• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

Some of those kicks will be penalties...

Scotland 3 - England 0

EDIT: ...while some will be utterly crap such as Wilko's cross kick and Dan Park's kick to touch not finding touch...

Decent attacking work by England then, just Wilkinsons silly double-miss-pass ended it

Also, Tim Payne CANNOT tackle. At that lineout, when the ball went over the top of the jumpers, the Scottish SH caught it, and Payne just half-heartedly leant vaguely towards him, and let him run past

Oh would you look at that. Another kick!

Very rare in this day and age.

Scotland 3 - 3 England.

Wilkinson going off? Took a knock then. Ah, no, staying on for the time being

6-3.

Well England do have Toby Flood which would probably mean that England & Scotland break the world record for fielding the worlds lightest back lines in Test Match rugby.

EDIT: Seriously, Johnnie Beattie could probably carry England & Scotland's backs from 9 through to 15 in an iron man tournament.

Further EDIT: Jesus....well nobody said this was gonna be France vs New Zealand circa 1999.

If Hartley doesn't get carded for that he'll be lucky

EDIT: Yup, he got lucky. Penalty didn't even get reversed

I'm not rating the Scots as a crowd.
In the Ireland/Wales game, the crowd were silent during kicks, and just generally good. The Jocks have been booing during kicks, and were jeering when Wilkinson was down injured.

Third time lucky for Dan Parks dropgoals,

HT:
9 - 6

It's a good job Scotland aren't too good at finishing, because they've been in our 22 a fair bit

And so the first half ends at 9 - 6.

I think Robbie Deans must be watching this wondering why he brought a pair of budgies (i.e. swimming thong) to an Edinburgh winter hurricane last season.

Rugby quote of the month:

"If I was the referee, I'd say to both props 'if you can't keep this scrum up, you're both going off to the bin and we'll get people on who can - we haven't all come here to see you dig for victory'."

Dont ya just love the way the english commentators always put england down :mellow: HT gg all to play for :D

England need to bring on Mullan to get rid of Payne, and Foden/Flood to inject some life into the backs
Deacons not actually had a bad game, though would love to see Lawes get a decent run out in the second half

Penalty from the kick off:
9 - 9

EDIT: Wilkinsons down injured again. Really should bring Flood on now, even if Wilkinson gets back up
Double Edit: Flood's on now

Scottish crowd being ****s again: Cheering Wilkinson being injured

England more threatening as soon as Flood comes on, and now Foden on as well - Cracking :D

Suddenly, as if by magic Toby Flood makes it all better again.

And on comes Foden. This time with enough minutes on the clock to make an impact.

We've got noone to bring on for Monye have we? The only other back on the bench is Youngs

Nasty clash, hope both players are okay.

Rocket Singh, are you the artist formerly known as Prestwick?