• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] South Africa vs Romania (17/09/2023)

Moodie is young and this is not much of a match but I expect he'll get a deserved ear full. Reinach also went for a hail Mary dot down and went dead so the focus is simply not all there.

Le Roux is comfortably the fastest pensioner I've ever seen

Edit: that being his first RWC try ever is insane

Hmm, that should probably be a yellow (start at red for shot direct to the head, yellow as the player is dropping and tackler is already low)

Rassie going to claim they wanted to beat Romania by exactly one more point than we did and that it could have been more if not, or something.

7 RWC matches or something like that since we've conceded a try.

That and it doesn't look like we've lost another player about the only real positives? Don't think any of our other questions have truly been answered tbh.

Phantom Parfum Marketing Executive A: what celebrity can we get to advertise our high brand cologne?

Phantom Parfum Marketing Executive B: what's the pervy, stoner older brother from Stranger Things up to?

7 RWC matches or something like that since we've conceded a try.

That and it doesn't look like we've lost another player about the only real positives? Don't think any of our other questions have truly been answered tbh.
I disagree. We got an interesting answer on can Fourie throw into a lineout. Yes he can. Can Van Staden scrum? Yep, he is fine. Do we have an 85% kicker in the squad? No… no we don't. Pollard to be announced back in the squad later today.

Scrummaging against semi-pros is very different to sticking your head between Sheehan and Furlong.
This is true. Probably the area where we still have a bit more of a question mark in our forwards. I think whoever made the point earlier in the thread (I think it was @unrated ) we need to give Libbok a nice position and opportunity to prove himself next weekend vs Ireland as the right starter for the tournament. If it doesn't work out, Pollard has the opportunity to prove himself in terms of match fitness. Being a bit of a dip in hooker scrummaging isn't ideal, but I'd rather we shore up our lineouts and goal kicking then ensuring our backup hooker's scrummaging is the best.

Seeing that we have 5 props, I wondered about turning one of them into a Hooker. Kitshoff maybe would offer front row scrummaging experience, whilst also plenty of pilfering at the breakdown.

I'm worried about what happens when we face a World Class front row, and Bongi is off at 60 mins.

I disagree. We got an interesting answer on can Fourie throw into a lineout. Yes he can. Can Van Staden scrum? Yep, he is fine. Do we have an 85% kicker in the squad? No… no we don't. Pollard to be announced back in the squad later today.
I don't trust it though. Can we really count on it? It's Romania.

Willemse kicked well today and Libbok has his 100 percent days. I'd rather back them and get in a hooker. The issue is that we keep persisting with Dweba. I'd have him at 5th choice for the Stormers in behind all of Kotze, Venter, Ntubeni and Fourie. I garuantee if our backup hooker was anyone else we'd have brought them in instead of Pollard.