• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland, 24/02/13

Dougy, how you feeling about Scott Johnson at the moment? Possible long term thing?

I am still not 100% sold on Johnson, a lot of what has made his team good, has already been in place with Andy. He has seemed to get great heart from the guys (but so did Andy). I think Dean is doing a great job with the forwards. So I am leaning towards given him a longer contract, but want to see how Scotland finish off there last two games first.

:lol:
that guy's enthusiasm for his apparently ancestors' country of origin is absolutely amazing....and by amazing, I mean unreal.

The backs got almost no ball. Ireland made 7+ (can't remember actual number) line breaks. We also already know the possession and territory stats. So Hogg, Tim, and Maitland did a great job of chasing kicks, making tackles and preventing line breaks becoming tries. They did everything that was asked of them. Tim still needs to work on his tackling and ruck play, but they played a defensive game great, especially for three guys that want to attack... so yes, as we North Americans say, they were unreal.

Also, I was not born in Scotland, but what makes Six nations great is the rivalry, I had my Irish uncle in Canada for the game and had some money riding on it. Sorry for picking my grandparents country. But last time I checked Canada was not in the Six Nations.

Healy free to play against France.
Shameful from the IRB. Shameful.
If he was French or South African, he'd have been hung.

Agree that it shameful and Healy should've been given minimum 6 weeks with nothing suspended. However delighted to have him back as we missed his bit of spark.

However I wonder now how Kidney will pick bench. Against Scotland he basically said Court is trusted more than Kilcoyne and backed PJ over ROG. With Sexton maybe fit and Healy back what does he do for bench. Pick Kilcoyne who he basically indicated he doesn't trust fully yet or Court who reminds me of Trimble in that all his good form is exclusive to White jersey. And at 22 does he say PJ I back you or hope ROG turns back time if needed. This is huge call because even if Sexton returns there is a big chance he could pull up injured again

Healy free to play against France.
Shameful from the IRB. Shameful.
If he was French or South African, he'd have been hung.

Or if he was Gavin Henson ...

Remember he got 10 weeks for just brushing off a Leicester prop who charged at him from behind ...

diapo677c2808c6731d2475de98dc3af8448f.gif

In view of other bans, that is one of the most disproportionate ever.

Citing system a lottery and a farce (has been a while) and needs to be dealt with.

To be honest, he was banned for 3 weeks beginning from the Sunday following the England match. Once the IRB turned around and said he couldn't play on the Saturday, they were always going to face appeal. The IRFU was right to appeal and it was rightfully successful. I think he should have gotten 5 weeks suspension but the original banning was three and the IRB were operating outside regulation when they deicided to just extent his ban, realising their mistake.

If the IRB banned Healy for 4 weeks as they should have done, this wouldn't be an issue. The fact that they handed down a delayed 3 week ban which is against their own rules is the problem here.

Healy shouldn't play against France. The IRBs idiocy ensures he will.

Sean Cronin has two tries for Leinster after 10 minutes we really need to use him smartly.

Latest posts