• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

I find it very sad that the English would support and be so happy for a nation of Argentina that caused the biggest naval war of this decade . I'm ex royal navy and nobody on board ever supported anything from Argentina , if the Falklands means nothing then jog on imo
Rugby not politics but since you opened the door, the sheep population in the Falklands are eternally grateful.

Dickson and the team just confirmed their tournament is over.

Biggest decision in RWC history outside of Jouberts embarrassment.

Good luck to Argentina in the next round, fingers crossed no other quarter is ruined by a ref decision
Glad even you can't condone Adams thuggery which completely go against rugby morals.🤷‍♀️

I'm trying to grow and not blame refs for outcomes… but I thought that was a penalty to Wales at the very 'bottom of the barrel' least.
But, crucially, Wales had plenty of chances and too many errors in that game. That one ref decision is not the main reason we lost. But a turning point at least!

Glad even you can't condone Adams thuggery which completely go against rugby morals.🤷‍♀️
And simulation is a by far worse corruption of rugby morals right, because you cannot play a game of rugby if you do not have that integrity?

Try harder.

Why? Its the truth. Yourself and Harry complaining about not getting what would of been a yellow card while Adams got away with one as well. It equalled out, it wasnt the reason you lost, I get its emotional, but it is what it is.

I'm trying to grow and not blame refs for outcomes… but I thought that was a penalty to Wales at the very 'bottom of the barrel' least.
That's the point. Some seem to forget Arg was playing with a penalty advantage at that point. That is why it was so important whether it was foul play or not.

It was a better game by arg than expected.

They key moment was Moroni for Chocobares. Our center looked much more solid on defense after that.

Isa is a goddamn lion

Never in doubt a out our talent, this shows great growth psychologically and I'm so looking forward to our future

Now let's hope those wiki slobs can pull it off as well :))

Respect for Wales!

As a neutral fan watching this game, I will say this:

- Wales got away in the first half, not getting a yellow card. There was no wrap, it was a shoulder charge. Textbook yellow card.
- Argentina late in the game not getting a yellow was the right call. The mitigation was properly explained and a joint decision by the referee, linesmen and the TMO.

I will say however, that it's rare that mitigation goes so far that it's not even a penalty. Should it have overturned the initial penalty Argentina got in the corner? Perhaps. That is a discussion worth having. But Argentina not getting a yellow is the right call.

On the game overall: Wales was outscored 29-7 in the final 50 minutes. That tells you all you need to know. They just didn't capitalise on their chances after getting an early 10-0 lead. Argentina deservedly won this game.

Goes to show how bad the Wallabies were.
Yes, underlines that was the worst group given the winner of it is going home. Gives more confidence that Fiji will disappear tomorrow. Then we'll just have two ruddy ordinary sides clogging up the knockout stages.

**** ref decisions etc. if the Welsh players had kept their heads today (something they did extremely well in the group stag) I have no doubt we would've won. We mentally failed today… it was very strange to see as Gats normally has us execute with a fair degree of pragmatism during important matches (even if we end up losing)… that did not happen from the 30 minute mark today.

Latest posts