• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF3] England vs Fiji (15/10/2023)

Surely Eddie jones needs to be sacked from Australia and then take the lions role against them. That would be comical if he wasn't such a poor coach now.
Eddies not a poor coach - he's just misunderstood.

Mostly by the players and every pundit...

I can see us having one amazing performance in the semis. But two will be too much, and we will lose by a lot against New Zealand.
I would have been a lot more worried about playing Fiji, tbh.

On a serious note now though Fiji, Samoa efc need to be supported to continue this improvement..as with Portugal efc also. World Rugby needs to make this priority....
You don't follow Southern Hemisphere rugby?

We have the Drua and Moana Pasifika in Super Rugby, plus the Pacific Challenge and Pacific Nations Cup.

The concern for me is the RFU looking at this as their success and a reason to carry on the current direction.

There's a few Kiwi coaches going spare. Why would the RFU keep Borthwick when there's clearly better coaches available?

Is it a case of only an English coach will be acceptable?

The good news for England is that a WC final against Argentina is still on the cards. Yes, you'll have to believe me, it is possible...
Will they put Ford at 10 again ?
More 'on the pipe' than 'on the cards'.

The stuff of fantasy and fever dreams.

I get people want change but if England got kicked early from the group or an embarrassing QF to Fiji, imo I doubt Borthwick gets sacked anyway so I doubt change happens if either of of those 2 things happen.
You didn't think that was an embarrassing QF against Fiji?

It Fiji had landed two astray penalties your team wouldn't have progressed.

When it's more about a failed set piece than any positive game play on your behalf, that's an embarrassment. When you look at the relative size of the unions - 40M quid spent just on the England team, about 4 million quid spent on the whole of rugby in Fiji

England has 1,900 clubs, 10 of them professional clubs and 1,182,602 players, Fiji has 560 clubs with one professional club, 80,000 players - including 20,000 kids.

It looks like an embarrassment to me.

So Dan has been in all 5 match day squads.

He was entrusted with a whole 55 minutes against Chile, otherwise got 8 against Arg, 6 against Jap, 0 v Samoa and 0 against Fiji.

Utterly ridiculous.

This guy has clearly been nominated as our number two number two and could be called upon in the 2nd minute of a RWC semi against the powder puff front rows and feeble line outs of France or the Boks. What sort of preparation has he had?

Quite apart from the confidence factor of Borthwick yelling from the rooftops "I DON'T TRUST YOU".

It could be worse, one injury and Walker will be in the 23.

I really like him for Quins, but clearly Bostik thinks he stinks the place out, despite having selected him in the first place.

However, England are currently the pride of the Northern hemisphere and the only unbeaten side in the tournament, so it must count for something...

Mouth of the match?

Truly the least gracious captain of any team on the planet. His sneering reactions to referees decisions is very tiresome.

Not often I wish ill of any rugby player, but if he never graces a ground ever again, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.
About 75% (and 90% on here) of England fans feel the same. Leave him at Sarries

You didn't think that was an embarrassing QF against Fiji?

It Fiji had landed two astray penalties your team wouldn't have progressed.

When it's more about a failed set piece than any positive game play on your behalf, that's an embarrassment. When you look at the relative size of the unions - 40M quid spent just on the England team, about 4 million quid spent on the whole of rugby in Fiji

England has 1,900 clubs, 10 of them professional clubs and 1,182,602 players, Fiji has 560 clubs with one professional club, 80,000 players - including 20,000 kids.

It looks like an embarrassment to me.

No, England was the better team and deserved to win the game. Im not saying we had a great game but not embarrassment. First half was pretty decent.

Next bit is irrelevant, England also missed 3 kicks at goal and had many opportunities to score in the first half.

As the rest argument as old as time on here funding and registered players. According to Rugby Paper Fiji are 6th in terms of registered players ahead of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and many others. Should Fiji be embarrassed they're doing worse in the rankings then those teams of course not.

Look Im aware England are on the good side of the draw, had a poor few years, don't think Borthwick is good enough and all that usual stuff we've all talk about over last few weeks. Just didn't think today was as bad as people say and happy to be in a semi final.

Latest posts