• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] South Africa vs Romania (17/09/2023)

i cant recall a game where the winning team was in such a rush to score.

This is a shambles, once again read another article about there being a 24 team world cup even as early as 2027. After yesterday's games, where Portugal (and Chile) showed potential, this shows what happens when the rugby superpowers ignore the rest of the world. People will start switching off when the springboks play the all blacks for the 19th time in a season. Did anyone see the crowd at the NZ Warriors game yesterday?

Thought you said those games were pointless and a blight on the sport?
No, games like New Zealand vs Nambia, Ireland vs Romania and likely this one. The sport needs to be mature enough to realise how big a world cup can be, which provides entertaining games. At the same time, the biggest sides in the world need to aid their neighbours development.

No, games like New Zealand vs Nambia, Ireland vs Romania and likely this one. The sport needs to be mature enough to realise how big a world cup can be, which provides entertaining games. At the same time, the biggest sides in the world need to aid their neighbours development.

You can't just cherry pick the high scoring games and ban that while you want to keep the games where Uruguay, Portugal and Chile put up a fight.

South Africa showing that the best way to run up a score isn't to chuck the ball about like Ireland and France did. Just doing the basics and waiting for the big errors.

You can't just cherry pick the high scoring games and ban that while you want to keep the games where Uruguay, Portugal and Chile put up a fight.
🤔 I'm not cherry picking, what I'm saying is a 20 team world cup is too big, there is no value in Romania playing the Springboks once every four years, getting smashed, then ignored. As I stated yesterday, we should have a European Championship so teams like Portugal get regular games against the bigger teams. I would like "A" teams to tour South America, expand the game organically, rather then pretend it's a game with a global footprint

Deon Fourie immediately doing Deon Fourie things

Latest posts