• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France v Namibia Date: Thursday, 21 September Kick-off: 20:00 BST

Your confusing two totally different teams. NZ did nearly bottle the final and France raised their game.
I think my original point is that outside of DC that NZ team still had players that were not just the best of their time but you could make an argument are amongst very best we have ever seen
You can't say that for anyone in this French side barring Du Pont
But the point is that it is a squad game now. France can't rely on one player to go on and win their home World Cup. That is my point. If DuPont makes it back later he makes it but it shouldn't distract that this is a team game and it's ultimately about who steps up in his place.

I would say France were favourites before this RWC but these are the sorts of twists and turns that happen that they have to overcome if they are ultimately to prevail.

Ha finally the information of the surgery yesterday was not that wrong, Dupont had a surgery last evening, they put a plate on his jaw, this si confirmed by several sources this time:

And it is planned he is getting back in the french team in the next few days under medical control

But the point is that it is a squad game now. France can't rely on one player to go on and win their home World Cup. That is my point. If DuPont makes it back later he makes it but it shouldn't distract that this is a team game and it's ultimately about who steps up in his place.

I would say France were favourites before this RWC but these are the sorts of twists and turns that happen that they have to overcome if they are ultimately to prevail.
Yeah the French squad is good. However would anyone non french back them to win a WC minus Dupont... probably not.
Would people outside of NZ of still backed NZ to win a WC in 11 minus DC ...absolutely. As their team was still packed full of some the greatest players to play the game

Yeah the French squad is good. However would anyone non french back them to win a WC minus Dupont... probably not.
Would people outside of NZ of still backed NZ to win a WC in 11 minus DC ...absolutely. As their team was still packed full of some the greatest players to play the game
I think in 2011, it was true but today it would be less true if the ABs had a player like Carter. The level of the 7-8 top teams are really close together compared back to 2011 where it was still exceptional to beat the ABs for anybody when currently, it is not exceptional anymore. Today, if the ABs had a Carter and they were losing him to injury, it would be a blow as much as losing Dupont for the french due mainly to their level being now equal to the competition. my 2 cents :D

Latest posts