not a SBW fan.

Latest posts