• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 FINAL - Crusaders v Hurricanes

Gutted is the only word i can say.

But i am glad the canes didnt get hammered..i never thought they would.

Dam Fog :%#%#:

Originally posted by Ripper+May 28 2006, 09:29 AM-->
Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 28 2006, 12:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@May 28 2006, 12:33 AM
how about we get someone to control the weather eh?

Are you always this sarcastic?

You would have thought they would have planned a bit a head. Surely bad weather like this comes about a lot. The commentators seemed to agree, and for that surely a more suitable venue can be found for finals.

BM
Like what... move the game at an hours notice down the road to Otago?

And you do know how the host is decided right? [/b]
They could have possibly delayed it till sunday... or even to Monday night if necessary. Given the reports that half the crowd left BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T SEE, I don't think many people would have complained...

P.S to kimmy- Don't curse the fog... in all likelihood the score would have been worse for the canes if it wasn't there.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 28 2006, 05:35 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper+May 28 2006, 09:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

You would have thought they would have planned a bit a head. Surely bad weather like this comes about a lot. The commentators seemed to agree, and for that surely a more suitable venue can be found for finals.

BM

And you do know how the host is decided right? [/b]
They could have possibly delayed it till sunday... or even to Monday night if necessary. Given the reports that half the crowd left BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T SEE, I don't think many people would have complained...

P.S to kimmy- Don't curse the fog... in all likelihood the score would have been worse for the canes if it wasn't there. [/b]
The fog was still lurking around Sunday, and what about all those with Sunday flights? You expecting them to stick around when I highly doubt Air NZ/Freedom would be very helpful?

And Monday Night Rugby... sounds too American you FASCIST PIG

<!--QuoteBegin-Black Monday

So to make sure the final is the spectacle it is meant to be, either play at a ground known for the good condtions(etc millenium stadium in uk) or play at suitable time. I never said move the game.

Something tells me that if Jade Stadium was full of fog, any other stadium or park in Christchurch would be worse.

Originally posted by Ripper+May 28 2006, 04:42 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 28 2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@May 28 2006, 09:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

BM

And you do know how the host is decided right?

P.S to kimmy- Don't curse the fog... in all likelihood the score would have been worse for the canes if it wasn't there.
The fog was still lurking around Sunday, and what about all those with Sunday flights? You expecting them to stick around when I highly doubt Air NZ/Freedom would be very helpful?

[/b]
Well yeah... I mean, what's worse: Delaying the game untill the conditions were clear enough for people to see, or having 50,000 people pay good money only to get to the ground and not be able to see 5 feet in front of them... pretty obvious that they shouldn't have played it in those conditions given that the crowd couldn't see....
But I guess you would have been satisfied if you were out there staring into the fog.

And Monday Night Rugby... sounds too American you FASCIST PIG
[/b]

American Football isn't facist... it's boring :p , which is about the same I guess.

The problem with delaying the game is the fact many people still would've wasted their money due to other arrangements/Sunday flights. And only those up in the higher stands couldn't see. Anybody reasonably close to the ground could've seen alright, at least that's what it appeared to be from the various camera angles. It wouldn't surprise me if delaying the game screwed as many people over as playing the game in the fog did.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 28 2006, 05:02 PM
The problem with delaying the game is the fact many people still would've wasted their money due to other arrangements/Sunday flights. And only those up in the higher stands couldn't see. Anybody reasonably close to the ground could've seen alright, at least that's what it appeared to be from the various camera angles. It wouldn't surprise me if delaying the game screwed as many people over as playing the game in the fog did.
But we don't know that fore sure... all we know is that the fog DID stuff a lot of people who paid good money to see a rugby match.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 28 2006, 06:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@May 28 2006, 05:02 PM
The problem with delaying the game is the fact many people still would've wasted their money due to other arrangements/Sunday flights.  And only those up in the higher stands couldn't see.  Anybody reasonably close to the ground could've seen alright, at least that's what it appeared to be from the various camera angles. It wouldn't surprise me if delaying the game screwed as many people over as playing the game in the fog did.
But we don't know that fore sure... all we know is that the fog DID stuff a lot of people who paid good money to see a rugby match. [/b]
And delaying it still would've stuffed alot of people.

Either way, the deed has been done and we now can get on with "dicking" the North.

Originally posted by Wally+May 28 2006, 12:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 27 2006, 11:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 27 2006, 09:21 PM
Super 14 is a dead set joke. I think it's time SANZAR hits up some salary cappin' because nobody wants to see the Crusaders keep dominating this competition, bar those who support them obviously.

Lower Salary Cap will help the Crusaders.........

Lets see..........at the moment they have those big money players :lol: ...um.....whats their names.....Ralph, Hamilton, ...and their big spend ups this year...Senio and Filipo..... :p
They wouldn't keep winning games if they didn't have the best players every year... [/b]
McCaw......Carter....

.....only two....

....all of NZ's other francises have more "stars".....I don't even want to start with the Aussie and SA teams.

Crusaders never looked like losing.

They had 80% of territory and 80% of possesion.

OWNAGE!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 28 2006, 06:01 PM-->
Originally posted by Wally@May 28 2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 27 2006, 11:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
Super 14 is a dead set joke. I think it's time SANZAR hits up some salary cappin' because nobody wants to see the Crusaders keep dominating this competition, bar those who support them obviously.

Lower Salary Cap will help the Crusaders.........

Lets see..........at the moment they have those big money players :lol: ...um.....whats their names.....Ralph, Hamilton, ...and their big spend ups this year...Senio and Filipo..... :p

They wouldn't keep winning games if they didn't have the best players every year...
McCaw......Carter....

.....only two....

....all of NZ's other francises have more "stars".....I don't even want to start with the Aussie and SA teams. [/b]
Yeah, that's actually a pretty good point GG... The Blues have way more "Stars" as well. So what is it about the Crusaders that makes them so dominant? Is it purely the Carter and McCaw factor, or is that they make all their players into freaks?

Originally posted by Wally@May 27 2006, 09:21 PM
**** salary caps that's what has turned the NRL into crap.

We don't want any more legal cases over here.

How about the Canes they have nonu, Umaga, Collins, Weepu & Soai'alo surely one of them needs to be sent to another region.

The simple fact is the Crusaders stepped up on the day just like they always do and showed why they are a class side.

If you can still win while losing the likes of Mehrtens, Marshall & Robertson we must be doing something right.

Originally posted by Mehrtsisagod+May 28 2006, 07:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
**** salary caps that's what has turned the NRL into crap.

We don't want any more legal cases over here.
[/b]
pfffft. Salery cap making the NRL crap? The NRL has had 7 premiers in 7 years mate, and is getting more popular every year... Seriously, you can predict most results in the S14, but in the NRL it's bloody hard to pick winners week to week, and that is the sign of a healthy competition.

yeah we dont need a salary cap, we have one already coming into the air new zealand cup that will figure out the men from the boys.

2 hard to have a salary cap in the super 14 anyway cause you have it in one country you have it in all and i dont think it would make any differenice in australia and south africa, it will just hurt new zealand rugby

as I said before they consulted everybody before procceding with the match. player safety etc was taken into account. delaying the game would have been pointless as the fog was still around on sunday.
the spectators true could not see much but wating would not have been better and may in fact have been worse.

and there is also logistics to consider. people had flights booked etc the next day. and are you joking playing a rugby final on a monday would be sucide and perhaps even less people would have shown up.

a salary cap is not the answer and would create more problems than it would solve.

one of the reasons the crusaders have done well is that in their franchise area they had one division one npc team which means they were able just to field almost the same team in both competitions. a franchise like the blues has 3 division teams and therefore there is a lot more politics involved etc to keep all 3 unions happy. if the blues could just field the auckland npc team each year I am sure they would do a lot better.

um maybe maybe not. the option of post phoning was looked into and all those involved agreed to play the match..

interesting to note that the paying customers were happy. would they not in this case be classed as the majority as they were the ones actually at the game.

I was just going by the poll their esoj ;) . 56% in favor of postponing.

Anyway, when it's all said and done I think we all agree that it was about the worst Super rugby final ever held in terms of the spectacle... Perhaps NZ need to build a dome stadium...

of course the poll would say that as it would be from everyone watching it on tv. and without question watching it on tv was crap. simple maths would tell you that people watching it on tv would out-weigh those actually at the ground. tvnz polls are over-rated anyway.

it was proabbly not the greatest of finals conditions wise but it still was a good game to watch. how many times has fog come onto the field at jade stadium in the last say 10 years. I would say with 99% that was the first time that had ever happened.

wasn't a final in canberra played in crap conditions to.

maybe they should not play the final unless it is bright and sunny outside

Latest posts