• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Fiji (10/09/2023)

Jesus wept is this a Churchill insurance advert

Nod nod nod nod nod nod nod

Frustrating for Fiji to have 3x botched tries at the line. Tela a bigger drop off than I feared. It said it all that Fiji took kicking duties away from after just one kick and kept kicking to the corners. They would never have done that with Muntz and it prevented them from keeping the scoreboard ticking over, which was ultimately the difference. I'm sure Australia will be able to exploit this weakness too. Even if Fiji scored at the end there the chances of a match winning kick looked extremely slim. So there will be large areas of the field the Wallabies will feel comfortable giving away tactical penalties.

I do think Wales are looking like the 6th best team in the world right now (with Liam at 15). So good luck to them in that half of the draw.

Can't deny Wales deserved a first yellow earlier on when we were camped on our line + one for Liam not long after. That's tough on Fiji.

I'll take the win, and actually thought we played well in large parts. Fiji threw everything at us, and for large parts our first up tackling was excellent. We attacked well too.

Fiji are an awesome side now, really hope to see them go on and do well in this comp. Would love to see them get through to the quarters

How many times in the last 2 years have Wales been saved by awful calls? It's ridiculous
Tbf, I've seen some stinkers against them. They were never going to win, but I remember them playing New Zealand and every time they got close to scoring, the ref would blow the whistle for nothing. They were never allowed near the try line.

Oh no wait, they actually are covering it… and playing it down massively.

Can't deny Wales deserved a first yellow earlier on when we were camped on our line + one for Liam not long after. That's tough on Fiji.

I'll take the win, and actually thought we played well in large parts. Fiji threw everything at us, and for large parts our first up tackling was excellent. We attacked well too.

Fiji are an awesome side now, really hope to see them go on and do well in this comp. Would love to see them get through to the quarters
Absolutely no denying that Wales played really well today, and if the ref lets you cheat - keep on cheating, it's rugby, cheating well is all part of it.

But sorry, Wales would not have won that, playing the same way (complete with cheating) with a competent ref.

Absolutely no denying that Wales played really well today, and if the ref lets you cheat - keep on cheating, it's rugby, cheating well is all part of it.

But sorry, Wales would not have won that, playing the same way (complete with cheating) with a competent ref.
Hmm. Who knows , I'll take the win anytime mind

Latest posts