Scotland.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Ireland.png

Venue: Murrayfield
Date: Sunday 27th February 2011
Kick Off: 3:00pm GMT​

Last edited:
I've no idea how this will go
I expect Scotland to be much improved, but then again, I expect Ireland will be out for a comfortable win after scraping one, and barely losing the other

Also depends on who's available, I think Bowe is back for this?

Third times the charm

For me, I will be drawing comparisons between the New Zealand and subsequent South Africa matches.
They need to put up a strong performance after Saterday

Hopefully Richie Gray will be roaring to go for this match

Scotland... why did you build me up in November, just to let me down in February?

Please go out and win this.

Now maybe Andy should start Sean Lamont, and Richie Vernon. They are great and played well in November.

I won't be entirely surprised if Scotland play really "okayish" and Ireland bugger it up in the final moments again.

Let's not forget if Ireland were playing nobody at Murrayfield we'd still struggle as that ground is just bad to us

Shite. Murrayfield is a dreadful stadium with woeful atmosphere.

We will probably score 5 tries but lose 33 - 30 to 11 Dan Parks penalties. It'll be okay because we can point to the consistency we bring to out game. Like;

--> Our consistent error count (17-20 per game folks)
--> Our negative penalty count 15-6 against
--> Our unwillingness to use the bench
--> Our unwillingness to drop players that are playing shite (Darcy and O'Leary I'm talking to you)
--> Our inability to win decent linout ball

Ireland should win this game, but we wont.

Ireland should win but form is not on their side. Suspect Dan Parks will display a kicking masterclass and be once again hailed the great redeemer he is.

Logorrhea I agree TOL shouldve been dropped before Sunday but in fairness he did well but if we are looking to unleash backs we need a passing 9.
D'Arcy has been poor for 2 games now in a woeful way so maybe Wallace deserves a shot but in fairness against France we did do alot of right things. Our pack and the different units within the pack all did well and I don't think major changes will be on cards

His best part was when he walked off the pitch ... at the end of the game

I'll go for an Ireland win, after a poor start against Italy they played well yesterday against France. Scotland were very poor against Wales and on paper Ireland should win this one and comfortably for me.

After the performance against Wales I'm pretty gutted but if I'm thinking with my head, it's an Ireland victory easily.

The sheer fact that Ireland can score tries consistently defines the match - with backs like BOD, Luke Fitzgerald and Tommy Bowe (if he's back) and forwards who can make cracking plays on the ball like Jamie Heaslip and POC. Scotland should be able to do the same thing but the team just doesn't seem to come together on attacking plays. Even with a first choice backline of Parks, Morrison, Ansboro, Evans and Lamont which on paper offers so many options, nothing happens. If Scotland can get better field position to try and win kickable penalties from and someone shoots Hugo Southwell, there is a chance that we could grind out a win but it certainly won't be an attractive one!

Logorrhea I agree TOL shouldve been dropped before Sunday but in fairness he did well but if we are looking to unleash backs we need a passing 9.
A flop over the line does not excuse the pedestrian pace he brings to the game. Its not his fault, its Kidneys, but lets not pretend that that performance was anything other then woeful. Again.

Just another example of EOS v2 in action.

TOl I thought linked up well with Headlip a few times and i'm not saying he should be starter but thought that while he had some shocking moments ie that kick he did somethings well. Let's not forget he overpowered 2 props for the try.

This game could produce the highest error count of the championship... Or ever really.

McFadden didn't overpower 2 props or if he did it wasn't for his try and I missed it. Look your missing point I'm not saying he should be a starter just he was better than recently (which was hard). If I'd my way Stringer and Boss would be the options.

Latest posts