• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

I hope you can create your own custom tournaments in this game. I've always wanted to pit Super Rugby and European teams against each other. By the way the new screens look great!

Last edited:
Man, wouldn't it had been great if HB teamed up with Sidhe... they put all their work together and made one completely superb rugby union game???... if they put all their elements together as one it would be the best game to hit ps3

what planet are you on 2 games are way better than 1

2 good games with some minor flaws better than one perfect game ?

I would like to see a team up in the future if it were possible

Perfect is a matter of opinion. The style that one developer may favour could be considered perfect to some and horrendous to others. When you have variety and competition you're much more likely to increase the overall quality of both products and cater to different gameplay preferences. One game can't be perfect.

Paves the way for Schalak Sandwich, Foureye Stu Freez, Frankois Hogarrd

Genuinely sorry to hear that Mario, I'm sure HES and you guys tried your level best. :(

Indeed.

Important for us to start clearing up what licenses we do and don't have at this time, so while this news isn't exactly positive we hope we are continuing to give more insight into the what shape Rugby Challenge will take.

Indeed.

Important for us to start clearing up what licenses we do and don't have at this time, so while this news isn't exactly positive we hope we are continuing to give more insight into the what shape Rugby Challenge will take.

You sure are. It's appreciated. Anyone can plainly tell that the objective here is for you guys to make the best and most authentic experience you can and I'm sure nobody can win them all. :)

Obviously this is dissapointing for rugby fans. I think we are all used to EA Rugby games thats why we expect all major teams and comps to be licenced. Tough luck I say!!

A question to the modders/Mario, I don't have a console yet, however I will get one so I can play both rugby games. I really appreciate the work that the modders do for the Rugby 08 to keep the game alive for 4 years. However I bought the game for PC and the mods are for PC (I think). So when people release mods for the Rugby Challenge (I hope), will I be able to apply them for console version of the game?

Obviously this is dissapointing for rugby fans. I think we are all used to EA Rugby games thats why we expect all major teams and comps to be licenced. Tough luck I say!!

A question to the modders/Mario, I don't have a console yet, however I will get one so I can play both rugby games. I really appreciate the work that the modders do for the Rugby 08 to keep the game alive for 4 years. However I bought the game for PC and the mods are for PC (I think). So when people release mods for the Rugby Challenge (I hope), will I be able to apply them for console version of the game?

Not really.

no. console games are deliberately closed off to prevent large scale modding. all you will be able to do is whatever the in-game editor allows and any future dlc/patches that might come out. my advice would be to get 2 versions of the game pc for mods that will come out and console for online play.

Slightly disappointing, but, just like RWC gameplay will be more important. The editing feature of the game seems quite extensive too so not the end of the world. Looking forward to more info down the line.

Gutted to hear about the lack of official licence, but at the end of the day there will still be representation so thats fine. Been playing PES all week, so i been used to playing against MAN Blue, and Mersyside red :p The players still looked the same (but obviously that will depend on the "licence restrictions" with other companies). its sad for the SA gamers because they wont have a "complete" representation in the game (which is totally out of SIDHE's hands). I presume that greed over money was the problem. Every union is the same :( :( keep up the good work guys, cant wait to see what you have in store for us :D

Just got on NZ Gamer and read that there won't be any South African teams in the game. :( This will disappoint a few of my friends and teammates for sure. I know Leinster won't be in it, but as long as the Eagles and Ireland are in it I'm good. :)

The SARU must be a bunch of knobs. It doesn't surprise me though, especially with Peter De'Vill's in charge of their National side.

Why?

Maybe HB have exclusive rights, and we just don't know yet?
That would make NZRU and ARU knobs too, by your reckoning, for going exclusive with Sidhe

Sidhe couldn't reach and agreement with the SARU, sounds like it wasnt enough for them to hand over the rights?? I can say this as my mothers side are South African, they are awfully hard people to deal with in general.

Sidhe couldn't reach and agreement with the SARU, sounds like it wasnt enough for them to hand over the rights?? I can say this as my mothers side are South African, they are awfully hard people to deal with in general.

Yes, I imagine it must be a little like talking to Dr Evil.

Sidhe: We have a proposition for you. We'd like to have access to all official team licenses and player likeness for use in a video game and will be willing to pay you a reasonable price. Please bear in mind that this will be a mutually beneficial agreement in which your brands will receive exposure that they otherwise wouldn't - therefore carrying the potential to increase your existing fan base. What price would you consider fair for such a relationship?

SARU: ... One BILLION dollars *evil laugh*

Yes true, all Saffa are difficult lol. Just think of this song next time you have to deal with those horrible Saffa in-laws. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v439zTOJVho

Latest posts