• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

I'm not sure that the difference in a score will be that high tbh. Maybe we'll even see something like Fra:RSA as I think Eng will try really hard this time and RSA looked already a bit tired during the last match (imo).
Plus, scared to think what it will be like between fans of both teams after the match (I mean in a reality,not on this forum)
I knew it :cool::cool::cool:
Must add that England was good in it. Their best match in this RWC imo. After the first half I started to think they could win it
Yeah, maybe a kickfest,but tough and interesting to watch. Really love this RWC.
I'm supporting NZ for the final

Same as last week. BOK just loves what he sees from the Bok bench in the scrum.

I always fancy England to be highly competitive in the rain, and the Bok starting XV seemed to be for fair conditions so they gave themselves an almighty hole to climb out of. I'd have loved Ford to have got a chance at a drop goal (score or no score) but it wasn't to be.

A great advert for astroturf.

What's the average age of the England starting front row?? They seem to have been around forever.

Wow. I really thought we lost that. England came in with the better game plan for this. Subs were the big turning points, Pollard, Fourie and RG plus the pressure on the scrum. Really proud of the character of the team to just not give up and keep pushing.

Really is looking decent for England if they can build with Borthwick in the next 4 years. He got shafted by a short time period ahead of this World Cup and has come one point short of getting them to the final. Think England supporters can be incredibly proud of how their team performed today… but it's also gutting that you started off with no Hope (based on the posts in this thread) then they had you believe and then it was just taken at the end there. That feeling is worse.

Man Pollard… wow.

So sorry for the English fans on the board here. That one I'm sure is a tough one to take.

We don't haven't one of those, Wigglesworth is permanent attack coach - Jones is a general assistant, been working in analysis and defence the last four years
That is my worry. This is how borthwick wants to play I am not convinced this form of attack wins consistently anymore.

Well gutted.

Last scrum was NEVER a bok scrum. Koch was going in.

England subs not good enough.

Borthwick is turning this team around...I've said it from long back.

New squad a few new faces...new attack Coach...and the 6n is going to be fascinating.

I'm wearing my Kiwi shirt next week.
Then you will be losing twice as South Africa should win the final comfortably, I am picking by about 10 points.

Latest posts