• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] Round 2: Scotland vs France (11/02/2018)

I can't wait for the next person to tell me Finn Russell is a better ten than George Ford ...

France's handling and support running is really impressive, from 1 to 15. With the exception of Vakatawa who's having a shocker and looks like he doesn't even care

Can't help but feel that whichever French club it was that paid big big bucks for Russell has watched his highlights online but not seen him play a few games, Especially with the pressure on

Bloody good half between two teams who attack much better than they defend, helped by Lacey's interpretation favouring the jackels so a lot of turnover ball. Both very positive intent, with two different styles, Scotland going wide as soon as possible, France starting from one out punches and looking to keep the ball alive with offloads, but mixing it up with a few screen passes to go to the outside - hence two tries running through Scotland's woeful wide channel defence.

Still think my money is safe on Scotland, France look knackered, reckon they won't last the pace - although if they start getting the ball to touch and challenging the Scottish lineout, it could get tough for Scotland. Looking forward to the second half

I can't wait for the next person to tell me Finn Russell is a better ten than George Ford ...
Been sick of it for years I really don't think he's better you just have to look at what England accomplished with Ford at fly-half even compared to the much vaunted Farrell. Hell look at Bath a couple a season ago when he still cared about playing for us and now....

Both are better than Biggar though.

I like Russell as a 10 but he's so flakey. He some Scotland up , when on fire they are brilliant but there's no steady head. Laidlaw isn't even providing that, so he's not really adding much more. With England you have Ford, Farrell and Brown who can all kick and they always seem to do it when it's needed.

Huw Jones is a great player.

I like Russell as a 10 but he's so flakey. He some Scotland up , when on fire they are brilliant but there's no steady head. Laidlaw isn't even providing that, so he's not really adding much more. With England you have Ford, Farrell and Brown who can all kick and they always seem to do it when it's needed.

Huw Jones is a great player.

And do it effectively - Russell, when he does kick, kicks poorly. (I'd argue Youngs belongs on that list as well FWIW)

Agree on Huw Jones. Very complete player

Is it Paul O'Connell speaking on the commentary? Incredibly dull and adding little
I don't like him on comms, think he'd be far more suited to being in the studio on the desk.
He's very knowledgeable etc. But keeping the comms movie is a different ball game

And do it effectively - Russell, when he does kick, kicks poorly. (I'd argue Youngs belongs on that list as well FWIW)

Agree on Huw Jones. Very complete player
I was just thinking of yesterday's game but normally Youngs is there. Russell is a complete confidence player, but has glaring faults. They just get exaggerated when things start going poorly. Same as Hogg, he's not a great tackler but great attacker.