• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

hey HB studio thank you for making a rugby game. . . okay my suggestions will be that : 1) making the game more intense, more running rugby, difficult to get the gap, but if there is a gap let the attacking team spread the ball to capitalize on the defensive's faults. 2) it would be cool if you can press a button to intercept the ball. 3) show some statistics of players or just the crowd attendance or anything. . . make it a more rugby atmosphere. . . 4) the players physical appearence should shape up etc. forwards big so that you can see that and backline players a bit smaller

I dont know if this is here but here is an idea

Scrums : Touch,pause,engade
This you can make acording to the ref's voice

Touch - Square
Pause - x
Engade - o
Teams can get free kicks against for engagging to early
I hate the fact that you cant scrum other teams away with these powerbars if you have a great 8 pack for scrumming
good idea but i wouldnt have the touch pouse bit just u wait until the ref says engage then u press o sometimes getting away with engaging early

For full realism the first person who tries to tackle SO'B should bounce off. Seriously being really really fussy complete customisation. As in backs moves, lineouts, scrum calls, back-row moves and defensive set up.

Is there any point in this thread anymore. I'm sure HB are well into the final stage of production, unglitching the game and won't be makin drastic changes to the gameplay. I could be wrong though.

Is there any point in this thread anymore. I'm sure HB are well into the final stage of production, unglitching the game and won't be makin drastic changes to the gameplay. I could be wrong though.

It's a thread of dreams.

I gotta think that the game is in the final stages, but this should be pretty easy to add in a future edition?
- A VISIBLE OFFSIDE LINE. (With the ability to turn visible offside line on or off).
I am talking about something like this..
(This is actually a League 10 yds back offside line, but same idea, just through the ball for Union, instead of 10 yds back).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCY62vnRAM

If I want to get non Rugby fan friends to play, it would be much easier for them to follow if a yellow offside line popped up whenever a ruck etc. occurred.

they should have players off the ball doing little animations to get ready for the next play, like staring and pointing at the opposite player...instead of everyone sliding around staring at the ball like zombies from black ops.

cant they put in like where your only one player, where you start at the bottom and work your way up so you can be chosen at international level??

Dear HB Studios,
I have bought all your previous incarnations of Rugby. Can you please make sure that it has a World League Tournament like Rugby 08, because I found that this is what I ended up playing the most and it gives the longevity. Obviously I will get the game anyway and I know that it is late to be making suggestions (with a release date in August). Cheers and keep up the good work.
Just to clarify, this was the league with 3 divisions and you start off coaching an average team and can trade players, coach different teams and it lasts for up to 10 seasons.

Last edited:
Dear HB Studios,
I have bought all your previous incarnations of Rugby. Can you please make sure that it has a World League Tournament like Rugby 08, because I found that this is what I ended up playing the most and it gives the longevity. Obviously I will get the game anyway and I know that it is late to be making suggestions (with a release date in August). Cheers and keep up the good work.
Just to clarify, this was the league with 3 divisions and you start off coaching an average team and can trade players, coach different teams and it lasts for up to 10 seasons.

I Don't think they'll have a world league in the game but I have to admit I had a hell of a blast playing it. Buying all the great player and have some tough decisions, when my star winger Lote.T had a broken nose. :) My back line was the best Carter, giteau, Mortlock, O'driscal(spelling),Lote,Latham. I was unstoppable

In order to make this a good rugby game they need to make the cpu more intelligent. none of this everyone on the field follow the ball. have the cpu controlled players actually marking open players, indentifying overlaps, your team mates running different lines for the gaps before you pass it to them. they should take a big look at NBA 2k11 (i know not rugby but still the most realistic sports game i have ever seen. the presentation, animations, stats, game flow. more atckling animations. im not meaning 1-1 tackling but more the right tackle for the situation on the field i.e when defending on your goal line actually have your men like a wall around the rucks all getting in on the tackle. that was one thing about the old rugby games that used to annoy me. defending on the goal line then they do a hit up off the ruck towards a group of forwards but only one of the defenders commits himself into the tackle and then it was a random tackle animation which could end up going either way. back to 2k11 they do this thing with players where they have a hot and cold meter. so this get affected by making/missing shots, turnovers, smart passing which could be bought into this game. knock ons, missed tackles, bad passing and general errors makes your player go cold meaning he will be more likely to keep missing the odd takle and throwing a bad pass on a crucial play and you just have to smart play to get him hoe like not getting isolated from your players. running the right line into a gap in the back line, passing will put your meter hot meaning you are more likely to pull of a hard pass or breaking tackles. it kinda hard to explain but if anyone has played the my player mode on nba 2k11 will understand. also kicking controls need to be sorted. like stabbing through a grubber which actually BOUNCES up of the ground when your players run on to it, punting you could do some thing with the power and accuracy of the kick by aiming with the left analog stick and hitting a shoot button but you hold the shoot button and release it just as the players foot connect with the ball. if you dont hold it for long not as much power goes into the kick if you hold it too long the accuracy goes off and it comes off the side of the boot. im tired of writing. enough

Please fix obstructions it's so unrealistic also have a practice mode where you could play mini games like sevens. That would be pretty sweet. Have the choice to customize players , their roles, gear, position. Make movement a mix of madden and FIFA the best way possible if possible.
Offer online play like FIFA world cup
Fix grubber kicks the defense reacts way to quick. Also make quick taps more realistic.
Have create a player mode. Everyone or atleast most enjoy putting their self it there on the field with some of the best rugby players in the world.
Make a classic XV team with the best players to every touch the field.
Make a way to poach balls cause some guys are good at that.
Sorry if any ideas have been repeated but great minds think alike.

Captain your Country and TMO

TMO decision would be awesome and like in FIFA World Cup 2010,Captain your country would really be great or something similar when you control your own Avatar and get rated after every match.

Yeah, I really hope World League is back in there again!! Thats all I play at the moment with the trf 2010 patch!! Its awesome!

Create your own team!!

How awesome would it be to create your own team, applying sponsors names over the jersey, with your own logo ect. Really hope you guys considder these ideas, but most important Something like Captain your Country. NFL has it, FIFA has it...

I Don't think they'll have a world league in the game but I have to admit I had a hell of a blast playing it. Buying all the great player and have some tough decisions, when my star winger Lote.T had a broken nose. :) My back line was the best Carter, giteau, Mortlock, O'driscal(spelling),Lote,Latham. I was unstoppable
Well hopefully they'll have some form of tri-nations and six nations at least. Otherwise the game will lack longevity...Rugby Challebge will have Super 15, Itm and Franchise mode. Might end up being the better game in the long run

Best suggestion I have is to scrap it like EA did with NBA Live when they saw what was happening with NBA2K11

Being that it has now become a huge part of the game, how about counter rucking, however if this tactic was used, ensuring that everytime the CR was used the player fatigue would set in????

How about when the try is scored, as per SKY have a slow more 360 degree shot!

Latest posts