• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Training Squad

Not so sure. He placed faith in Cuthbert/North for so long, clearly variety between wings is not something he values too highly.

I'd agree with this - they've already gone on record saying Cuthbert has trained well, and up until the end of the South Africa summer tour he'd been playing well so I'm sure he'll get another shot to prove his worth. The pressure will be on though - if he doesn't look dangerous against Ireland then he's going to be in real danger of dropping out completely IMO. At his best he's a great winger, fingers crossed for him.

Otherwise the XV posted above looks good! Sounds like Wales are going with the intention of fielding a very strong side so I think we might see a few more of the usual suspects starting, but also expect the bench to completely empty by the 60 minute mark. Should be an exciting game, really looking forward to it and will be watching out for the Ireland squad announcement with great interest.

Not so sure. He placed faith in Cuthbert/North for so long, clearly variety between wings is not something he values too highly.

fair point, although i cant see walker being given a chance in any of the other games.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd agree with this - they've already gone on record saying Cuthbert has trained well, and up until the end of the South Africa summer tour he'd been playing well so I'm sure he'll get another shot to prove his worth. The pressure will be on though - if he doesn't look dangerous against Ireland then he's going to be in real danger of dropping out completely IMO. At his best he's a great winger, fingers crossed for him.

Otherwise the XV posted above looks good! Sounds like Wales are going with the intention of fielding a very strong side so I think we might see a few more of the usual suspects starting, but also expect the bench to completely empty by the 60 minute mark. Should be an exciting game, really looking forward to it and will be watching out for the Ireland squad announcement with great interest.

Its certainly interesting as the uncapped/lesser capped guys have everything to prove and nothing to lose

So Wales Online are reporting the following:

01 Nicky Smith
02 Richard Hibbard
03 Aaron Jarvis
04 Dom Day
05 Jake Ball
06 Ross Moriarty
07 Justin Tipuric
08 Dan Baker
09 Mike Phillips
10 James Hook
11 Eli Walker
12 Scott Williams
13 Tyler Morgan
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Halam Amos

No mention of the bench as yet. If true, I'd guess Tips would be captain. Quite an exciting side, but lacking in experience!

If Ireland put out a strong side, it could be a long afternoon, but if they chose a similarly experimental side it could be an interesting, but potentially disjointed game.

So Wales Online are reporting the following:

01 Nicky Smith
02 Richard Hibbard
03 Aaron Jarvis
04 Dom Day
05 Jake Ball
06 Ross Moriarty
07 Justin Tipuric
08 Dan Baker
09 Mike Phillips
10 James Hook
11 Eli Walker
12 Scott Williams
13 Tyler Morgan
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Halam Amos

No mention of the bench as yet. If true, I'd guess Tips would be captain. Quite an exciting side, but lacking in experience!

If Ireland put out a strong side, it could be a long afternoon, but if they chose a similarly experimental side it could be an interesting, but potentially disjointed game.

Not actually a terrible 2nd squad... a lot of players there I've been loking forward to seeing in a Wales shirt! That backline has some serious threat about it.

Good to see Dom Day finally getting a shot too, had a storming season with Bath - surprised he wasn't looked at earlier.

Be interesting to see how Moriarty gets on - I'd much prefer Navidi to be there though.

I think our Irish team likely to play on sat will be

1. Kilcoyne
2. Strauss
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. Toner
6. Henderson
7. Henry
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Jackson
11. Fitzgerald
12. Henshaw
13. Payne
14. Trimble
15. Kearney

Just a guess!

I think our Irish team likely to play on sat will be

1. Kilcoyne
2. Strauss
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. Toner
6. Henderson
7. Henry
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Jackson
11. Fitzgerald
12. Henshaw
13. Payne
14. Trimble
15. Kearney

Just a guess!

is the irish team being officially announced today as well?

On this game. Massive well done to the WRU. I hear it's a sell out.

I've heard Zebo has been playing well at 15 in training and is possibly starting there.
Ryan and Henderson almost 100% guaranteed as the 2nd row too from what I'm hearing.
Tommy O'Donnell may play some games at 6 and Schmidt has toyed with an Earls/Henshaw combo.

The official Welsh team playing Ireland to Saturday.

15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Jake Ball 5 Dominic Day, 6 Ross Moriarty, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Dan Baker.

Replacements: Rob Evans, Kristian Dacey, Scott Andrews, James King, Taulupe Faletau, Lloyd Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Matthew Morgan.

The official Welsh team playing Ireland to Saturday.

15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Jake Ball 5 Dominic Day, 6 Ross Moriarty, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Dan Baker.

Replacements: Rob Evans, Kristian Dacey, Scott Andrews, James King, Taulupe Faletau, Lloyd Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Matthew Morgan.

excited to see this team play, seems to be full of attacking threats. Amos at fullback was a big suprise

Latest posts