• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Squad Selections

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 3 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 4 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 3 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do all the people who read this stuff who know about rugby not post ?[/b]

Jesus are you still here? I thought you were an April fools joke given to us by one of the admins to keep it all ticking over.
[/b][/quote]
yaaaaaawn...!

Pog mo thoin
[/b][/quote]
you mean hes not a virus?

shirley.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 6 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 4 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 4 2009, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now now, no telling people to kiss your behind in gaelic or otherwise..[/b]

least he could have done was spell it right :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

sorry Taurus we don't have gaelic keyboards in the valleys...!
[/b][/quote]

well it's Irish first of all and you've got the same keyboards we do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 31 2009, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My Lions Suggestion is:
4 AW Jones (Capt) - most tactically minded intelligent leader in the team

6 Croft- athletic attacking blind side

8 R Jones - grunty yet athletic ball carrier

10 Cipriani - best flyhalf unless hook finds form

11 Tom James (Cardiff) - outsider but he is big athletic and very very fast... will scare the shxt outta the boks

12 Henson - best 12 in the world

Bench

22 Roberts[/b]

I think I just got a little bit sick in my mouth...

Why don't we just throw out a welsh side with a few slightly insane adjustments in other words?

And also, I wish people would stop suggesting Wilkinson for the Lions. It's silly and waste of a space cause he'll get injured as soon as a gust of wind hits and he's well past it anyway. Why not just play gareth edwards number 9? He was good once too.

Andy Howell's squad

Lee Byrne (Wales)

Delon Armitage (Eng)

Tommy Bowe (Ire)

Rob Kearney (Ire)

Mark Cueto (Eng)

Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)

Shane Williams (Wales)

Brian O’Driscoll (Ire)

Gordon D’Arcy (Ire)

Tom Shanklin (Wales)

Riki Flutey (Eng)

Stephen Jones (Wales)

Ronan O’Gara (Ire)

Tomas O’Leary (Ire)

Mike Phillips (Wales)

Harry Ellis (Eng)

Gethin Jenkins (Wales)

Adam Jones (Wales)

Andrew Sheridan (Eng)

Phil Vickery (Eng)

Euan Murray (Sco)

Steve Thompson (Eng)

Jerry Flannery (Ire)

Rory Best (Ire)

Paul O’Connell (Ire)

Donncha O’Callaghan (Ire)

Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)

Simon Shaw (Eng)

Tom Croft (Eng)

Joe Worsley (Eng)

Denis Leamy (Ire)

Stephen Ferris (Ire)

David Wallace (Ire)

Martyn Williams (Wales)

Jamie Heaslip (Ire)

Andy Powell (Wales)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-23389997/

Oh dear Andy Howells ...

I don't find too much wrong with that myself. Thompson and taking 3 9's and 2 10's would be the problem i'd have with it.

Can't really comment on Thompson, looked alright in the 10 minutes I have seen of him. Vickery, Sheridan, Powell and Shaw are all pretty poor selections too but hey no Haskell or Cipriani.

Thompson? Ugh... He's not even in the English side.

Shaw? UGGGHHH! It's a joke that he's an international. Our penalty count needs to be low.

Powell? Meh. If he plays well for Cardiff we'll see.

Those scrum halves are awful though. I'd take Peel, Blair or Cusiter over O'Leary and Ellis.

O'Learys display against against the Ospreys was perhaps the finest by a Lions qualified scrumhalf all season, and he did a week after another superb performance the against Leinster. What has Peel or Blair done?

What has Shane Williams done since the Autumn? Nada. Are you going to leave him behind aswell? No. He's World Class.

As are Peel and Blair. O'Driscoll only found form recently, why can't they? They're both light years ahead of O'Leary when on top of their games.

Disagree. O'Leary has been off form this season as well, and in the last two games has started to show some form. When he is at his best very few scrumhalfs will trouble him.

When O'Leary's good he's very good....

But on a side note... I did not know they were given a £30,000 tour fee each! For a month and a bit of work! No wonder everyone wants to go so focking badly!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 15 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Disagree. O'Leary has been off form this season as well, and in the last two games has started to show some form. When he is at his best very few scrumhalfs will trouble him.[/b]
That's a slightly biased view methinks.

when's the squad being announced, I could have sworn someone said it was this weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 15 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 15 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Disagree. O'Leary has been off form this season as well, and in the last two games has started to show some form. When he is at his best very few scrumhalfs will trouble him.[/b]
That's a slightly biased view methinks.
[/b][/quote]

Perhaps, but I stand by what I said.

Latest posts