• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Look at the detail in the sky... T'is nicer than the real one. Well done Sidhe you have made the digital world better than the real world. (Well in my opinion a world with a beatiful sky and all *you can do is play rugby is ... heaven) ;)

In the shot with the Wallabies, whose arm is around the Oz player on the far right of the ruck??

In the shot with the Wallabies, whose arm is around the Oz player on the far right of the ruck??

There is another Wallabies player at the back of the ruck, lower down that is mostly hidden. You can just make out his leg behind the leg of number 11.

The only problem I have with the graphics so far is players appear to float above the ground? i.e. their studs don't actually go into the ground they just float above it.

The only problem I have with the graphics so far is players appear to float above the ground? i.e. their studs don't actually go into the ground they just float above it.

It's a visual anomaly created by the way depth buffers and draw ordering works, combined with the camera angles. Not really noticable when it is all moving.

It's a visual anomaly created by the way depth buffers and draw ordering works, combined with the camera angles. Not really noticable when it is all moving.
I thought as much, it's just something that looks funny, has no real affect on gameplay or enjoyablity overall.

Has a proper instant replay function been confirmed for this game yet?

I guess the answer to this question is no.

I really shouldnt have to even ask it. I should be able to assume that it will have an instant replay and not
even worry about it. Having a sports game without a replay system just does not make any sense. The
whole purpose of sports video games is to re-create the excitement and unpredictable moments
we see in sports. When you cant playback these moments then thats a big let down.

So while RC has the best graphics I have ever seen in a rugby ***le, Id happily take them back for an
instant replay. And, lets face it, other than cut scenes the only time we would actually be able to
see shots like the screens released so far are via instant replay.

I guess the answer to this question is no.

I really shouldnt have to even ask it. I should be able to assume that it will have an instant replay and not
even worry about it. Having a sports game without a replay system just does not make any sense. The
whole purpose of sports video games is to re-create the excitement and unpredictable moments
we see in sports. When you cant playback these moments then thats a big let down.

So while RC has the best graphics I have ever seen in a rugby ***le, Id happily take them back for an
instant replay. And, lets face it, other than cut scenes the only time we would actually be able to
see shots like the screens released so far are via instant replay.

Seems like an unneccesary rant at this stage..

If we don't answer a question it isn't an indication of what the answer may be. Some information hasn't been cleared for release.

My question was 'has it been confirmed yet?' and when I said the answer was 'no' I meant as in 'no it hasnt been confirmed.' I wasnt jumping to conclusions based on the lack of response, but more the lack of a manual replay system in Sidhes previous league ***les.

Thanks for the response, I managed to find a post from Mario over on the official forum indicating that it is or atleast was being worked on. Hopefully the news on that front is good this time around.

Id hate to go off on another uneccessary rant, especially at this stage.

Last edited:
My question was 'has it been confirmed yet?' and when I said the answer was 'no' I meant as in 'no it hasnt been confirmed.' I wasnt jumping to conclusions based on the lack of response, but more the lack of a manual replay system in Sidhes previous league ***les.

Thanks for the response, I managed to find a post from Mario over on the official forum indicating that it is or atleast was being worked on. Hopefully the news on that front is good this time around.

Id hate to go off on another uneccessary rant, especially at this stage.

Learn how to word a sentence properly if you don't want to be misunderstood champ.

Meh. You know what, i'm not even going to get into this.

Grow up "Ceejay"

Now, that I can almost agree with. Perhaps if we split the growing up part 50/50 and
call it day?

I know those RC shots look good and everything, but im guessing theyre not in game shots? I'm not sure my ps3 could handle the rendering! so I think I'd like to see the in game shots before ******** on HB too much here...

Latest posts