• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

SA not really doing anything flash, but smashing the breakdown and keeping a tight defence. They are also putting pressure on at the set piece and got a little bit of success.

Wales got outside of them a few times and will want to do that a bit more when they have the territory. They need to stop the box kick. I think their percentage success from that was around 10%. Play more territory If playing the kicking game as you are turning over possession either way. Wales missing a rucking backrow at this game.

Not surprised that Norths hammy went. He wasn't fit last week

Cagey both ways.
SA look better positioned with a new front 5 to come on and wales already out of shape in backline with injury. Saying that, we could be heading for a scrum half on the wing special later in game.

It would seem we only have a kicking game plan when faf is starting, jantjies and reinach always look to pass before kick, so they obviously play a different gameplan

Just look at how much our 10 gets ball from 9 when either one of them play

Not pretty by any stretch.
Can see the thinking, keeping that giant Bokke pack running back and for with kicks in play.
Imagine it may bear dividends for Wales in the last 20 with fatigue, but whether it's worth enduring the initial 60 minutes is up for debate.
Still, if a win comes from it, then nobody will remember the performance (unless it's under therapy, and there are flashbacks).

Hopefully SA do the same as the Japan game and employ the backs a bit more in the second half

Wales showed some attacking promise early doors but then....just didn't bother with it again

Not really one for the neutral

SA playing the same as they did against japan, i expect them to keep more ball in the 2nd half and just rumble up the field when the "bomb squad" comes on.

I think this is a case of both teams anticipating the armwrestle and therefore making it more likely to happen by just resigning to it.

Not pretty by any stretch.
Can see the thinking, keeping that giant Bokke pack running back and for with kicks in play.
Imagine it may bear dividends for Wales in the last 20 with fatigue, but whether it's worth enduring the initial 60 minutes is up for debate.
Still, if a win comes from it, then nobody will remember the performance (unless it's under therapy, and there are flashbacks).
Only trouble with this idea is that the boks have a second pack watching from the bench.

If the game continues like this I would expect the Welsh pack to be the one that tires. But when the scoreboard is this tight it only takes one mistake or breakaway try for either side.

After the first half.. who would you, as an Englishman, prefer to face?
Whoever we play it's a one final match so anyone can win.
On present showing we will be favourites but that means nothing as yesterday showed it's more about desire and execution.
Surprisingly I'm enjoying this match as its nip and tuck.

Latest posts