• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Fiji (10/09/2023)

What a game . So glad we clinched the win there , cruel for Fiji tho love the flyers

At least Fiji has the consolation of 2 bonus points, but it's still gutting they should have 5

Gat's/WRU may have got the WC preparation spot on here though. Their training camps were gruelling in Switzerland and Turkey, in very hot conditions. Have to wait and see though.
I think what he got spot on was massaging the rules by having regular fake injury stoppages and water breaks. If refs are just going to turn a blind eye to it then good luck to them. I thought Wales were excellent, but as a neutral I hate some of the stunts they pull like today and with the HIA. I do think the conditions were a big advantage to Fiji if the ref was remotely interested or empowered to keep the game flowing.

Last edited:
Referee had much to do with the outcome of the game. However I thought Wales were good, and solid defensively on the whole.

Bonkers game. Wales improved a lot since the 6N, but they'll be concerned with the discipline in that second half, could easily have lost them the game.

Genuinely can't wait for the Aus Fiji game.

Can't wait for the itv team to say how brilliant Wales were and good the refereeing was

The funny thing is the ref is an Englishman, I think for sure he missed a few yellows for sure but he didn't try and penalise Fiji anytime during those last 15 mins they did have the chance to win the game but squandered it unfortunately this is the fine margins of rugby

Latest posts