• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Blues vs Crusaders. Eden Park, Auckland (24/2/2012, 06:35 GMT)

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Super Rugby.png

Eden Park, Auckland (24/2/2012, 06:35 GMT)
Blues.png
Versus Super.png
Crusaders.png

Referee: Chris Pollock
AR1: Glen Jackson
AR2 : Mike Fraser
TMO : Vinny Munro

Last edited:
This is what S15 is all about, can't wait for this game. Not calling a winner

20,000 tickets sold so far for this one. Hopefully a crowd of 30k plus.

Hopefully they get a great crowd. Should be a fantastic game too: the game of the weekend in my opinion.

I'm going along... hopefully it will be epic (like most of the Blues-Crusaders games are)

Interesting to see that Israel Dagg looks like he will starting on the wing this game (with Tom Marshall at fullback). Personally I'd prefer to see it the other way around (Marshall on the wing, with Dagg at fullback), but I'm sure Blackadder knows what he is doing. This is probably only a temporary measure in any case, with Guildford back from suspension next week.

Yeah, Izzy has been playing on the wing all pre season!. I don't see the point in playing the in-form fullback of the world on the wing for Marshall though, hey, I rate Marshall, but it's like putting Cullen at centre/wing all over again.

vBookie Blues-Crusaders

Who will win the battle of NZ? I added the vBookie for this

1. Wyatt Crockett
2. Quentin MacDonald
3. Ben Franks
4. Tom Donnelly
5. Samuel Whitelock
6. George Whitelock
7. Matt Todd
8. Kieran Read (capt)
9. Andy Ellis (vice capt)
10. Tyler Bleyendaal
11. Israel Dagg
12. Ryan Crotty
13. Robbie Fruean
14. Sean Maitland
15. Tom Marshall
Reserves:
16. Corey Flynn
17. Owen Franks
18. Luke Romano
19. Luke Whitelock
20. Willie Heinz
21. Tom Taylor
22. Adam Whitelock

What do people think about both teams being without major stars to start the season when they probably should be playing?

1. Wyatt Crockett
2. Quentin MacDonald
3. Ben Franks
4. Tom Donnelly
5. Samuel Whitelock
6. George Whitelock
7. Matt Todd
8. Kieran Read (capt)
9. Andy Ellis (vice capt)
10. Tyler Bleyendaal
11. Israel Dagg
12. Ryan Crotty
13. Robbie Fruean
14. Sean Maitland
15. Tom Marshall
Reserves:
16. Corey Flynn
17. Owen Franks
18. Luke Romano
19. Luke Whitelock
20. Willie Heinz
21. Tom Taylor
22. Adam Whitelock

Largely predictable Crusaders lineup - the only surprise to me is Quentin MacDonald starting over Flynn (perhaps Flynn is carrying an injury?). Not really surprised to see Owen Franks on the bench, as I expect they will rotate their three main props again this year.

Line-ups are due to be realeased this morning.. so don't know where that on comes from.

If MacDonald is starting, I can't see Flynn featuring on the bench (he has been injured)

can't wait to see the Blues lineup. I wonder where Piri will slot in.

Blues: Isaia Toeava, David Raikuna, Rene Ranger, Benson Stanley, Rudi Wulf, Michael Hobbs, Alby Mathewson, Jerome Kaino, Daniel Braid, Chris Lowrey, Ali Williams, Anthony Boric, Charlie Faumuina,Keven Mealamu (c), Tom McCartney.
Reserves: Pauliasi Manu, Tevita Mailau, Brad Mika, Luke Braid, Piri Weepu, Hadleigh Parkes, Sherwin Stowers.

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-news/weepu-benched-blues-opener-4737421

A few interesting picks for the Blues. Not surprised to see Ranger at centre, though I still think he is better suited to the wing. I'm interested to see how Raikuna goes on the wing - he's a freakishly talented player with ball in hand, but he does have some galring weaknesses (particularly on defense). Interesting to see Dan Braid has been given the nod over his brother Luke in the 7 jersey - I felt last year that Luke had almost surpassed him, so he will need a huge game to keep his spot. Not too surprised to see McCartney at loosehead (with Woodcock injured), but he will be definitely tested at scrum-time by the Crusaders. I would have liked to have seen Liaki Moli on the bench (assuming he is fit) at the expense of Mika, but I'm sure Moli will get plenty of chances this season.

My mistake- my apologies LordHope.

Blues team is rather peculiar.
I hope Lam doesn't keep 4ucking about with the team again this year. Chopping & changing players each week, and hence acheiving zero continuity and not allowing the players to establish connections/partnerships.

Last edited:

Latest posts