• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs Stormers

LordHope,

What do you think about my argument to give Hoffmann a start? McLeod is really working on my nerves with his runs.

Lets just say that it is not your arguement alone ;)

However, if Plumtree continues to select McLeod there must be a good enough reason for it, but we (the general public) sure as hell aren't seeing it! And I won't do a " If XXX coach continues to select YYY player, I am not going back!"

Well, sooner or later McLeod will play a good match eventually haha

For someone who's Scottish you really struggle with Mc-names ;)

Kockott decided to leave and sit on the bench for the Lions. We have a good successor in Hoffmann. I hope he gets a chance or otherwise Ross Cronje

Ezequiel - How was my call on the Sharks losing 3 in a row after the Chiefs loss. Nobody would have thought that the Sharks would lose three in a row after winning their first 4. I would be sticking my neck out here but wont be suprised if Lions cause a bit of an upset on Sat! An Andre Pretorius drop goal to seal it....?

It would make the SA conference very interesting. With the Bulls starting to peak at the right time and the Sharks shooting their load it will be interesting to see if the Sharks qualify?

The Stormers should be ok coz they play the Bulls and Sharks at home now after beating them both away. The Bulls and Sharks also have to play eachother twice still and unless the Sharks win both those games they are in a bit of shi....!

I can't see the Sharks turning it around unless they get a decent scrummy and like I said 2-3 weeks ago. The Sharks backline without Lambie is pretty average. The sooner Lambie gets back on the field for the Sharks the better.

Last edited:
Against the Chiefs we were unlucky but you forget the fact we played the Crusaders and Stormers. The best 2 teams in the competition, no doubt. We managed to score 4 tries against the Crusaders which is an amazing stat. We just have to get back to where we were when we beat the Blues at home. That match was for me the best one this season so far from a Sharks point of view

Yeah Sharks destroyed the Blues on attack and defense.

Sharks could easily have won this one but for the butchering of those tries, their own worse enemy was themselves. I wouldn't write them off they are still the best SA attacking team by a mile even with an average backline missing stars, they just need a smart hand at 10 ie Lambie and more variation on attack. It's still good to see the style they are playing, especially when compared to the Bulls.

Missed the game (Dammit) as I moved into my new place this weekend but from the reports it seems as if the game was won upfront ?? Called it correctly last week that the Stormers will win by 10. Just too much to ask from a tired Sharks team without Lambie. I would go as far as saying that Lambie adds probably 20 points to the sharks team !! Same for Stormers with JDV on form , one could see the diffs he added when he was on song last week , I am yet to watch this weeks game so I cannot comment on his play. The Stormers unlike most of the other teams play from 12 and hot 10 !! The general is JDV on attack and Fourie on defense.

Latest posts